The Munki's Playground

Can you have too much DO in an E&F setup? I don't think there's a practical limit in DWC. Supersaturation helps defend against harmful root-zone issues and appears to help (along with allowing the plants to transpire large amounts of water0 in high-temperature climates.

No but wasting electricity on an aeration setup is a consideration. I use the secondary pump to keep the nutrients moving around so they don't settle out of solution.

No prob, Xlr8. There is an upper limit to how much Oxygen will dissolve in a given amount of water at a given temperature, so there is a diminishing return versus effort put forth. This chart may help. The left or Y axis is in grams per liter.

DO_vs_temp.png

Ignore the minimum acceptable line as this image was grabbed from a website concerning ponds. Also, we must consider that the more salts like nutrients dissolved will further depress the amount of gasses like oxygen that the water can absorb. Thinking of water like a sponge can help here.

Fortunately with ebb n flow, it is less important as the roots spend a great deal of time exposed to the atmosphere directly with fresh air being brought down to the root zone after each flood cycle when the water recedes.

Really good info, Munki. I am excited to try ebb n flow, and I'm thinking based on what you just shared I'm probably good with an airstone or two in the reservoir. I appreciate you taking the time to share that! :thanks:

Really good info, Munki. I am excited to try ebb n flow, and I'm thinking based on what you just shared I'm probably good with an airstone or two in the reservoir. I appreciate you taking the time to share that! :thanks:

No prob. I find it just has less parts, so less things that can go wrong. If the controller bucket is reliable, it is a no hassle way to go. :goodluck:

congrats on the score on the supplies!

Great job Munki!! Just read your whole journal, you are very resilient at handling some pesky problems. +rep :bravo:

I believe you seeing the likes you sent. Didn't see the rep, but appreciate the sentiment! :welcome: to the 420 community GT!

I believe you seeing the likes you sent. Didn't see the rep, but appreciate the sentiment! :welcome: to the 420 community GT!

Think I was maxxed out and just clicked through the message!! LOL:bong:
And the welcome is greatly appreciated Munki my friend!:Namaste:

Sup Monkey. Nice harvest. The buds look yummy.
Its 432 watts of light and 52 grams of bud? The gram per watt ratio .12?
The plants looked healthy and the resin sparkle like lil diamonds.
I hope you do another led grow. I have never done led before.

As you pointed out earlier in the grow, low temps during a critical early flower period most likely stunted the flower development. All other aspects came through great. It was actually kind of good as PM could have been much more of an issue with larger nugs.

I will do LED grows in the future. Planning on doing a ScrOG grow with the light on a mover. I feel this would be the best use of the light. Won't get around to it until next year though. Putting the indoor space on hiatus to be used for other purposes. I do plan on planting a Dinafem RoadRunner Autoflower seed I got a while back. Figured I could get it started mid June with it finishing mid to late August. Weather has been cool still around these parts, so I decided to wait a couple weeks instead of starting now.

Thanks for checking in Mr. Smith! Your guidance is very much appreciated around here. :adore:

I don't think leds mix well with clones. Clones are great but are nothing compared to a plant from seed. That alone would double or triple your yeild. Your cold temps were not severe but was low enough to slow growth. These plants enjoy the same temp we enjoy. You do well with the ebb, I read the whole journal. I hope to see another grow.

Munki, I was thinking more along the lines of filling them too full, because of the larger volume the weight would be more and might develop problems in the bottom of the jar. thanks for clearing that up for me so distinctly, bro. have a good one.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I will do LED grows in the future. Planning on doing a ScrOG grow with the light on a mover. I feel this would be the best use of the light.

:thumb:

I don't think leds mix well with clones. Clones are great but are nothing compared to a plant from seed. That alone would double or triple your yeild. Your cold temps were not severe but was low enough to slow growth. These plants enjoy the same temp we enjoy. You do well with the ebb, I read the whole journal. I hope to see another grow.

Hmmm, interesting comment. The previous grow was from seed but I vegged them longer and ended up running HPS in with the LEDs so it is kind of hard to compare. Got a much larger crop with the Ogre putting out quite a harvest.

I will be dropping a seed into some water probably tomorrow for a bit of outdoor action. Should I veg it a bit indoors or just grow outside from the start? I was just going to go "al naturale" with the little one getting kissed by the sun from day one. Should I get some plastic to loosely cover the pot in the early days to help prevent a bug or bird eating the seedling?

Munki, I was thinking more along the lines of filling them too full, because of the larger volume the weight would be more and might develop problems in the bottom of the jar. thanks for clearing that up for me so distinctly, bro. have a good one.

Heh, no problem lbez. I'm not much of an expert in the curing and storage area, but I did get my first crop to survive well past one year.

Back
Top Bottom