The Peeece-ful Gardeners Laboratory

Peeece

So I am currently growing out my third grow, and have decided that my current 5X4 setup isn't enough... mind you it's only 5'6" tall... so it really does get cramped in there...

The long winter with nothing growing or to tend to was super frustrating... so I am going to invest into a more year round option... A new stand alone grow room... I want something a bit more professional looking and with that feel to it...Something that reflects who I am at heart... Something that suits a Northern Redneck Cannabis Connoisseur... Know what I mean? I should coin that! Start making shirts... hmmmmm....

Many of you know what I mean when I say, practice makes perfect...especially when it comes to growing...

Most (maybe all) of us started the same way... visions of growing monster weed plants and having colas the size of 2L Coke bottles...but we were as green as my little Gypsy Widow I'm growing... Wanna see something funny... Look back at my first grow... the stealth fridge grow... I had two little plants started inside this fridge that I was trying to use... and when I ran my intake exhaust...I put my charcoal canister outside my fridge and tried to blow the smelly pot air out the fridge and through the canister...LOL!! It may have worked but probably not as efficient and pulling the smell through...Oh how silly and such a newb' I was! Thanks though to this great community I've come a long way!

So back to the title of this journal...

The Peeece-ful gardeners laboratory...

I have been throwing this around for awhile and have mentioned it with a few members... @Guy Cavallero @Rider509 @flytier just to name a few... and @Guy Cavallero had the journal idea of building a new grow room which brings us to here...

I'd like to get as much input as possible and build it right the first time...

Sooooo let's get at it shall we?

I have 2 possible options that I'm considering...

Option 1) Expand the current operation, from a 5X4 to a 5X10 and raise the ceiling to 7'6" So a substantial expansion...

Option 2) Build a new 8X10 stand alone grow room... from scratch...

Obviously cost is the biggest factor... although what I save in building materials for option 1, I become a slave to hauling H20 and the thought of digging the electrical trench another 50 feet doesn't sound cool in any respect...
To avoid the whole slave to H20 with option 2, it will be built with the intention of having running water inside the following year...

Decisions, decisions...

So now that I've thrown this out there, here are the visuals to bring this all into perspective...

Option 1: This is the current Shed, that contains my current grow room, and where an expansion would occur... The shed is 10X14 and I would turn the back 5' (10' wide) into a new grow room...

Option 2: This is the first floor plan I have come up with and have already seen a few things of concern... but here's a starting point (the window will be a fake window, tinted plexi-glass framed to look like a window... You know... make it look pretty for the Mrs...)...

The current situation...

This is the current shed (Option 1)

I will be putting a 6' wood privacy fence across the back behind the shed and the empty lot behind me...

And up the fence closer to the house and the back deck... The layout for option 2... Right where the tulips are... There used to be a vegetable garden in there but last year the pup I had like to help dig in the garden...all the time... lol... but that outline in the ground will almost be the complete layout...

So... what do you say?

Dude I can't believe I end up being the first one to reply but I definitely have some ideas for you. The first of all as long as you don't mind I'll take the front seat ..... let's get this show on the road LOL.

If it were me, I would definitely take the Standalone unit and do the electrical and water from scratch. 1 winter alone of lugging water back and forth for my plants was enough for me. I am definitely putting in water for this next winter. Not to mention the heat score. If I could put the entrance at a place where people wouldn't suspect me going in and out of it all the time, and you've seen my entrance, something quiet..... That would be my ultimate choice if I did it again.

Things I've learned.....
*Plan for A.C... I got my 4000 BTU unit on Kijiji for $40.
*Plan for 2 seperate circuits (I can supply you with all the 10/4 stranded that you'll need to get you from your panel to your grow area.
*My plugs up high have been a godsend
*I use MH in Veg for winter heat
*water
*seal every joint
*plywood base of frame before R20 min.

8 by 10. Should be an easy build! The rebuild seems a little more labor.... labour intensive. Either way I'm down to check out what you decide P

Not sure of your year round climate, but are you planning on insulating for winter grows?

I use a 50-gallon barrel through the winter...I run the hose over the snow and fill it for use as needed. I spent a winter carrying 5-gallon jugs (for chickens) and it was a hassle.

Not sure why you are messing with the fence if the lot is empty...don't want people seeing you walking to the shed with a big smile every day...:)

Anyway...awesome that you are expanding...life is short...

Dude I can't believe I end up being the first one to reply but I definitely have some ideas for you. The first of all as long as you don't mind I'll take the front seat ..... let's get this show on the road LOL.

If it were me, I would definitely take the Standalone unit and do the electrical and water from scratch. 1 winter alone of lugging water back and forth for my plants was enough for me. I am definitely putting in water for this next winter. Not to mention the heat score. If I could put the entrance at a place where people wouldn't suspect me going in and out of it all the time, and you've seen my entrance, something quiet..... That would be my ultimate choice if I did it again.

You know you got the front row dude... Yah... I have two nosy neighbours so the entrance and coming and going needs to be on the down low... I have my grow lic. but I'm going to keep it from the kids as long as I can, and as far as the neighbours... They are both the social butterflies of the neighbourhood... I don't need the stares lol

Things I've learned.....
*Plan for A.C... I got my 4000 BTU unit on Kijiji for $40.
*Plan for 2 seperate circuits (I can supply you with all the 10/4 stranded that you'll need to get you from your panel to your grow area.
*My plugs up high have been a godsend
*I use MH in Veg for winter heat
*water
*seal every joint
*plywood base of frame before R20 min.
2 separate circuits... I figured that... I was looking at the lights I'm investigating and if I'm gonna do it right... not going to skimp on anything...
I want to be able to have at least a 2 bucket hydro system...Im gonna check out @KCCO 77 system...you said its similar to what I'm gonna look at right? Gonna be a fun project! I am going to officially start in 3 weeks... Its a bit far off but I need to wait for a few other details to come together before I start pulling the trigger on the goods!!

1st page, yes yes. Interested to see how it ends up!. I built a room in my garage its all sealed up and insulated around the sides against the stone walls, the interior wall however is just drywall. I do have tents inside my room though for ease of control etc. I do fully intend on converting my whole room eventually though.

I'm in and watching

Good to have you along Derb!

8 by 10. Should be an easy build! The rebuild seems a little more labor.... labour intensive. Either way I'm down to check out what you decide P

Dabber... I'm thinking you are right... Besides, a stand alone 8X10 grow room... shit...that's what little boys dreams are made of!!

I'm in but way too tired to read all that tonight. Tomorrow I promise!

Glad you are here Shed! Its a long read... a good solid Left hander would do the trick!
howdy mr.P, all comfy this side..... :high-five: see ya laters :popcorn:

Smeeg's! Glad to have you along! Any input is always appreciated!

Not sure of your year round climate, but are you planning on insulating for winter grows?

I use a 50-gallon barrel through the winter...I run the hose over the snow and fill it for use as needed. I spent a winter carrying 5-gallon jugs (for chickens) and it was a hassle.

Not sure why you are messing with the fence if the lot is empty...don't want people seeing you walking to the shed with a big smile every day...:)

Anyway...awesome that you are expanding...life is short...

Hey Blew! Yah I'm about 2 hours north of @Guy Cavallero ... She's gnna be insulated and heated, as I want this to be a year round operation. I have a friend that has asked if I would consider growing for him as well, so I'm throwing it around... I told him any decision would have to wait until my new laboratory was complete but... family is family right?
I'll be growing his meds too...

Its a bit of a bunch of misfits here in the shadows... JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!! Thanks for coming along for the ride!

:Namaste:

:passitleft:

1st page, yes yes. Interested to see how it ends up!. I built a room in my garage its all sealed up and insulated around the sides against the stone walls, the interior wall however is just drywall. I do have tents inside my room though for ease of control etc. I do fully intend on converting my whole room eventually though.

Welcome along @Bilbobudkin420 Any suggestions along the way are always welcome! I'll check out your journals!

I am in. Not much for suggestions as I tend to obsess over plans long term before making a decision. I am here for cheesy poof support
Urb Brother... You are in the right place to support with cheese! lol! :passitleft:

2 separate circuits... I figured that... I was looking at the lights I'm investigating and if I'm gonna do it right... not going to skimp on anything...
I want to be able to have at least a 2 bucket hydro system...Im gonna check out @KCCO 77 system...you said its similar to what I'm gonna look at right? Gonna be a fun project! I am going to officially start in 3 weeks... Its a bit far off but I need to wait for a few other details to come together before I start pulling the trigger on the goods!!
Exactly. Plus @KCCO77 is super closeby you. Im sure he could assist in your new rig. Hes built his as a 3 bucket flower system but is easily expandable in the future.
I'm excited for you brother, this room will kick serious ass!
I'd consider a 2x2 laid on it's side like mine for propagation......its working out INCREDIBLY! You've seen mine, the shadow it makes just becomes your veg area.
Also consider a drain.....something very important that I forgot but will be part of me installing my water lines. You'll NEED to be able to clandestinely expell all that water.

Back
Top Bottom