The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Hey how's it going 420 fam!

I have a question about my first grow.
Maybe sum of you out there can help me out a bit.
I've been doing sum reading on temp control for my grow tent. I am in the 3rd week of flower and pretty much just really wanted to get a specific temp range between day and night. Right now my temp day is at 80 and temp night is at 78 degrees. Is this a good temp to keep it at or should I drop temp night alittle?
Thanks fam.

I would add Co2 at those Temps or drop them about 5 degrees. Those are good Temps in range but you'll get more dense colorful nugs at 75day and 65 night.

Hi fellow over 50 ppl. I have a question as I am interested in taking the plunge into growing my own with your guidance. Can anyone here provide me with a reputable source to obtain seeds?

Hi fellow over 50 ppl. I have a question as I am interested in taking the plunge into growing my own with your guidance. Can anyone here provide me with a reputable source to obtain seeds?

Any of our sponsors. All great companies to buy from.

What Rifleman said,

I've bought from 3 different 420Magazine seed sponsors, all legit, and without sponsors we wouldn't have this resource!

Peace
Keith

Good evening all, I come to you specifically seeking some advice!

New to growing however not new to smoking, been smoking 25 years now, smoked some great classics and lots of strains, now I'd like to grow some of them that have interested me. The goal is to start building up seeds just so I can pick and choose what I wanna grow whenever, so I've made a list and tried to hunt down the original breeders.

Sometimes a lot of info gets lost in the mix, so it's possible I have the wrong breeder listed. If you know the proper breeder, please correct me, also if you know of any classics or just strains that YOU feel is a must have to grow at least once, please let me know of it :)

Anyways here's the list, I have it down to 23 strains that interest me.

Next Gen Seeds - Romulan, Romulan haze, Romulan diesel, island sweet skunk

Ace seeds - Malawi

Apothicary Genetics - Grape Ape(orig GDP?)

BC Bud Depot - Girl Scout Cookies(orig?), The Purps

Brothers Grimm - C99

GrabDaddy Purple - GDP(orig?)

Humboldt Seeds - chemdawg(orig?), pineapple skunk

Mr. Nice Seeds - Super Silver Haze, G13 Haze

Pyramid - Tutanchamon

Rare Dankness - Ghost Train Haze(orig?), White Widow

Sensi Seeds - Arghani #1

Serious seeds - Skunk #1, AK47

Soma Seeds - amnesia haze, NYC Diesel

Connoisseur Genetics - Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

Good evening all, I come to you specifically seeking some advice!

New to growing however not new to smoking, been smoking 25 years now, smoked some great classics and lots of strains, now I'd like to grow some of them that have interested me. The goal is to start building up seeds just so I can pick and choose what I wanna grow whenever, so I've made a list and tried to hunt down the original breeders.

Sometimes a lot of info gets lost in the mix, so it's possible I have the wrong breeder listed. If you know the proper breeder, please correct me, also if you know of any classics or just strains that YOU feel is a must have to grow at least once, please let me know of it :)

Anyways here's the list, I have it down to 23 strains that interest me.

Next Gen Seeds - Romulan, Romulan haze, Romulan diesel, island sweet skunk

Romulan always excellent choice. Pisces has good Rom crosses.....anything Pisces is excellent

Ace seeds - Malawi

Apothicary Genetics - Grape Ape(orig GDP?)

BC Bud Depot - Girl Scout Cookies(orig?), The Purps

Not the best breeder for cookies or purp. Look at CSI Humboldt for orig. Mendo Purple or Purple Urkle, smaller breeders working with modern exotics are best cookie sources e.g. Archive, IHG, Seed Junky

Brothers Grimm - C99

Great choice

GrabDaddy Purple - GDP(orig?)

Humboldt Seeds - chemdawg(orig?), pineapple skunk

HSO version is mostly Chem 4 but decent. Look at Chem 91 for orig. Cali Connection, South Fork, CSI, Top Dawg have good Chem lines

Mr. Nice Seeds - Super Silver Haze, G13 Haze

All Mr. N excellent, Black Widow is orig widow as see it listed below

Pyramid - Tutanchamon

Rare Dankness - Ghost Train Haze(orig?), White Widow

Sensi Seeds - Arghani #1

Serious seeds - Skunk #1, AK47

Best AK, original.

Soma Seeds - amnesia haze, NYC Diesel

Connoisseur Genetics - Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

SSSDH is fantastic

Nice list GoP. A few comments on your choices embedded above. Seed collecting goes hand in hand with growing. Good luck. :Namaste:

Nice list GoP. A few comments on your choices embedded above. Seed collecting goes hand in hand with growing. Good luck. :Namaste:

So been looking into Pisces a bit, and alas! They too have a Romulan Haze, only it was bred differently! So which did I smoke? Who knows, dispensaries up here are so unregulated it'd be impossible to find out.

Pisces Rom Haze - (NL#5/Haze x Sour Diesel) x Grape Romulan
Next Gen Rom Haze - SSH X Romulan

If I could find a SB that sells the Pisces one, I'd love to grow both side by side and compare, see which one it is I've smoked :)

So been looking into Pisces a bit, and alas! They too have a Romulan Haze, only it was bred differently! So which did I smoke? Who knows, dispensaries up here are so unregulated it'd be impossible to find out.

Pisces Rom Haze - (NL#5/Haze x Sour Diesel) x Grape Romulan
Next Gen Rom Haze - SSH X Romulan

If I could find a SB that sells the Pisces one, I'd love to grow both side by side and compare, see which one it is I've smoked :)

Hard to depend on what any dispensary labels a strain. Could be anything.

Don't think Pisces has worked w/ Romulan for a few yrs. so mostly older strains. His Romulan Dawg (Rom x Chem D) is still available at THC Farmer Seed Store. He did a few Space Queen crosses like Columbian Queen.....SQ is half Romulan. A new Romulan "hot" strain is IHG's Lemon & Lime Punch, which is Purple Punch x Schrom (Romulan x Columbian). If you like Romulan maybe look at Sensi Star....another indica w/ sativa effect. SS always in my stash. :Namaste:

Hi folks. I'm not Mohammed, but I have come to the mountain.

a) can you tell me what this is?

b) was I right to cut the worst of them out?

c) what should I be doing here on out?

I'm growing indoors in a tent. I've got some issues with black flies. I've been foliar feeding. I gave them a pretty good spray with some mild pesticide (underneath and on top) the day after I switched to flower, so the lights were very bright. There is no evidence of larva underneath the leaves. I'm pretty sure the little bastards are hatching in the holes of my air pots.

IMG_77586.JPG

This is my journal for context.

Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

Thank you for looking. :thanks:

Well my brother budders, the time has come for the ultimate question... To chop or not to chop? and I'm asking for you opinion. I've flushed twice over the last two weeks and my trich's are about 80% cloudy with a few random ambers and I prefer a bit more head than body stone to keep my energy up. Our first killing frost is due here at the lake any day now and my grow area is in an unheated area. The popcorn buds that I've tried are GREAT and although I'd rather harvest at the peak of perfection, mother nature has a tendency to surprise us all. Here's some pics.

PA277475.JPG

PA277459.JPG

PA197398.JPG

Hi folks. I'm not Mohammed, but I have come to the mountain.

a) can you tell me what this is?

b) was I right to cut the worst of them out?

c) what should I be doing here on out?

I'm growing indoors in a tent. I've got some issues with black flies. I've been foliar feeding. I gave them a pretty good spray with some mild pesticide (underneath and on top) the day after I switched to flower, so the lights were very bright. There is no evidence of larva underneath the leaves. I'm pretty sure the little bastards are hatching in the holes of my air pots.

IMG_77586.JPG

This is my journal for context.

Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

Thank you for looking. :thanks:

Hey Calvados, from that kind of leaf damage it looks like you might have a little problem with thrips. The little bastards are really hard to see without magnification. I use this, hope it helps.

HOMEMADE INSECTICIDAL SOAP SPRAY RECIPE
The simplest insecticidal soap is nothing more than a 2% soap solution. To make this at home, you will need:

• Sprayer: Any clean spray bottle or garden sprayer will work fine for spraying insecticidal soap. Make sure the sprayer or bottle hasn't been used for herbicides.

• 2 Tbsp Pure Soap: Use a pure liquid soap, such as Castile, or all-natural soap. The active ingredient in insecticidal soap comes from the fatty acids in animal fat or vegetable oil, so it's important to use the real thing.
  • 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil: To help the solution stick a little longer, add two tablespoons of light cooking oil (such as corn, canola, olive, or safflower) per gallon of water to the mix.

• 1 Gal. Ph'd Water: Tap water is fine for making insecticidal soap. If you have hard water, you may want to use bottled water to prevent soap scum from building up on your plants.
  • Mixed Solution: Once mixed spray BOTH sides of the leaves, repeat every other day for a week to span the life cycle of the insect. Once you're absolutely sure that they're gone, spray with plain Ph'd water a few times to rinse off the soap.
Varients

• Diluted Solution:
If the spray causes damage or burns your plant foliage, cut the amount of soap in half and try a 1% solution. This is the concentration usually found in commercial sprays. The lighter solution might be less effective but is gentler on plants.
Vinegar: To make a spray that also targets powdery mildew, add a teaspoon of cider vinegar per gallon of water to the mix.
Garlic or Pepper: To help repel chewing insects, add a teaspoon of hot sauce and/or garlic per gallon of water to the mix.

Hello again. I have a 4x4 tent. At the risk of being censored by mentioning brands I have 2 Mars Hydro II 900s, 1 300W LED, and 1 Viparspectra Reflector 450. I'm currently using 1 Mars Hydro and the 300W LED. My 3 plants are a few weeks into flower. One is a good half foot taller and I've put the P300 on top of that and the Mars Hydro covering the other 2. Older pic below. Not much room to the sides of my tent where the two plants are and bud sites are fairly evenly spread across.

I am very happy with how things are going, so obviously I can't leave it alone. The Mars 900 should cover about 80% of the tent for flower, but that doesn't fit well with the variable heights. I want to space them out as much as I can to get as wide a canopy as I can. Would I actually hurt my plants if I used both Mars lamps at the recommended height? Am I better off elevating the two to equalize with the taller? Just leave it? Something else.

Hello again. I have a 4x4 tent. At the risk of being censored by mentioning brands I have 2 Mars Hydro II 900s, 1 PlatinumLED P300, and 1 Viparspectra Reflector 450. I'm currently using 1 Mars Hydro and the P300. My 3 plants are a few weeks into flower. One is a good half foot taller and I've put the P300 on top of that and the Mars Hydro covering the other 2. Older pic below. Not much room to the sides of my tent where the two plants are and bud sites are fairly evenly spread across.

I am very happy with how things are going, so obviously I can't leave it alone. The Mars 900 should cover about 80% of the tent for flower, but that doesn't fit well with the variable heights. I want to space them out as much as I can to get as wide a canopy as I can. Would I actually hurt my plants if I used both Mars lamps at the recommended height? Am I better off elevating the two to equalize with the taller? Just leave it? Something else.

Hi Calvados, you could try rearranging your plants and leave the Mars Lamp over the tallest, hang the P300 at an angle to even out the light levels (it doesn't have to be flat, I've even seen similar banks of LED's hung like a teepee.

Hi, I could use some insight. My seedling are 3 1/2 weeks old and started showing some deficiency. I fed them about 40 hours ago and don't see much change. Will the leaves return to normal or will they remain like this with healthy new growth. Also since it was so weak should I feed again or water next? Thanks!
Ps the spots are light burn. Already fixed that.
420-magazine-mobile346842338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile875962469.jpg

Hiya folks. I have a question for you all. I have an outbreak of fungus gnats. I'm using
sticky traps, but I also wanted to use hydrogen peroxide, which I read would kill the larvae.
However: when I transplanted I used mycorrizal fungi. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill the
micorrhizal fungi?. Thanks, Rolypoly.

Hiya folks. I have a question for you all. I have an outbreak of fungus gnats. I'm using
sticky traps, but I also wanted to use hydrogen peroxide, which I read would kill the larvae.
However: when I transplanted I used mycorrizal fungi. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill the
micorrhizal fungi?. Thanks, Rolypoly.

Waited to see if anyone else would reply first since I only have limited knowledge.......but here's something I've learned....I see maybe 1 fungus gnat every week or so, so I don't really stress over it.....I learned from someone to get a fan under there, have it so it's forcing air between the underneath part of the canopy and is also hitting the top of the soil in your pots.....I'm able to accomplish this with only 1 6" clip on fan...like I say I see maybe 1 every week or so, never see any sign of a problem though

Back
Top Bottom