The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Oh, it's not so bad. Kind of cool seeing it all work. Something completely unexpected happened after I watered with my homemade Calmag/phosphate with amino acids (egg whites). Eggshells; rinsed, heat sterilized, pulverized, and treated with 5% acetic acid (vinegar). Harley Smith of NPK Industries RAW says adding amino acids with Calcium greatly increases uptake of water and then everything else or something like that.
After I feed my witches brew the plants were nearly dry the next morning and the humidity in the tent was up from 38 to 50 RH. I watered again about noon and the RH went up to 60%. This is pretty strong evidence that my experiment was a success. Visually I think the flowers got bigger, maybe wishful thinking. Numbers tell the tale. Water uptake increased in a dramatic fashion. Will it continue?
I should check the chemistry on this to be certain, as a bonus, by using this method I am actually adding phosphorous at the same time as the calcium. Acetic acid reacts with the egg shells making a proper pH solution of Calcium acetate, magnesium and phosphorous.
I say it again, do not do this at home unless you are courageous enough to fail miserably.
I am going old school here. What did my grandmother have on the farm that she would have used? Not much went into a compost pile. A lot simply went straight onto certain areas of the garden.
Not that old, still learning.

Here's my Durban Poison, flip+45. That was last week...her buds are swelling more now...today pistols are about 75% gold. Interesting, someone in a forum said that some strong sativas don't have many trichome covered leaves. This plant seems to display that trait. Leaves on the same-aged SDiesel next to it are coated with trichomes. The SD is more of a hybrid, I think. Looks like I may hit my goal of a couple ounces dried and cured from each plant. No amber trichomes yet, so a couple weeks to go...
IMG_0342.jpeg
IMG_0337.jpeg

Beautiful Bro..... my harvest a month ago was 7 lbs 4 Oz outdoor. 6- 25 gal Felt Pots as per Law where I am. Fox Farm,Ocean Forest,Gen Hydro grow and Gen Hydro Bloom, 1 TBS magnesium per gallon Of Phd water to 6.1/.2 at every watering . I use 8 Gal Plastic Pot to mix in. 3-10ft metal stakes per Plant and 7ft netting thats starts at 4 ft. I start with 6 inch clones which is Normal. once a Month I feed "As a Treat" some "superthrive" which has been around for many....many decades. I have 6 Pardners we all grow the same "Sour Diesel" Harvest time We all do a major flush, All pardners do the exact same thing.
Drying and curing takes about a week in a 2 Car garage.
Trimming , Takes about a day with all of us and we rotate to each others place as we do a slight trim at harvest also.

neighbors???. yes. They are taken Care of. I even Have One that grew this year. he had 2 Plants and did quite well ....with me.... the Old Man next door LOL.....................He's Hooked...............LOL I've had the same group for a LOT of years and the same customers . Sour D is a very Clean Energetic, Smart High and with all the shake. we make hash Pucks about 1" x 1" in a metal compression toy from a hobby store and a hair dryer. I made a #40 very Fine metal screen attached to a 2 x 2 wood frame to run the shake through. makes a powder and heats well to melt. Kinda like Old fashioned Hash . Very smooth clean High. Be well.
Later. We....Meaning My Very Old friends enjoy diesel. we Know there are varieties that are major strong.....Just not for us and friends. Been there and done that.

2 weeks mar 28  2021.jpg

CAT 11737 A MARIJUANA DRYING SCREEN.jpg

half way 2021.jpg

DRYING IN 2021.jpg

CAT 12105 FRESH CUT AND DRIED WEED.jpg

Hello everybody! It's been awhile, but I'm here to report on the successful outcome of my last grow. I introduced my grow on Oct 28 here in this forum. I updated it on Dec 1. For detail, you can checkout those posts.

I grew 3 plants...Sour Diesel, Durban Poison, and Whitewidow. All were listed on the seed website as 55-65 days of flower. I time my plants from the day I flip the lighting to 12/12. The grow was pretty uneventful and I avoided pests and nutrient problems. By the time I got over 50 days, I saw I was going to get a very nice crop by my standards. At 53 days, I cut, dried, and smoked part of a bud from the SD. No amber, 10% white pistols. Just a mild hint of activity. At 56 days, I sampled the D.Poison. A little better, but not ready. About 60 days I sampled the SD and it was almost ready....very pleasant buzz. I watched the trichomes and took it at 63 days when I saw about 2-3% dark amber and 5-10% very light amber (starting to turn). The high was superb!! A very similar story with the Durban Poison. I checked pistols, trichomes, and sample smoked it. Chopped at 65 days. The Whitewidow, similarly, was chopped at 63 days.

Personal observation about trichomes. I always had a bit of trouble checking trichomes while the buds were still on the plant. I never thought I got a good enough view of what was happening. I have learned...now, when I sample a bud, I hold it and try to see down between the calyxes and tiny leaves. The amber trichomes sometimes seem to hide in the deep crevices of the bud. I don't worry about damaging trichomes when I examine it like this. With my Durban Poison, I looked casually for trichomes and only saw a few ambers. A much more careful examination showed many many partially amber trichomes deep in the folds of the bud. For those of you new to growing, look carefully for trichomes, but always dry and smoke part of a bud for the real indication of finish. After all, we're growing em to smoke anyways!

Each plant yielded over 4 oz. dried and cured! It's the best grow I've had. All the sampling I did consumed only about 3-4 grams. Super happy with this! All three produce a wonderful buzz. Interesting thing about the Durban Poison....the buzz seems to last for 3-4 hours, much longer than I've experienced. So I'm sitting pretty here with more ganja than I've ever had at one time.

I'm posting some photos below....feel welcome to shoot me any questions you have.

IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0365.jpeg

Durban Poison

IMG_0378.jpeg

Thank you! I've been growing for eight years....a little better each grow. This was my best. I'm set for awhile.
So are you going to start another grow or just wait awhile?

So are you going to start another grow or just wait awhile?

I'm gonna relax for the next year. I'll probably get bored the end of summer and maybe start another grow. I have 12 ounces that I've divided up and sealed in airtight pouches with anti-oxidant packets. I'll refrigerate them and expect the stuff to last me for quite some time. I give some quarters to relatives and a couple friends. I use a Pax3 vape device instead of smoking a pipe or joint. Vaping it is easier on my lungs than smoking it. I use more weed in the vape than I would if smoked.

I'm gonna relax for the next year. I'll probably get bored the end of summer and maybe start another grow. I have 12 ounces that I've divided up and sealed in airtight pouches with anti-oxidant packets. I'll refrigerate them and expect the stuff to last me for quite some time. I give some quarters to relatives and a couple friends. I use a Pax3 vape device instead of smoking a pipe or joint. Vaping it is easier on my lungs than smoking it. I use more weed in the vape than I would if smoked.
12 ounces...panic button is a 3 ounces I guess?

Hello everybody! It's been awhile, but I'm here to report on the successful outcome of my last grow. I introduced my grow on Oct 28 here in this forum. I updated it on Dec 1. For detail, you can checkout those posts.

I grew 3 plants...Sour Diesel, Durban Poison, and Whitewidow. All were listed on the seed website as 55-65 days of flower. I time my plants from the day I flip the lighting to 12/12. The grow was pretty uneventful and I avoided pests and nutrient problems. By the time I got over 50 days, I saw I was going to get a very nice crop by my standards. At 53 days, I cut, dried, and smoked part of a bud from the SD. No amber, 10% white pistols. Just a mild hint of activity. At 56 days, I sampled the D.Poison. A little better, but not ready. About 60 days I sampled the SD and it was almost ready....very pleasant buzz. I watched the trichomes and took it at 63 days when I saw about 2-3% dark amber and 5-10% very light amber (starting to turn). The high was superb!! A very similar story with the Durban Poison. I checked pistols, trichomes, and sample smoked it. Chopped at 65 days. The Whitewidow, similarly, was chopped at 63 days.

Personal observation about trichomes. I always had a bit of trouble checking trichomes while the buds were still on the plant. I never thought I got a good enough view of what was happening. I have learned...now, when I sample a bud, I hold it and try to see down between the calyxes and tiny leaves. The amber trichomes sometimes seem to hide in the deep crevices of the bud. I don't worry about damaging trichomes when I examine it like this. With my Durban Poison, I looked casually for trichomes and only saw a few ambers. A much more careful examination showed many many partially amber trichomes deep in the folds of the bud. For those of you new to growing, look carefully for trichomes, but always dry and smoke part of a bud for the real indication of finish. After all, we're growing em to smoke anyways!

Each plant yielded over 4 oz. dried and cured! It's the best grow I've had. All the sampling I did consumed only about 3-4 grams. Super happy with this! All three produce a wonderful buzz. Interesting thing about the Durban Poison....the buzz seems to last for 3-4 hours, much longer than I've experienced. So I'm sitting pretty here with more ganja than I've ever had at one time.

I'm posting some photos below....feel welcome to shoot me any questions you have.

IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0365.jpeg

Durban Poison

IMG_0378.jpeg
About 8-10 stems per plant is about average?

About 8-10 stems per plant is about average?
That is about what I work for with my plants. I only have a 3x4 space with 40" of height available. I top after the 5th or 6th lateral branch. I trim off side shoots that are never going to get enough light. To keep the plant from getting too tall, I flip around the 5th or 6th week. 3 plants in my grow room is about the max, so I can't let them spread out too far.

Okay…I’ve dipped my toe into making edibles. With some success. I added some decarbed weed to melted chocolate, and poured it into a 10 place mould. Each piece has about 0.3 g cannabis. Not sure of exact dosage yet, but I’ve determined that two pieces puts me in an alternate reality for 3 hours. The chocolate just masks the taste of the cannabis a little bit. These are not gourmet chocolate delites! But one or two chews and a quick swallow and all is well. And I can’t beat the price. My ultimate goal here is to give my lungs a break…so waking up and having a chocolate with my coffee sounds nice.

I also made a cup of canna butter but haven’t done anything yet.

Does anyone have any experience putting decarbed weed into gelatin capsules and just eating them??

Okay…I’ve dipped my toe into making edibles. With some success. I added some decarbed weed to melted chocolate, and poured it into a 10 place mould. Each piece has about 0.3 g cannabis. Not sure of exact dosage yet, but I’ve determined that two pieces puts me in an alternate reality for 3 hours. The chocolate just masks the taste of the cannabis a little bit. These are not gourmet chocolate delites! But one or two chews and a quick swallow and all is well. And I can’t beat the price. My ultimate goal here is to give my lungs a break…so waking up and having a chocolate with my coffee sounds nice.

I also made a cup of canna butter but haven’t done anything yet.

Does anyone have any experience putting decarbed weed into gelatin capsules and just eating them??
Yep. Works great. Grind the pot very fine. I use both the "00" and "000". The taste tends to migrate through the gel, in a day or so you can taste it. I don't mind the taste although my wife is ultra sensitive. I make each pill as needed.

Four Auto’s I have going right now, Fastbuds C4, Fastbuds strawberry pie, Tastebudz Critical Banana smoothie, Tastebudz Orange cookies. 39 days from sprout, 20 gallon fabric pots, LOS, 18 hours of light per day since sprout. The bottom pic with the black & white buds is the C4.

9CF17EEA-49FF-4404-B89B-3669EFB2C46A.jpeg

CFAC2D2E-5B60-4206-93E9-E1D438D90C59.jpeg

Four Auto’s I have going right now, Fastbuds C4, Fastbuds strawberry pie, Tastebudz Critical Banana smoothie, Tastebudz Orange cookies. 39 days from sprout, 20 gallon fabric pots, LOS, 18 hours of light per day since sprout. The bottom pic with the black & white buds is the C4.

9CF17EEA-49FF-4404-B89B-3669EFB2C46A.jpeg

CFAC2D2E-5B60-4206-93E9-E1D438D90C59.jpeg

For autos, do you run 18/6 lighting continuously through the whole grow?

For autos, do you run 18/6 lighting continuously through the whole grow?
Yes, from seed to harvest. Some growers do 20/4 and some do 24 hours light and no dark.

Back
Top Bottom