The Orphan

Srilania

Growth: Indoor Flourescent
Medium: unknown soil
Strain: Unknown, assumed heavy sativa strain

Plant was found abandoned in a ditch, likely from a ripper or someone disposing of plants. all but a few fan leaves were removed. Hard stalk in 5 gallon bucket pot stood 5 feet tall, with almost 2 feet of it snapped and damaged.

QUerry: can this abused, raped plant be nursed back?

Week 1: left under 24-0 lighting, dosed with 5x strong superthrive, and broken pieces removed and attempted to clone. Clones did not take. Watering at 1 pint/day, as a newbie mistake.
Used lighting- Best Value 150 watt Equavalent CFL's (42w)X3, Best Value 40 watt equivalent.

Plant languished, but did start to produce some new leaves.

Week 2: Realized mistakes, and switched from initial setup to hooded t8 hooded FL tubes, cool light, 2 tubes, 1 42W CFL, 1 40 watt equivalent. Watering switched to 1 gallon1-2 times a week, no superthrive added. no nutes available to add. Pinching and FIMing performed to encourage more growth

Result: plant grew 6 inches up, and shot sideways at an extremely accelerated rate. width of the whole bush shot out to double the size. New leaves shot out, and started to thrive

Week 3: Kept to same procedures, more pinching and FIMing. Still no nutes available, due to not being ready.

Plant again doubled, but now leaves start having some issues, appearing to be some nute deficiencies. Last watering was done using 1 handful of miracle grow potting soil with 1 gallon of water (desperation ploy to try to add SOMETHING till I have money for nutes)

Also of note, in the FIMing, 2 small branches were collected for cloning, using a 45 degree cut in water, then dipped in clonex and put in MG soil (it was free). Then set in a cloning chamber, with a plastic plate filled with 5X superthrive, standing water, inside a white bucket with a clear lid. If plants survive, they will become basis of experiment on wal mart LED replacement bulb lights.

I didn't think of taking the pics at first, I was too worried, as I was having to go from a small box to a full closet overnight. I'll get some pics done here in a moment.

Here we go, just snapped some, and will upload the clones later as a separate
Orphan_front_w3.jpg
Orphan_side_w3.jpg
journal

And yes, I do have feelers out, seeing if I can find the person this orphan came from. Most of the pots were terra cotta, and smashed, plants chopped up, and stalks busted. Found the pile in the woods not far form my house, where illegal dumping is common. If I find the person, I'll probably return it, but will ask to keep the clones. I saw the massacre and was shocked, and seeing that one made me want to try to bring it back form the brink of death, and thought just to take in a poor, abused plant, and help it become something better.

But, if I get to keep it, and my friend tells me I probably will never find who it was that got ripped off, I am looking to do reveggings, instead of just keeping it as a mother, since it's already almost too big for the current space.

Well, if you'd seen the pots, you'd realize that's probably not what happened. These weren't the cheap 2-5 dollar kinds of pots, but the more expensive arty type ones. it looked like someone had a lot of love for them, and it kinda made me sad. If you'd seen it, (it's gone now, I went to look earlier) you'd realize it's likely a ripper who swiped them all, hacked them up, and ditched them. the branches weren't even cut, but roughly snapped off all over the whole plant. most of them were busted off at the dirt, then branches and nugs snapped off.

I looked at that, realized that could easily have been anyone that got ripped off, and even with legal medical grows, the police won't do anything if you report stolen plants. I know if it was me, and someone found my plants, I'd at least want to know what happened to them, and if the person finding the remains nursed one back and offered me clones or the original plant back, I'd be grateful someone was nice enough to help me in my time of need.

Some might consider it unethical to try to do what I am doing, trying to recover and help a plant that was dumped from a likely ripper dumping. All I can say is I felt sorry for the plants, which given the expensive pottery they were in, had to be loved, then treated so callously, so I had to try. And so far, the orphan has been responding by bouncing back for more. And if I find the original owner, not only will I get more info, but I'll be able to try to help them out in getting on their feet, and have some good come from it.

It's been a week, and even with 3 trimmings taken for cloning, it's bushing out. WIll snap pics, but thinking it's maybe time to pull the last set of clones before flipping it to flower.

well, meatspace conspired against me, but I kept the plant going. Seems the original owner gets a laugh, since the orphan and all clones are male o_O Having to start over from nada.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom