The old male question

rdglarry

I have ten plants started from seed growing outdoors. They have been in the ground for 4 weeks and are growing like mad. Some hitting a few inches a day and averaging 5-6 feet tall and wide. 8 of the plants are clearly showing as females, (pre-flowers). Two of them are not, with one of them being the largest and widest of the group. I only get to check them twice a week and am a little concerned but in no hurry to euthanize them in haste.( If males I will most likely relocate them for pollen gathering as they have amazing vigor.)
Two of the other plants did this and then started showing the pre-flowers in the last week. Typically don't the males show first?

Anyone have links to time lapsed photo sets of males?

Nice site, my thanks to the special friends for putting this together!

Will holding off payed out. Went to check the kids today and one of the two questionable plants has pistils showing on the newest top growth. I had looked at a lot of pictures that showed what looked like a tiny emerging leaf calling them males but waiting saved this Girls life.

Mine just looked more like tiny leafs than balls. I hope they didn't make a mistake in killing it.

Back
Top Bottom