The Next Step - Starring Mr Am4zin & Featuring Living Organic Soil

I agree with DoctorGonzo. Yellowing from the top down with crispy leaves looks like nute lock-out. As a healthy plant naturally eats it's leaves late in flower it will present from the bottom up. I'm not sure of Mr. A's soil make-up and previous nutrients given to the plant are, but I would flush with straight water and keep an eye on them. Water corrected to anywhere between 6.2 to 6.8 pH should work for flushing this late in the game.

Good luck Guardian. It is a noble deed you do for a friend in time of need.

:peace:

Does he have any earthworm castings? It's a first-line response to all problems in the living soil realm. I seem to recall that Mr A tends to run his a little yellow anyway, doesn't he guys? Is this a Dark Devil Auto? The bigger leaves are simply turning their colors, at just the right time, but you do have what appears to be too much yellow.

Does he have any Langbeinite?

IMG_313116.JPG

When I saw the picture my hand instinctively reached for my box. I scratch it into the surface and water in. I never measure, just feel my way into it.

He won't hurt you if something happens to the plants. :battingeyelashes: :love: At the stage they are right now he'll get a good harvest no matter what. You could lose every leaf on the plant and it would still finish. Maybe not as full, but it would be worth the grow. Take a breath and enjoy the plant. She is a pretty thing.

Thankyou SweetSue, Mr A speaks highly of you so I'm glad you came over. He doesn't have any Langbeinite and I couldn't find any in the garden center this afternoon I did pick up some earthworm castings tho. I'm assuming I just put some on the top of soil and water it in? The plants are Hollands hope and Jack Herer. Jack Herer being the first 2 pictures.
I know he won't hurt me as the plants were like this when I took responsibility for them, I just wanna do my best for when he gets home. He could do with these finishing well.

Yellow leaves per se aren't a sign of plant health. I've got plants and they all have yellow leaves!!

Look at the calyx - where the white hairs are coming out - that's the business end of the plant.

In your pics that part of the plant is still healthy and growing and looking GREAT.

The only thing I've ever given a yellowing plant this late in flower to keep it going is:

worm casting tea - worm castings (1/2 cup) with some alfalfa meal 1/2 cup and some kelp meal (1/2 cup)

Kinda late tho for that... it's not going to change the color of the leaves.

I don't know the strain your growing there but some strains do yellow quite a bit at this stage. If I was you and I'm not. I'd be in a panic.

Fear not young grasshopper... relax, do not over react.

If anything over watering.. let the pot lighten up before doing anything other that brewing up some compost tea. Adding chemicals to a soil grow is going to make matters worse. You will be fine. sit back and enjoy the fall colors.

Here's a pic of mine - mind you I do not trim/cut/pluck or otherwise disturb my ladies once they are in flower. I let them go .. yellow is early fall color... next they may turn orange or just fall off...this plant is completely fine and actually excelling at flower production.

Those big leaves have collected lots and lots of energy from the lights and stored it in the leaves just for this time in its life cycle. The plants flowers are asking the leaves to give up the nitrogen/ chloroplast / leaf protein.

If you look closely the yellowing is mainly those larger older leaves.. there's still green going on under those yellowing leaves.

My suggestion is to sit tight - don't over water, take a deep deep puff or 3 and relax. All is well.

DSCN20208.JPG

I can breath a little better after reading this bobrown14 and for that, I thank you. He has a harvest prediction in his diary for 15th to 22nd Jan so only a few weeks left. As said in previous post I'm going to top up with ewc and see what happens.
He did leave a nice 420 magazine jar of something on the side so I think a few puffs may be in order when I get up there. Thanks again.

Bob, your yellowing is indicative of finish, but OP's yellowing is far(!) too widespread and over the top and indicates lockout.
That said, there's nothing he can do at this point. Adding any amendments this late in flower won't reverse the issues, it'll just ruin what's left of those flowers. At this point his terpene profile is gonna' take it right in the old pooper. Best thing he can do is flush DTW (drain to waste) with ph-correct water for a week or so, then cut 'em.
I can't suss out what caused the lockout, but it seems like the effects were very sudden onset, too bad it happened while plant-sitting but it looks like the caretaker wasn't at fault.

Btw, Bob, pretty plant you got there-details? .

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for your advice, I'm not going to flush it as it's a living soil and I believe that to be a bad thing, I could be wrong tho. All I need to do is get them a few more weeks and I think bo has the right idea, sit back and enjoy.

I agree with DoctorGonzo. Yellowing from the top down with crispy leaves looks like nute lock-out. As a healthy plant naturally eats it's leaves late in flower it will present from the bottom up. I'm not sure of Mr. A's soil make-up and previous nutrients given to the plant are, but I would flush with straight water and keep an eye on them. Water corrected to anywhere between 6.2 to 6.8 pH should work for flushing this late in the game.

Good luck Guardian. It is a noble deed you do for a friend in time of need.

:peace:

As I said in last post, I'm gonna take a bobrown14 approach but thanks for your help. :)

Things you do for friends, he's a good man having a hard time, I couldn't say no.

Well as soon as you see him send him all my very very best :)
I hope that all goes well for him in whatever he is trying to do :volcano-smiley:
:420:

Thanks for your advice, I'm not going to flush it as it's a living soil and I believe that to be a bad thing, I could be wrong tho. All I need to do is get them a few more weeks and I think bo has the right idea, sit back and enjoy.

Yes that's the way to go... do not knee jerk react.

I have plants that would look like that IF I trimmed all my fans off before they fell off naturally. The colors on my plant in the pics are the large orange fans falling off. They are yellow before that. Your friend that you are watching plants for has been trimming fan leaves. The plant wants more nitrogen for bud building. She's taking it from the leaves that are left.

It's going to be fine... we aren't smoking pictures... some plants get fugly down the stretch.

Here's another pic of a yellowing plant I just harvested a few days ago. this pic was taken right before harvest... all the leaves are yellow. I promise the buds will be a bright green there will be no yellow in the final product.

DSCN19827.JPG

The plant won't run out of nutrients in soil that fast... I would bet its genetics ... It's a smallish plant in a fairly large container. There's plenty of goodness left in the soil for the lady to finish. I would take some of the EWC that you bought and put a cup in a bucket of water and let it sit and stir it up... let sit over night or until the next watering and water in.

Stick your finger in the soil down to your 2nd knuckle - is the soil wet? If so don't water. Lets get dirty ... and take a pic of your finger ... ok.... creepy. Still funny, gotta laugh at that right?

I would take some of the EWC that you bought and put a cup in a bucket of water and let it sit and stir it up... let sit over night or until the next watering and water in.

Stick your finger in the soil down to your 2nd knuckle - is the soil wet? If so don't water. Lets get dirty ... and take a pic of your finger ... ok.... creepy. Still funny, gotta laugh at that right?

And this is exactly what I did but without the picture :) thanks for your help.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom