The Peeece-ful Gardeners Laboratory

Thanks buddy, I've been in construction for over 20 years and I can't remember where I originally saw it..... My thought was the same as yours though, brilliant!

Its been one of those weeks and for the life of me I just couldn't find any me time where I wasn't just beat...

Been pricing out material... Started watching online, and I'm gonna start picking up some things while I see them.. Waiting on a guy who has 8 sheets of 5/8 plywood... wants $120... Can't beat that!
Going to pick up some patio stones 9...for the foundation, I'll need another 11 to cover the area...
OK so here it is... I've been looking into things, and talking with the Mrs... We decided that because you don't need a building permit for anything smaller than an 8X10 shed...That was sort've why we went with that size... Well and also because I did some serious ass kissin' and am probably getting nominated for member of the year from the Wiser's club... But because we have kids (4 total 2 from my previous + 2 from her) and 3 are in high school the whole growing plants at home has always been a discussion...well and because her ex husband is a cop as well... so that plays into some of good reasons why I keep my grows on the down-low... Don't get me wrong, my grow license will be here shortly, and that's sort've why I was able to get the approval for a stand alone grow room...and with all the ass kissing I was doing, was able to get the biggest floor plan possible without a permit...

Well... I checked with the town and I can actually build a 10X10 with no permits... I think... and I'll know more tomorrow when I can get out and check setbacks, but if I can put it back closer to the fence.... well then I can build a 10X10...

Its a no brainer right? I mean I don't really need to tell the Mrs, as the part she was concerned with was the building permit...and that extra 2X10 space will be HUGE in the big scheme of things... right?

Now you're talking my man..... if you have ever got any questions about Ontario building permits..... Don't hesitate to ask me.

One thing that I definitely noticed in my space is that the cloning and seedling area doesn't need a full-height wall. You could do it with a desk underneath it or something like that but mine is from the five foot mark on the wall up. Makes a really great use of space that way. You've seen it, veg is underneath it for Passive heat in the winter time.

The bigger space will have advantages and disadvantages for sure..... What is your daily limit?

One thing that I definitely noticed in my space is that the cloning and seedling area doesn't need a full-height wall. You could do it with a desk underneath it or something like that but mine is from the five foot mark on the wall up. Makes a really great use of space that way. You've seen it, veg is underneath it for Passive heat in the winter time.

The bigger space will have advantages and disadvantages for sure..... What is your daily limit?
Daily limit is 2g so 10 plants? I'm going to be growing for a buddy of mine as well, and his is 4g..

I was looking at those HLG 550 lights(I think thats it)... Thats a pretty solid bang for your buck... Maybe 2 in the flower room each covering its own 4X4 area with space between...Yah I'll need a small cloning tent just like yours, I like how its up high. I could do that and it would give me a spot where I can run autos at the same time... Find a few specific photo strains to hit all the right buttons for everyone and stabilize a consistent supply regime... and run autos for variety and filler runs if and when required... I'm going to start watching Kijiji and fb for lumber for sale... deals are deals right?! lol

Any extra square footage is well worth the extra supplies. Even if you don't put more plants in there just having the extra walk around room. Priceless

Exactly! If I'm going to go through the trouble in the first place... might as well

Keep in mind size and usage of materials for sure
Limits cutting and waste

Excited to see what ya build
Thats funny,,,I spent 3 hours the other day doing exactly that... I wont post it but needless to say I already wrote out a material list with three stores prices including delivery charges if required and 8X10 had some advantages as far as cost of materials being cheaper. Surprising what that evtra 20 square feet to build costs! lol!

20 square feet of extra space is probably the entire working area of my shed! Sounds good to me :).

Thats about mine right now too Shed... last year this time I had dropped my first fem seeds and was determined to grow Mj in that old fridge! then I built that room in the shed...4X5X5tall... Now I'm looking at a 10X10 full on grow room...
Shit... Have I got a smile!

Definitely my friend, could you use your best bet. I bought the majority of the materials that I could not get from my buddy on Kijiji. I mean there were a few things that were store purchased but when you were you can save a buck, you can put that into your lighting and your ventilation. That being said, I bought stuff for my grow room on Kijiji as well..... Especially my fans.....i splurged on the new filters.

If you see something down in the Toronto or Durham area and you cannot get down for it. Just ask me, I'll go and get it for you if you like. I'll be up to swing a hammer too..... Just let me know when brother.

Definitely my friend, could you use your best bet. I bought the majority of the materials that I could not get from my buddy on Kijiji. I mean there were a few things that were store purchased but when you were you can save a buck, you can put that into your lighting and your ventilation. That being said, I bought stuff for my grow room on Kijiji as well..... Especially my fans.....i splurged on the new filters.

If you see something down in the Toronto or Durham area and you cannot get down for it. Just ask me, I'll go and get it for you if you like. I'll be up to swing a hammer too..... Just let me know when brother.
If you weren't so damn far I'd be there for the barn raising. Nice job Guy

Sweet, Thanks! I just found a sawmill up in Coldwater, and their prices are pretty good. They kiln dry it as well from what I can tell but I'm going to call them to confirm. The lumber will be rough sawn and true 2X4, and 2X6... an 8' 2X6 costs $4.80... And cash gets your order is tax free and there's a discount off your total bill! lol! With true lumber sizes I may go 2' on centre wall studs... Floor I think should stay pressure treated all the way around... I'll give yah plenty of time to know when to bring your hammer! don't worry!

So question for the builders out there... I'm going to put something on the outside of the shed similar to siding... which it may turn out to be... Do I need wrap on this thing?

Second question, I am going to go 2X4 wall studs and insulate in between the studs with fiberglass insulation... I have sheets of Industrial roofing Styrofoam insulation(thanks to @Guy Cavallero )... Maybe I should use the Styrofoam on the outside of the studs rather than the wrap... ? hmmmm... my plan was to sheet the walls with OSB sheets...
So siding, wrap(?), 3" styrofoam, OSB, studs and fiberglass insulation, poly, drywall (or something) ... is that it?

OK... so what do the experts say? I don't know what would be better...

I'd do from the outside in......

Siding
*Tyvek wrap
*OSB sheeting
*2x4 walls with safe and sound between the studs
*rigid style insulation (what's the finish?)
*interior film

I think that might eliminate a bit of cost too...... I was waiting for you to post all night, took you long enough lol!

I'd do from the outside in......

Siding
*Tyvek wrap
*OSB sheeting
*2x4 walls with safe and sound between the studs
*rigid style insulation (what's the finish?)
*interior film

I think that might eliminate a bit of cost too...... I was waiting for you to post all night, took you long enough lol!
LOL!
I was crawling around under the deck moving shit so I can get at all the patio stones I have to pull up so I can trench that cable and get this show on the road! LOL! I'll have to go look at it again... it has a thick paper on the one side for sure, maybe both. Its those sheets that are 8' X 4' maybe 4" thick...3" for sure...
I would have said that layer order as well, except that Styrofoam stuff is throwing me... let's say its 3"... How do I get to a stud to hang something if I want it? electrical recepticles... Attach shelves? I'll need 4" screws! lol! and 4 rechargeable batteries for the drill! And you will need to stay up here for a few nights! lol

Maybe Go with 2x6 walls and sandwich both the 3" rigid and some R8 into the wall cavities? Itll allow you to finish the inside however you like and still give you a cavity of fluffy to run cables etc.....?

Maybe Go with 2x6 walls and sandwich both the 3" rigid and some R8 into the wall cavities? Itll allow you to finish the inside however you like and still give you a cavity of fluffy to run cables etc.....?

Yah that sounds good... I could still go 24" centers on Studs for sure... and both pieces of insulation should do it well...I'm going to put it between the floor joists as well... I should use the R8 on that as well or maybe even thicker. Put the styro down on top the patio stones and in between the joists then fiberglass on top the Pressure treated T&G...

While you are here... Anyone around have those @kind LED light bars? I see they are on sale and was thinking a couple may be good vertical filler lights... Sponsors light bars

Back
Top Bottom