The 'Nads Of None

Master Of None

Hello 420 folks. This grow started with one seed in a bag a friend had given me. I took the seed out and put it on my desk. After looking at it for several days, I thought, why not? I put the seed in a cup of old potting soil that had been on the back porch for about 10 years, watered it, and put it in a window. 2 or 3 days later...
first (Medium).jpg

After a little over a week of watching it grow, I suddenly realized that I had no knowledge of how to grow cannabis... none at all! Zero! Nothing! So, I watched a few videos and read a few articles on various web sites and tried to learn all I could. I bought a 2' x 4' x 5' tent, an LED light that drew about 90 watts from the wall, and an exhaust fan with a charcoal filter.
20180612_223234 (Medium).jpg

Since my light wasn't very good, I would take it outside during the mornings to give it some good sun. Then bring it back in when the temp would start getting too hot.
20180625_100413 (Medium).jpg

Around the time of that last picture is when I joined 420magazine.com. And within a day or two, I flipped the lights to 12/12. Was planning to start a grow log for the bloom cycle so I could get the help I desperately needed, but then about 3 or 4 days after flipping the lights...

20180623_195907 (Medium).jpg

Surprise! It's a boy! For some reason, I didn't take any pictures after that point, but I let him make pollen that I collected and saved.

A short while later, that same friend sent me some of her old bag seeds and I was able to get 3 of them to sprout. As they grew, a few clones were taken and I was able to get a 4th seedling started.
group1.jpg

20180721_115237 (Medium).jpg

clone roots 2 (Medium).jpg

Then the 3 biggest plants from seed were put under 12/12 light, and about a week later number 1 was finally showing sex...
20180807_200840 (Medium).jpg

Yep, another boy! Then number 3 showed sex... another boy. I already had 2 or 3 clones of each of the boys in soil and growing well. All in all, a very good learning experience. But then finally, number 3 showed sex and I got to see my first female cannabis plant in person.
20180817_110201 (Medium).jpg

Probably should have let her get a bit bigger.

Current plants as of now...
1 plant in bloom that lives in the tent (19 days since hairs).
2 clones of the plant in bloom (27 days in soil).
1 plant that is 5 weeks since sprout (unknown sex)
1 clone of the 5 week old that was put in soil this morning.
Also have 1 cutting from one of the female clones in the clone bucket.
Last but not least, I have a seedling that broke the surface yesterday morning, but has barely grown any since then. I'm concerned about her. More about her later.

I'm using Pro-tekt and Foliage-Pro.

20180825_172359 (Medium).jpg

20180825_172348 (Medium).jpg

Getting some really yellow leaves as a couple of days ago. I think I didn't give enough nutes the last few waterings. Suggestions would be great :)

Now I want to thank @Gary from The Vault for the seeds, t-shirt, and other stuff pictured below. The Vault was kind enough to put on a drawing and ended up choosing my name as a winner. I am very grateful and excited to have an opportunity to grow some quality fem seeds.

vault1.jpg

A couple of hours after receiving this package, I had to drop one of the seeds in some water.
20180817_154617.jpg

Yuuup! You're right on track with the journal. :welldone: Off to the races! I can definitely tell you've been poking around 420 mag if you're using the DynaGro! LoL

That has been the "hot shit" for nutes lately. I'm on the bandwagon too!

I'll tag along with your journey if ya don't mind...
:passitleft:

Yuuup! You're right on track with the journal. :welldone: Off to the races! I can definitely tell you've been poking around 420 mag if you're using the DynaGro! LoL

That has been the "hot shit" for nutes lately. I'm on the bandwagon too!

I'll tag along with your journey if ya don't mind...
:passitleft:
Thanks P9, glad to have you here.

Very cool, you got your free seeds, I have been thinking of ordering from Gary next time I need seed from time to time....just don't need at the moment.

Very nice plant, I like Ca/Mg weekly at 1ml per L of water and either a low N organic nute or botanicare bloom for a near perfect synthetic solution to feed your weed.

Glad to have your journal around!

Very cool, you got your free seeds, I have been thinking of ordering from Gary next time I need seed from time to time....just don't need at the moment.

Very nice plant, I like Ca/Mg weekly at 1ml per L of water and either a low N organic nute or botanicare bloom for a near perfect synthetic solution to feed your weed.

Glad to have your journal around!
Thank you nobody, I'm really glad to have your input. Gave her a shot of Cal/Mag this morning.

:yahoo::slide: Woo hoo! You started your journal! Yay! The appleberry Sumo seeds are alive!!!!
HaHa, thanks VG! The seed is alive, but it's still not looking very good. I can't really tell it grew any over the last 36 hours.

How about you getting those seeds from Cannapot? Please tell me the story on that... you must really be excited :thumb:

No real story. They were giving away 3 strains for doing a sponsored grow/ review. Just lucked out i guess.

I am super excited. I hope I do them justice. The description states it is good for beginner growers. Should be perfect for me.

soaked chopstick and remove seed shell head. Gently. Looks like part of a seed head on the left side of the photo. But I don't have my reading glasses.

Not familiar with the Dyno-Gro product, I do use Pro-tekt, and love it, but what is the ratio on the dyna gro and is there ca/mg/fe in it?

That's actually a cotyledon that looked to be damaged on the first day and appears to be dead now. Guess I should have cropped that picture a little bit. You can just see the true leaves showing to the right of the dead part. Stem looks odd too.
20180828_223336.jpg

To be honest with you, I never even read what all is in the Foliage-Pro. After reading a lot of what @farside05 and @Pennywise and a few others wrote about it, I had to give it a try. It's only 2 things (3 if you count the pH down) for the complete grow. The results they are getting is very impressive too.

That's actually a cotyledon that looked to be damaged on the first day and appears to be dead now. Guess I should have cropped that picture a little bit. You can just see the true leaves showing to the right of the dead part. Stem looks odd too.
20180828_223336.jpg

To be honest with you, I never even read what all is in the Foliage-Pro. After reading a lot of what @farside05 and @Pennywise and a few others wrote about it, I had to give it a try. It's only 2 things (3 if you count the pH down) for the complete grow. The results they are getting is very impressive too.

Foliage Pro is a 1 part, complete fertilizer, with all the essential micro and macro nutrients in 1 bottle. N-P-K is 9-3-6. Supplement in some Pro Tekt (Silica supplement) and your pH down and you're good to go. No need to switch to a "Bloom" feed. Run the same fertilizer from beginning to end, just vary the strength based on the age/stage of the plant.

Foliage Pro is a 1 part, complete fertilizer, with all the essential micro and macro nutrients in 1 bottle. N-P-K is 9-3-6. Supplement in some Pro Tekt (Silica supplement) and your pH down and you're good to go. No need to switch to a "Bloom" feed. Run the same fertilizer from beginning to end, just vary the strength based on the age/stage of the plant.
Thank you farside. Glad you came by, you always have a very good way of explaining things.

The seedling ay take off, looks like the inner membrane of the seed never fell off and suffocated the cotyledon.
I appreciate you telling me that PW. I've never heard of anything like that before. That was also the slowest seedling to get above ground for me too. Guess I'll give a while longer before I try another one.

Back
Top Bottom