The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Wow that blue dream looks really nice I have a ww auto from crop king seeds was thinking about topping it but now from what @Grassmaster idk what was ur seed bank for your ww ?

Thanx man I appreciate the kind words.

Here is my auto Bluedream I have going now. I topped her an now I have her under an lst homemade scrog of sorts lol. I did normal lst like I always do with my plants an strapped her down. Only this time I took some pipe cleaners an bend them to eachother and tucked the branch underneath it hence calling it a homemade scrog of sorts :rofl:. But still she is starting to flower now and should make some great colas under my quantum board light.

I notice when I run my autos if I top them early enough between the 16 to 20 day mark then I always end up getting way better yields then when I dont top them. Altho if I dont time it right then I end up stunting them. But as long as I stay in that 16 to 20 day window then I'm fine. But yea I jus wanted to post my auto I have going currently. Anyway hope every1s garden is doing great n making some great yields for u all good luck an :Namaste:.

Thanx man I appreciate the kind words.

Here is my auto Bluedream I have going now. I topped her an now I have her under an lst homemade scrog of sorts lol. I did normal lst like I always do with my plants an strapped her down. Only this time I took some pipe cleaners an bend them to eachother and tucked the branch underneath it hence calling it a homemade scrog of sorts :rofl:. But still she is starting to flower now and should make some great colas under my quantum board light.

I notice when I run my autos if I top them early enough between the 16 to 20 day mark then I always end up getting way better yields then when I dont top them. Altho if I dont time it right then I end up stunting them. But as long as I stay in that 16 to 20 day window then I'm fine. But yea I jus wanted to post my auto I have going currently. Anyway hope every1s garden is doing great n making some great yields for u all good luck an :Namaste:.
That is really great to see gives me more confidence in my topped Lady ill post some new pics in a week or so show how she's growing best of luck with the blue dream not that ya need it :ganjamon:

That is really great to see gives me more confidence in my topped Lady ill post some new pics in a week or so show how she's growing best of luck with the blue dream not that ya need it :ganjamon:

Lol thanx bro an u 2 hope she grows up nice an big an yields nicely for ya.

So I have 2 white widow same age both are 22 days old today I topped one just to see how it goes cuz I have 8 more seeds of them so I just wanted to see what the comparison is so far 3 days after the top its growing steady hasn't slowed down at all so well see

Unless you screw up the plant it won't prove anything. I have the same strain planted from seed and always their is huge differeneces in yields from plant to plant under the same conditions. And I always get a good enough crop without the hassle.

Unless you screw up the plant it won't prove anything. I have the same strain planted from seed and always their is huge differeneces in yields from plant to plant under the same conditions. And I always get a good enough crop without the hassle.
I get what your saying but at the same time I still get an idea of how the plant reacts to toping cuz as the genetics of the plant state its a shorter stubby plant and like u said I can already see the one I've topped has larger gaps between nodes then the other but over all they are both still stubby plants so even though there different there the same ya know ? It works well as a test because I more or less just wanna see if the strain as a whole has a bad reaction to topping like the NYC Diesel autos I've grown I would never even try to top one all ten of the plants I grew started flowering after just 3 weeks and were done 7 weeks later with such a short time they would have been stunted for sure

I just found this thread so I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but I’m loving the knowledge dump so far.

I’ve only grown one auto in the past a CKS NL. Only training was LST. She yielded well but the genetics sucked as far as taste and effect.

With spring in the air I just hatched a Fresh Candy from Pyramid who’s day one was 5/1 and a Blow Dream from Victory. The plan was for them to go straight outside in pots however overnight temps and rain are hindering. For now they’re gonna Ben chilling between the tent, outdoors and my 2 space buckets each with two 120w cfl’s.

Reading the posts has given me great ideas and I’m dying to put to use what I’ve learned on my photos regarding training and see what I can do with autos. I’ve always had little interest because of lower yields and the fact I love to mess with my girls. It looks like that might change.

Attachments

• D1FE1835-2B81-4FCB-BFEE-D0B974A81B86.jpeg
    D1FE1835-2B81-4FCB-BFEE-D0B974A81B86.jpeg
    710.5 KB · Views: 185
  • A919FBA3-3694-46A6-9225-CDADFE0846B5.jpeg
    A919FBA3-3694-46A6-9225-CDADFE0846B5.jpeg
    592.8 KB · Views: 113
  • B397C01C-BBFC-4B59-A759-24A92B584E52.jpeg
    B397C01C-BBFC-4B59-A759-24A92B584E52.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 171
  • EF880F7D-C6EE-40B0-B913-C7C90E372158.jpeg
    EF880F7D-C6EE-40B0-B913-C7C90E372158.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 3AB5259D-C157-4386-A004-50C3C185B9B0.jpeg
    3AB5259D-C157-4386-A004-50C3C185B9B0.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 182
I just found this thread so I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but I’m loving the knowledge dump so far.

I’ve only grown one auto in the past a CKS NL. Only training was LST. She yielded well but the genetics sucked as far as taste and effect.

With spring in the air I just hatched a Fresh Candy from Pyramid who’s day one was 5/1 and a Blow Dream from Victory. The plan was for them to go straight outside in pots however overnight temps and rain are hindering. For now they’re gonna Ben chilling between the tent, outdoors and my 2 space buckets each with two 120w cfl’s.

Reading the posts has given me great ideas and I’m dying to put to use what I’ve learned on my photos regarding training and see what I can do with autos. I’ve always had little interest because of lower yields and the fact I love to mess with my girls. It looks like that might change.

Oh shit yea autos are fun man an if u go perpetual an make some beans to continue growing autos for ever lol then it really gets fun cause they grow so quick u can fit more rounds of growing each year an if u do more than one at a time u can really "play" around with them jus be careful not to snap branches that's the biggest thing I've noticed and if u decide to fim them or top them (i top mine for bigger yields) but do that at day 19 to 21 but dnt go longer then tht cause u can stunt them i always do mine rite at day 20 in fact i jus topped a pineapple express auto yesterday n she was day 19 or 20 cant remember now lol. But yea man good luck. Are the beans u running rite now that fresh candy an the bluedream are those autos or photos?

I took her top off this Pyramid Fresh Candy this morning at 15 days. Her sister, Victory Blow Dream will probably get hers cut tomorrow which will be her 15th day.

Attachments

• 6CAE8100-0EAA-4D75-A411-C3B02110DCC9.jpeg
    6CAE8100-0EAA-4D75-A411-C3B02110DCC9.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 115
  • FD4F5219-FA12-4813-A1FF-D30F6A1C29EA.jpeg
    FD4F5219-FA12-4813-A1FF-D30F6A1C29EA.jpeg
    628.7 KB · Views: 177
Great info snid. Ima pull upa chair and watch. I'm currently running 2 red cheese autos in sohum living soil. 1 topped yesterday the other I will let nature take it's course. They are 11 days above ground. 1 was at a stand still for 8 days then I realized it wasnt getting water by bottom feeding So I watered a little from top and now she moving. I also have 2 pink kush photos started in their all broke ground 11 days ago. I use only water. This thread was berry helpful to be. This is my 1st grow in 10 years and 1st one from seed ever

Attachments

• Message_1561910122590.jpg
    Message_1561910122590.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190629_070542.jpg
    20190629_070542.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190629_070537.jpg
    20190629_070537.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20190629_070517.jpg
    20190629_070517.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20190629_070514.jpg
    20190629_070514.jpg
    929.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20190629_070454.jpg
    20190629_070454.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 158
Good thread , i been growing autos for 2 years and have always topped just the main coila ? coming out the top and timing is everything for sure Question do you experienced growers do the topping on all the limbs to double up ? Or is that just too much weight ? And i tried to get a clone and again timing has to be right / before bud forming comes . mine are two Gorilla Glues auto Seedsman right at 2 weeks now at about 5 " had pics but there on my phone i dont have right now . Thanks for any input .

Anyone got a good answer to topping a auto is it worth it or not I'm doing 5 revolver auto flowers and I would be topping 2 if it's worth doing if not the LST them

Oh shit yea man. Ive done alot of autos an so far if timed right i always go at day 20 or 21 no later then u risk chance of stunting it. And know some auto strains jus dnt do gud with topping. But so far in my experience if timed right then they do wonderfully. Im currently getting ready to start up my auto breeding program again. When i did it last i made a few crosses but only really worked on 2 of them. But this time im guna only work on one at a time so that way i can really grow out a few plants of each strain that i use so i can really dail in the exact traits im going for. Im thinking on doing an auto chem cross of some kind. I was thinkn of adding in some fruitiness or maybe some purple/grape but still keeping all the qualitys of the chem strain and see where i can go with tht lol. I got some stardawg auto beans that i think im guna start off with. Then i jus gotta figure out what i wana cross it with lol.

I have a question what should I do... should I focus my light on the 1 big one only or do you think others will get bigger?
20191126_172548.jpg
20191126_172558.jpg

this is 1 month after germination

Im affraid that they will soon flower and those 2 stay small and not sure if I should waste my light space for them. (or they are slown down due to cuts and they will be in veg longer?)

I will not be topping my autos as it failed on me but the lst one is way better

The main thing I've noticed with autos is so many start flowering different weeks. As someone told me when you start seeing pistols in an auto, it's basically the same as a photo in the 2-3 week of flowering. It needs to be done at the very least a week or 2 before pistols appear. So fast growth and a late flowering auto, would be ideal. This season I had an auto start flowering in week2 and another strain week 4 and they both finished about same time 80-90 days. By this I mean pistols were showing. So if the 4 week strain is continuous I am sure I can successfully top or quadline it. The quadline auto attempt, started showing pistols almost immediately after I did the quadline, stunting the shit out of her and giving me a 25% germ rate among the branch I pollinated.

Maybe I've just been lucky so far, or pick the right stuff, but I have 5 autos going right now, have topped 4 of them, and started quadlining them. The last one is about 10 days behind as it took a lot longer to germ, but she will be ready and getting a trim in a few days as well (provided her great growth continues, obviously.)

Not a hiccup to be had so far. Four are from FastBuds (Six Shooter, Blue Dream'mattic, Green Crack, and Mexican Airlines), and the other is a freebie of Super Lemon Haze.

Tarzan here, first time posting but have been following along for some time now. Running 2 autos from G.C.S, one Gorilla Glue and one Critical Purple. Just topped the GG this morning before work.

Setup is currently a 2x2x6 tent with LED.
Dyna-Gro “Grow” & “Bloom”

Has anybody ever tried Critical Purple? Not much info on it, grow wise.

Thanks
23BD1716-EAF2-498B-9AC0-7B55880CB547.jpeg
7E0E05CE-ABAB-44AB-992E-158FBC9E06C8.png

Back
Top Bottom