The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Didn't mean to be an ass Rico !! I grow aero under LEDs --- Knats --Dog Pecker Knats as the Hippie calls them !!-- I had always grown in dirt but I went to.war with the bastards and won !! I have absolutely no bug problem !!! I bought a aero cloner and built my own aero grow boxes -- I run a 5 month cycle harvesting a 17 spot SEA OF GREEN every month with my rotation !! Took awhile and the.end of this month will be.my first full cycle !! Had to isolate the cream of the crop females before I could begin ! Now I clone the shit out of them girls and am currently thinning my 7 mother lines down to 2-4 -- pick of the litter White Widow from as close to the breeder as I could get !!! My Widow don't lie !! Gonna cross it with a mutant landrace Indica I found to speed up finishing time without giving up any quality !! I have a.small competitive streak and when I no longer have to hide-- I plan on stepping up and just TAKE me one of them CUPS !!
I smoked white widow in Amsterdam and loved it.

I think a rapid dry screws it up totally , not letting the sugars and flavors mature - like a wine.. But this is my hokey comment I am sure the scientific dudes are sure to follow..
Supposedly chlorophyll is the main reason why weed can taste harsh. Chlorophyll will degrade after 4 or 5 days hanging somewhere cool and dark. A month hanging in your cool garage sounds super. Two weeks at 20c and RH 50/55% worked well for me last season. If your weed dries too fast then there will be chlorophyll still in the dry finished product.

RH 60% is a threshold for mold. So it's a delicate balancing act to keep the RH from swinging either way. Too low RH and drying speeds up.

Like so many things in growing weed, it can be taken to excess. I've been told my '2 weeks' is unnecessary, but as said by someone else, "Low and slow". I think there's a lot of 'Lore' is growing weed. Eg: special fertilizer ratios, pH testing of water rather than the growth media, molasses, flushing.

By the time you get to our ages, you likely have done a bit of gardening. Just like growing nice fat tomatoes or your prized roses, there are things we can do to promote the growth and development of our plants, the rest is genetics.

:yummy: There is more growing experience in The Over 50 Club than in most growing threads on 420 Magazine.

Other threads consistently replow the same ground; "Am I over fertilizing? Over watering? Is this a male?" :scratchinghead:

Look, dont take this wrong. I'm happy folks get to learn a lot on here :geek:
And the general attitude of the folks on the site is great :high-five:

BUT...(you knew it was coming)... :skeptical:

If you want a growing question answered from folks with a vast amount of hands-on experience, from people who are used to making stuff work well, WITHOUT a lot of money and input costs, or extra work...then The Mountain is the place to be ;)

:nomo: People from all over the site can come here, to the Mountain, to have their growing questions answered for real, by the oldest and most experienced growing folks on 420 Magazine!

If I had a growing problem with any of the crops on my farm, I asked my Dad and Grandpa and that is precisely how I view our contributions to this site. :amen:

So this is it.

The Mountain.
How's it going guy's,
Is this place still active?

Didn't mean to be an ass Rico !! I grow aero under LEDs --- Knats --Dog Pecker Knats as the Hippie calls them !!-- I had always grown in dirt but I went to.war with the bastards and won !! I have absolutely no bug problem !!! I bought a aero cloner and built my own aero grow boxes -- I run a 5 month cycle harvesting a 17 spot SEA OF GREEN every month with my rotation !! Took awhile and the.end of this month will be.my first full cycle !! Had to isolate the cream of the crop females before I could begin ! Now I clone the shit out of them girls and am currently thinning my 7 mother lines down to 2-4 -- pick of the litter White Widow from as close to the breeder as I could get !!! My Widow don't lie !! Gonna cross it with a mutant landrace Indica I found to speed up finishing time without giving up any quality !! I have a.small competitive streak and when I no longer have to hide-- I plan on stepping up and just TAKE me one of them CUPS !!
Wow you sound like you really know what you are doing. May I communicate with you regarding growing?

I'm down with my aero and LEDs now -- once U know U can't go back -- I grow in Texas over a hundred plants is a ten year sentence -- makes everything very real !! I grow a SOG rotation which puts me a wee bit over the line !! All clones !! Someone suggested I could make stems into baskets -- One such basket would get me arrested for possession in Texas !! I take a chance every time I post !! For growing a freaking plant -- I truely live in the twilight zone -- not only do I have the assorted Po-Po to worry about -- the cartels catch me growing down here and I die or grow for them !! The old silver or lead choice !! Then there's rippers should U even thing about growing outdoors with three levels of aircraft looking down! Should I get bold and provide anyone with this quality of weed and the Po-Po get wind of it !! They have a special unit to hunt it down and bust the source !! Got a head injury but I ain't stupid !! Welcome to my world !!! Did I mention the roving border patrol checkpoints ?? This Ain't Colorado !!
oops that was 2014 you My not be active on here now.

Harvest time...... a few pic s for Sour Diesel....Old School.

CAT 12104 THE TIP OF SOUR DIESEL.jpg

CAT 12105 CLOSEUP OF WEED HARVEST.jpg

SOUR DIESEL .jpg

They pretty. Sure.
All those kinds of girls are pretty.
And they look nice and healthy ... white pistols.
Leaves all green, not burned on the edges.
Very good job.

They look to me to be about two weeks out.
Do you have a scope that you can see trichome color?
That's what I always go by.

It's hard to tell with your pix but the top one looks 90% clear, and some cloudy.
Don't succumb to an anticipation-early-harvest.
I've done it ... talked myself into an early harvest.
Be patient.
It IS possible to over ripen ... but ... not likely.

Corn is a great companion crop.

You can have 9000 delivered to you door for 42 dollars . When you buy at a store, you will get dead bugs.
Great info about the corn and ladybugs.
Only problem with the ladybugs is when you turn a few hundred loose on the plants, they fly away when all the bugs are eaten. Perhaps if a professional grower had the bugs, they may hang around longer, but a small time farmer such as I, who grows perhaps 10 - 15 plants, the bugs hang around for a few days and then disappeared when there are no bad bugs left, looking elsewhere for their food. A week later the bad bugs reappear but the ladybugs are gone forever.
Anyway, spark up.

I have ladybugs year round in my grow room. They thrive when I have pest, so most starve to death or fly out the door. They reappear regularly. These are the non native ladybugs, imported to Georgia years ago, to fight aphids on peach trees. They have spread across the south and are considered a nuisance pest by many! They fill my windows from multiple hatchings throughout the year! They have not helped with Whiteflies or Thrips. I do have far less(rare now) aphid problems in my outdoor ornamentals and fruit trees.

Good to see fellow old stoners using this thread... It's been a few months :hookah:

Harvest August 2021
flower_0886.JPG

add another old fart to the prospect list.
63 yrs spinning thru the cosmos on the blue marble.
got my cultivators permit and im growing my own medicine, soon as i get the area cleared for the tents,
and some electrical work finished.

i purchased 2 tents GGT 4x4, GGT 5x5 and lights HLG 600bspec, (veg) and a 600rspec (flower)

now that i'm starting to recover from the sticker shock, I need to purchase fans.

I am leaning heavily towards 2 ac infinity T6s. pulling exhaust out thru a carbon filter in each tent

any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

apologies if should i have posted this somewhere else

add another old fart to the prospect list.
63 yrs spinning thru the cosmos on the blue marble.
got my cultivators permit and im growing my own medicine, soon as i get the area cleared for the tents,
and some electrical work finished.

i purchased 2 tents GGT 4x4, GGT 5x5 and lights HLG 600bspec, (veg) and a 600rspec (flower)

now that i'm starting to recover from the sticker shock, I need to purchase fans.

I am leaning heavily towards 2 ac infinity T6s. pulling exhaust out thru a carbon filter in each tent

any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

apologies if should i have posted this somewhere else
Congratulations on your new set up! I have 3 HLG fixtures, can’t go wrong with HLG! I also have a 8” AC Infinity with controller and 8” carbon filter to vent my space . Great set up!
I grow in Living organic soil with great success. What medium will you be growing in?

Happy Growing!
:hookah:

I think in my 35Plus years growing I think I've tried every Soil Medium available. Went with FOX Farm about 5 Years ago and sticking with it. I grow nothing But Sour D. My People haven't ever complained And, Thats what they want.I use 25 Gal Felt Pots . Epson salt .... General Hydro grow and Bloom and "ALWAYS" 6.1 PH. And, as soon as I see Blooming I add, gro Power Nitro.
GREAT PICS VEGAN+++++++++++ I Like Gooey!!!!. LOL

Have been using Fox Farm Ocean Forest -- and this next grow will be with Happy Frog -- firing up my new TSL Horti - Tech ROl E720 led ... Will be trying Northern Berry autos in 5gal fabric pots for first maiden run of the new lite..

Happy Grow
MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom