The Perfect Grow

purplehaze024

hey been lurking around 420 magazine for awhile thought i would finally join and start a journal
looking to set up the perfect room with the help of all of you
heres what i have so far
two 1000 watt hps lights
one 6 inch inline fan
one oscillating fan
2 timers
one a/c
the room size is about 8ft tall 8 ft wide and about 10ft long
not the exact measurements but i will take them later if needed
i also have another room with grow tent i was planning on vegging in grow area in this tent is 4ft by 4ft by 6.8ft
im looking to do a sea of green
any ideas?

I would go with two fans - one to cool the lights and one to provide ventilation.

I would also use two circulating fans - one under each light. This will help to keep the plants cool if they get a little too close to the light.

Many timers are not heavy duty and represent a fire hazard if used with big HPS lights. Please check the rating - most timers are 15A but only 800W. Running a 1000W ballast thru them will fry them quickly and is a bit of a fire hazard.

That is a great sized room for flowering. A 1000W HPS will cover a 5x5 area with adequate light for growing. So your two lights are perfect for the space that you are describing. For sea of green, you may want to consider building a shelf gardening system. Basically, since your plants are going to be small - you can build a set of shelves where the clones are on top... veg in the middle shelf... and mothers on the bottom shelf. If you do a google search - you should get some ideas on how to set this up. Takes up very little space in a grow room.

Everything looks great - good plan all-in-all.

Thanks light addict!

@GREAT life for all
I will defentitly be getting two more fans one more inline for the intake and one more circulating fan to go in front of the other light.
I have two timers both are rated at 1800 watts each but I was thinking about getting one time that can hold both lights.
How many plants do you think I should have under each light?
Oh and I have 3 gallon pots.
The shelf is a great idea thanks! I will denetially be making one.
For the veg room I have a 150 watt hps and a floresent shop light. Think ill need anything else?
Once I get everything going and I have it set up I will be posting pics soon.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom