The Misadventures of Bombodil's RDWC SOG Unknown Bagseed Brickweed

After years of drooling over Western Winds, I finally cowboyed up and ordered seeds! From Attitude, their word of mouth rep on this site speaks for itself. Seriously, when I first saw Western Winds back in 04 I thought to myself I MUST GROW THAT! But at the time the idea of ordering cannabeans was unthinkable to me. Two things gave me the courage to finally do it: 1) all the personal experiences of the great folks on 420mag, and 2) got a safe ship-to address at the home of a kewl relative here in town. Last night discussing the matter with him, we relived some of our grow experiences together back in the day. He no longer grows or smokes (hence the safe addy) but i swear we pulled some amazing outdoor/indoor grows that year! For example, we were growing in a 2x2x2ft cabinet IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS. Then, seeing how well that was going, startes a grow even further off into the woods under a 50gal plastic garbage can! Walking through the woods you may have noticed an old brown garbage can with an old tarp laying over it,nnothing to even give pause, but under that can was a hydro DWC with a 45w CFL and a computer fan extraction system. You kick that can over by accident and the nighttime woods would have lit up like the 4th of july! If i could have documented that grow on 420mag, 100% guarantee that you guys would have given us the Hillbilly Outdoor Indoors Guerilla Grow of the Year award! Lol

Forgot to list what I ordered:
Western Winds
Malawi Gold
Holy Smokes freebies with malawi gold: mozambique poison and mulanje gold
Other UFO and promo Xmas freebies

Got an email from Attitude informing me they have shipped the order.

OMG I am excited! And nervous. When i submitted the order my cc company declined, not surprising since the transaction was in the UK but no recent airfare/travel purchases recently... I know exactly how they mine data for fraud indicators, won't go into details here but suffice to say that old tom has to make his living somehow. Anyway, called the number and my good buddy Kevin pushed the order through after I promised him pick o' the nugs.... J/k! But since the moment the order was processed I've been alternating between giddy excitement and abject terror/paranoia. I mean it's like I expected black:high-five: helicopters to come swooping in as soon as the order was placed... I can hear the command center radioing the pilot: "He ordered them, he orderes them, move out! " lol. Was anyone else this high strung ordering seeds for the first time?

Thanks north! As i said before, personal experiences really set my mind at ease. Especially since I shipped to a safe house, intellectually I got nothing to worry about... but pucker factor, always the pucker factor! I'm also a bit jealous of folks living in states or nations with SOME legal provision for use. Where I'm at, they lock you in a box for that shit. But again on the other hand ordering seeds has nothing to do with local LEO or any of that. So hats off to you guys for following my little grow, and pointing the way!

Today is day 25, it's been 3 days since nutes so I soaked them down with tap water. I usually let the tap water sit overnight, but if I need to refill during watering I often just put it straight in from the tap. I know my utility district uses chlorine and not chloramine. I haven't yet hooked up the icemaker kit for water, hasn't been a need yet.

I wonder what I will do with this grow if .and when I get Western Winds beans. I dont have alot of space, cant really support multiple grows. These seedlings will only be just over 30 days old when I get the WesWin so when I think of the potential for a 100+ day pure sativa flowering time, I'm thinking I'd be better off to scrap this bagseed bamboozle and go with the good genetics. If so i will definitely be documenting that.

Its not easy for anyone anywhere to have this as a hobby. For the select few that maybe have medical licenses in Canada there are 1000s that have no chance of getting one. In my area the doctors refuse to proscribe and without that I'm looking at some time in a box if on the off chance I have a breach of security. Its just silly, everywhere but 6 or 7 places in the world its illegal.

E Didn't realize our situations were so similar. I guess I assumed all of Canada was more open, never bothered to look it up, just goes to show you that things are not always they way you assume them to be. I AM super jealous of folks in Colorado and Washington! I feel reonvigorated by the recent legislations, like i have new hope. I had pretty much given up all hope that it would ever happen in my lifetime, after prop 19 failed in CA in 2010. You wanna know a dirty little secret, that I dont know how many people realize? Pardon me while I get out my soapbox.... IT WAS THE GROWERS! The damn commercial growers! They fought hard to block that shit, or at least to finance the blocking. I just felt really dirty after that, because the very people who should have been on the path of what's right and moral let themselves be tempted by greed, the fucking money was all that mattered to them in the end. So when CO and WA did what they:theband: did, all of a sudden it seemed possible. Not definite, maybe not even likely, but possible.

Updates: the girls are all around 12" tall at the moment. Since i have so many, i experimented by defoliating the three of the with the most branching growth , cutting the big fan leaf under each newly developed branch.

One of them is a boy! I had read that GLR sometimes elicits pre-flower sexing, and that has to be the case I'm seeing... Little ball.sacks, missed them earlier I guess because they are all hanging on one side and partially obscured by new branching. I examined the others and no more male preflowers can be seen at the moment. There are a few that look like they have pre-pistils, but hard to tell.

Order for attitude is being handed off from Brit to Yank now. I expect in the next day or two it will clear customw and I'm predicting a delivery of next Friday. Still torn on what to do with this grow once the good beans are in hand... Should i keep it going?

U guys must have been reading my mind, been thinking all morning that it would be a shame to just dump these ladies. Although I never intended to flower these ladies from seed, especially in soil pots that cant be more than 1L. The Mexican brick weed I get around here seems to be lanky sativa dom, but its been a minute since i grew any so it could be different these days.... I have noticed the leaves are a bit wider on my 'Q series'. Maybe ill jusy give it a shot, it'd be my first time flowering in soil!

Found another dude, this time it's Old Glory! 4 pollen sacks.

There are a couple that I'm pretty sure are chicks, I think I am seeing tiny white pistils at some of the nodes.

I think I'm gonna send these pups into flower power 12 hour. If i get my good sativa seeds in next week, allowing 30days for germ and veg, then 7-14 days to take clones and root them, that's 42-50 days lost if i just scrapped these ladies. Hell i could be well along towards harvest by then, and that's if I popped the new ones the day they arrived. I mean, what if someone had scrapped Einstein because he wasn't blue blood pedigree? No, all life is valuable and since I brought these girls into the world they are gonna get the same chance as any other.

May have to change the name of this journal if I'm gonna flower in soil though : )

Welcome AZmeds! I've enjoyed reading your input on some of these other threads. How's that UC coming, that's my ultimate dream!

Attitude order showed 'processed through sort facility new York isc' Friday morning. I've cone to understand that i probably won't receive any more updates, it will either show up in a few days, few weeks, never at all, our empty with the dreaded letter. Here's hoping a little holiday luck will come my way this week!

I've been doing serious defoliation on the girls. Also been trying the twist/bend training technique. As has been said before, its freaking amazing how quick they recover and bend back towards the light. I feel somewhat liberated by the fact these are bagseed with good genetics on the way, I can try more aggressive techniques.

Back
Top Bottom