420 Magazine Background

The Path

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Lol! The power of three. When I give good hugs they’re held for three slow breaths.

:5: :5: :5:

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
One moment to the next....

I’ve a history of compulsive and impulsive behavior. The impulsive part I’ve come to understand is raw inspiration that most others are too quick to judge as poor judgement. Just because we don’t understand what God is doing doesn’t mean he isn’t in full control.

All things in their right time. All is well. All is as it should be.

As to the compulsive behavior....

I know from experience that it’s a habit up until the very moment when it isn’t. One moment to the next.

One moment I express the behavior, and from the next moment on I express a new behavior. I’ve used this thought successfully over the past three years to break the patterns of life-long behaviors that weren’t serving me well.

One moment to the next.

As pertains to the scalp, I’m ready for it to be the next moment. It’s time. I’m tired of this game.

SweetSue

This is the next moment. :3:

SweetSue

*Gasp* How lovely, and how wonderful for your healing. :5: :love: :5:

SweetSue

“Life always mirrors back to you the feeling that you have inside.” - Louise Hay

Now that is a wonderful thought. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

SweetSue

Goodness gracious sakes alive, I am one happy woman these days. Lol! Travel becomes me. :4:

SweetSue

SweetSue

“You can’t count on something being here tomorrow just because it’s here today.”

Esther Perez was referring to the sense of dread she experienced growing up the daughter of holocaust survivors who lost their entire families to the madness.

My reaction to the statement was completely different, shaped by both a childhood and adulthood lived in poverty but drenched in unconditional love.

I saw it as a reflection of the mantra we raised our children with:

“True security isn’t what you have, but what you can live without.”

True security is in realizing it’s the art of living and loving unconditionally that’s your most valuable resource. The universe waited for me to let myself play. Wasn’t that sweet of them? Lol!

Live, dare to live with absolute faith and you can grasp the big one:

Only good lies ahead. :love:

You know.....the one that drives me was hearing my grandfather explaining to my young adult self that I shared the very thoughts of God.... if I allowed them in. That’s been my goal ever since. Came to find out it’s all about being playfully, joyfully expectant. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Hey..... I can do that. Lol!

SweetSue

Playful, joyful expectancy may turn out to be the most valuable asset to a long and vibrant life.

So ask yourself, what are you expecting? How’s that make you feel? What desire is created by that feeling? What impulse presents itself?

Ok........all the answers felt good. :laugh2:

SweetSue

"When you say 'no' to person or a situation, let it come not from insight, from a clear realization of what is right or not right for you in that moment. Let it be a nonreactive 'no,' a high-quality 'no,' a 'no' that is free of all negativity and so creates no further suffering." --- Eckhardt Tolle

This had a significant resonance with me today for a couple reasons, but most particularly as pertains to my habit of compulsively picking at the psoriasis scales on my scalp, ultimately causing them to become thicker, and cover more scalp territory.

In the past few years I've dropped a couple other compulsive behaviors, in both cases one moment to the next, almost one breath to the next. I've been saying "NO!" to this condition in a message laden with anger and deep resistence, all the while perpetuating it.

What you resist you draw to you. What I'm waiting for is the response that's nonreactive, high-quality, free of all negativity.

This passage is from Eckhart's chapter on surrendering, accepting what is without judgement. Insightful reading.

Last edited:

SweetSue

Language.... I’d like all my language to come from a place of loving. I’ve had a lot of exposure lately to FOX “News” and it saddens me that we use such inciting language. I can’t see how this serves anyone but the grifters. It certainly doesn’t seem to be doing much to bring us together.

Maybe that’s what bothers me.... the language is all “us against them” with no room for compromise, or any way to seem to be able to look across the aisle and see someone equal to you.

My social and spiritual training was that no one is any less than or more than I, that my worthiness exists simply because He chose to let me come bouncing into life, that we are all equally worthy individual expressions of the One.

This dance through conservative American thought will only cement cosmic thought in my personality.

Ok... worked that out pretty quickly. :laugh2: It won’t change who I am. It sent me to reading Eckhardt Tolle’s The Power Of Now, which can only benefit me. It’ll also allow me to absorb FOX news without judgement, although my insistence that “news” be in lower case suggests I’m not quite there yet, doesn’t it? Lol!

SweetSue

“I breathe in. I breathe out. Got friends to call who let me talk about what ain’t working, what’s still hurtin’, all the things I feel like cussin’ out.”

I love singing this song. The words flow deliciously across the vocal chords and it sits in a range of notes I find easy to access.

But that highlighted part makes me chuckle every time because there’s nothing I ever feel like cussing out. :laugh2:

walleye

Dogs and I watching the full moon rise last evening, I thought I heard a hello and found you had just posted a minute ago. I love how creation flows, doesn't leave reason to cuss about anymore. What I notice other than the power of thought that moves mountains is the music of thought that orchestrates time and events. There does seem to be a conflicting force about, it fights with the natural flow, but has no power over The Great I Am, a flowing river of which we are all one with. To a fisherman, it is no more than an eddie and a good spot to fish! In its' attempt to alter the flow, all good things gather around and feast as conflict is overcome with goodness unseen beneath the waters. To deliberately sleep and rise each day to overcome conflict is a blessing , creations' Maestro likes to fiddle and fish, and hugs too! Mom and dad always prefer hugs over applause, I think it gets appreciated more than anything and washes away any conflicts. So simple yet hidden in plain sight, to humble the sciences, religions, elected...and comfort the humble. Some would disagree, call it coincidence, that's where I disagree. So I watch the news, smoke and drink, cuss a bit in moments of weakness, but never only human without someone greater to hug at will. If only Trump and others would learn a hug, and conflicts become a hot spot to fish, we would all have a merry Christmas! Sorry, meant to say hi before battery goes dead.

SweetSue

I like the way the cosmos linked us together walleye. :5:

We are all individual expressions of the One. In some that thought creates fear, but I’ve always found it to be gently reassuring to know I’m always connected.

I recently learned how interconnected our cells are, from nucleus to ECM and beyond. I assume those connections extend beyond the physical plane of our skin and take off into some unseen dimension to connect us to each other and all that floats with us on this blue pearl.

I’m getting a good training on living without judgement. Lol!

SweetSue

I create my own reality. That’s easier to take when what I’m looking at pleases me greatly. :laugh2:

Sometimes it’s more challenging to own it. Lol!

Top Bottom