The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Dang Charlie, THANKS! I am on it.
I am very curious why sometimes the leaves are pointing to the sky? Is this simply the extra heat?
The leaves point to the sky because they are happy and they like you! Plus, higher tent temps with LEDs warm them and they respond with exceptional growth (and hopefully killa buds).

Once every grow. DO NOT use soil again. Buy new every year. you see a 25 Gal Clump of soil. It cannot be reused. It's not that expensive. soil is "KING" Tap water PH at 6.1 is #2. Nutes is #3 magnesium is #4 first 2 Months and sensible Pruning is Very smart Move. It's a weed guys...... It really is.

So many different growing environments. The experts have all their conditions set a certain way and, for their set-up it was determined by etherial clouds that every three minutes was a good amount of air to reduce mold risks. This has nothing to do with CO2 concentration, unless you play that CO2 game. Plants respire, tents have holes. It is impossible for us home growers restrict CO2 to the point of harming a plant. Adding extra CO2 isn't going to help enough to matter without a better sealed greenhouse system.
Fresh air is unavoidable. Is it even possible to maintain a CO2 level below 150ppm? How much more will we get if it is very high? Not a fan of this CO2 story. I'm not buying it. Keep your air moving. No one ever has mold in a windy area.
Plant death is 150 PPM. Every added PPM over current PPM is good news.

The leaves point to the sky because they are happy and they like you! Plus, higher tent temps with LEDs warm them and they respond with exceptional growth (and hopefully killa buds).
You say they respond. I let the temperature climb. I didn't quite get to 85, I had been at 70-75. They looked good before. NOW, snap! They look wicked good. ### Thank You! ###

You say they respond. I let the temperature climb. I didn't quite get to 85, I had been at 70-75. They looked good before. NOW, snap! They look wicked good. ### Thank You! ###
You are most welcome. You can also look at the cannabis strain-type and the history of other growers with that strain too so that you can adjust environmental conditions that favor that strain. If you read about the strain genetics you may see phrases that indicate what the cannabis strain likes as far as environmental conditions (ex: like "hot & dry" conditions, or, likes "moist and hot" conditions, or, likes "15 deg F lower nighttime temperature than daytime temp", etc.). I run my tents 79- 86 deg F with the lights on - for veg, 82-86, for flower 79-84 deg F. Nighttime temps usually 67-68 deg F. Happy grows!

I'm with Old Guy well because I'm also an old guy --- it's a weed -- give it the basics and nature takes care of itself. We all know that there are certain twists and turns we can take to "enhance" or "improve" our plants and that's part of the experience of this hobby that we all enjoy. Whatever makes ya happy do it.

But temp is a constant - this is not a cold weather plant -- cold weather (temps) tells it it's time to go to sleep and produce seeds or our favorite - resinous glands.. 85 is max -- and introduce the cool temps at "nite" time to simulate fall .. But again this my process -- maybe not everyone else's..

I see the point with the CO2 not being in a contained environment -- but I have seen the difference -- so I will try it this first time with my autos..

Happy Grow

MotaMan

Wow, there sure is Lot of folks here that wanna Make this a 100 Times harder and more expensive than it really is. I grow 10/12 ft Plants every year from clones winding up with 7/10 Pounds of Bud for years and years. it couldn't be easier. Hell. I have More trouble with My tomatoes and Roses than with weed..........So can you. Really. a Few simple Nutes, a bag Of magnesium, a GOOD Ph Meter [100$} . Good /Cheap 20/25 Gal Minimum felt Pots and some sun. At least 3/4 gallons Of 6.1/6.2 water twice a week from early march to Late Oct. and a Very select few Varieties to choose from. I "ALWAYS" go with Sour diesel for at least the Last 10 Years. NEVER.......EVER A PROBLEM. And for sure 2/3 Pair Of good Fisker Clippers soaking in Alcohal Thats about it guys. simple as it gets.

Wow, there sure is Lot of folks here that wanna Make this a 100 Times harder and more expensive than it really is. I grow 10/12 ft Plants every year from clones winding up with 7/10 Pounds of Bud for years and years. it couldn't be easier. Hell. I have More trouble with My tomatoes and Roses than with weed..........So can you. Really. a Few simple Nutes, a bag Of magnesium, a GOOD Ph Meter [100$} . Good /Cheap 20/25 Gal Minimum felt Pots and some sun. At least 3/4 gallons Of 6.1/6.2 water twice a week from early march to Late Oct. and a Very select few Varieties to choose from. I "ALWAYS" go with Sour diesel for at least the Last 10 Years. NEVER.......EVER A PROBLEM. And for sure 2/3 Pair Of good Fisker Clippers soaking in Alcohal Thats about it guys. simple as it gets.
Ahhh...the joys of an outdoor grow! Not everyone has the space, living environment or legal recreational-use laws as some. Therefore, YES, some people spend a lot of time and money getting their indoor grow conditions optimal for growing cannabis (including privacy from nosey neighbors, house guests and passersby). It would be great to grow ten-foot plants but not everyone can. Some have to settle for 4-foot or 5-foot plants and reap increased yields anyway they can. Soooo - it is not that "simple" for some people as others.

Understand.......I just wanna Make it as easy as possible....My Bad.. maybe easier AND less costly to just find a good Pharmacy.?
No pharmacies in the UK.:( its still a mission to get a doctor to sign you up.. The only option for the wife's Medication is the street corner.:confused: You don't know where it's been, who's had their grubby hands on it or if its covered in pesticides.
So I'm pretty jealous of your situation. Unfortunately I've got to spend a small fortune, to try and create what you get for for free.. you are a lucky man:laugh:

Wow Paul. thats a HUGE Drag. sorry Brother.
Hey @Old Guy Teaches: Any outdoor tips that could transfer to inside grows easily? You are a wonderful and thoughtful grower and you do have ****loads of experience...any Sour Diesel secrets you want to unleash? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ahhh...the joys of an outdoor grow! Not everyone has the space, living environment or legal recreational-use laws as some. Therefore, YES, some people spend a lot of time and money getting their indoor grow conditions optimal for growing cannabis (including privacy from nosey neighbors, house guests and passersby). It would be great to grow ten-foot plants but not everyone can. Some have to settle for 4-foot or 5-foot plants and reap increased yields anyway they can. Soooo - it is not that "simple" for some people as others.
Every situation is different. Too hot or too cold. Too humid or too dry. Indoors vs. outdoors. Secret or not so secret. Legal or necessary. Organic or not. Soil or hydro.
Me: Cold, humid, indoors, secret, necessary, Not ORMI, soil. What kind of soil? Well, Fox Farm of course, Happy frog. I hear to kids say it like this, "You do you, I'm gonna do me". Your garden is not in my back yard. It's not in my garage either.
p.s. I put the power head for my extraction fan in the attic space with a duct leading to the ridge vent. Peace and quiet for me. Useless information for the Old Guy. Peace and tranquility for you.

Very Cool. I used to know a Long Lost friend , back in the day before legal who did just that. Amazing How things Have changed here. It seems Like theres a weed Pharmacy on every corner now as compared to me getting Busted in 1971 with One little Plant in My apt window. the fine was $2500.00

Damn, $2500 would buy a brand new car in 1970.
A $2,500 spanking - extreme even in that time.

Reminds me of when I was in my first year of college, 1974. The cops raided my apt because I had a full-sized 4-foot tall plastic 420 plant planted in a metal garbage can on the balcony deck facing the parking lot. They confiscated it - can you believe that - confiscated a plastic cannabis plant. Their "exigent" and potentially illegal search turned up no other elicit "goods" (besides a framed hand-sized actual 420 leaf under glass). I was neither cited nor arrested. The cops would not give me a receipt for the property taken, even though I asked.

I journal-ed the entire "Barney Fife" episode and got an "A" in Speech class for the work. Dang though...that plastic plant looked absolutely REAL. Friends used to come to the apt and have to touch it before they would believe it was only made of plastic. I was the "talk" of the apt complex - in a good way.

I later went down to the local magistrate and asked him if I could have my plastic plant back. He said "yeah, but you would have to sue the cops and the city". He said he was the only city judge in that small town and I had a right to get my plastic plant personal property back. He encouraged me to do it. I later decided not to sue because I was a big 420 user in those days and I did not want to make an enemy of the local cops by embarrassing them in court by publicizing the fact that in their jurisdiction the police could not discern the difference between plastic and real 420.

@Paul Squiggle
Sometimes it is best to shut-up and keep your head down rather than have your head lowered for you by the local "nightstick justice".

Ohhh...what a misspent youth! LMAO!!!

Back
Top Bottom