The Next Generation - Chocoloupe & Goldleaf - 3rd Grow In The GreenThunder Tent

GreenThunder

The sour diesel clones are 8 weeks in flower and trich watch is on. :D I figure they've got a couple more weeks so it's time to start the next batch!! Two of three seeds sprouted a week ago and they are either both Goldleaf or one GL and 1 Chocoloupe. I thought I soaked 2 Chocoloupe and one GL but when I opened my seed bank to drop another GL, I found I have 3 instead of four… but I do still have 4 Chocoloupe. :eek: So I mixed them up when dropping them into water and can’t be sure which is which, though I do think the two that sprouted are twins.

Yesterday I soaked another Chocoloupe and put it in paper towel after it sank. This morning it has the start of a root!!

Meanwhile the one a dropped a week ago still hasn’t opened…

How long do I wait before giving up on it? What I did was planted it an inch deep in coco fortified with Dr. Root. The 2 Goldleaf had no problem sprouting with this method but this one Chocoloupe didn’t seem to like it so I gently fished it out and put it in the paper towel (yesterday.) Is it a goner and if so did I kill it with my straight to dirt method?

While not the same strain I had the same problem earlier this year going direct to CoCo. I only had one out of 6 of the original seeds to grow. I ended up going with peat pots and got the next batch going. I never did find out if it was going direct to the final grow pot or whether the seeds were just duds.

Someone had recommended a product called Rapid Rooter plugs. The are suppose to already be impregnated with rooting hormones and starting fertilizer. All 6 of my seeds on this run germinated and are growing robustly.

Chocoloupe 2 sprouted!! Four hours difference between these two pics.

Number 1 did grow a tiny taproot but it got too dry, I think. I did drop a third because I do really want 2 of these challenging gals :cool:

Chocolope 3 is sllllooooowwwlllllyyy making her way out of the shell. When I peeked in on her earlier I was sure she’d bit it. But just in case, I gave her a little drink (water + dr root) and just a bit later she was shedding her shell!! I can see root hairs :) and the leaves all curled around each other… it looks like a bit of membrane still encases them :D

Chocolope were replanted today, into 1 gal felt.

Goldleaf continue to be gorgeous

Today is moving day.... into the tent with 600w HPS and into 5 gallon pots. Last week I started transitioning them to have lights on at night, because this spring/summer it will be to warm to run the HPS during the day.

Lights out at noon before I had a chance to transplant so I'll do that after lights on at 8 (in about an hour)

I got the quantum board for the autos but as soon as I can get another I'm going to put both in the tent and ditch the HPS

I can't possibly express how bright this thing is!!

Back
Top Bottom