The next 8 states to legalize marijuana

twalker

The next 8 states to legalize marijuana

California

The founding state of the medical marijuana program. Californians are expected to vote in legal marijuana for recreational use in 2016 with the help of the marijuana policy project.

Florida

This year amendment 2 was very successful in many ways. The vote received 57.5 percent but unfortunately the vote needed a 60% majority to pass. There is expected to be another vote in upcoming years, but no word of a date has been given.

Michigan

There has been a lot of talk that Michigan will be the first state in the Mid-west to legalize marijuana for recreational use. Marijuana is currently decriminalized on a state level in Michigan.

Maine

Marijuana was successfully decriminalized in Maine and is treated like a minor traffic stop. Many supporters believe it could be the next state to legalize for recreational use.

New York

The compassionate care act was signed earlier this year by Governor Cuomo. They have also decriminalized marijuana possession of under 25 grams. Recreational marijuana is expected to be put to vote in upcoming years.

Massachusetts

If law makers to not decide to legalize in 2016, there is an initiative that will be launched by supporters that will attempt to legalize recreational marijuana.

Minnesota

Even with the most restrictive medical marijuana programs in the country there is much hope that in upcoming years the law makers will adopt changes.

New Mexico

The issue of a tax regulated pot market is set to go before state law makers in 2015.

Florida still has me scratching my nads

in what democratic society is 60% a majority vote?? are they so good,they have 119% somewhere in their equation?SMH

The Florida vote or proposition 215 needed a 60 percent majority to pass, and they only received a 55.6% vote. Bullshit, i know.

Back
Top Bottom