The perfect LED spectrum

You Mr. Purps, are a first class douchebag!

TTKlaus

well don't say stupid shit like wattage doesn't matter when growing plants indoors. I think we all would be growing under a single incandescent if it were true

I was doing experiments, lol. ( 2inapot)

Im have a 10 day seedling im going to get closer to see the reaction. I crossed my FireOG and that tallest plant genetics of a male, and have 5 thouhsand seeds now. Which, actually was grown under a PerfectSun mini, and it still stretched fast. 44 inches in 44 days 12/12/ start. Its just the genertics is a tallllllll strain. My fireOG was grown undert the Mini, and it got no higher then 14inches. It was the genetics, that kept it small. Plus, i was new.

Man, this is a peacefull hobby, why get hostile.

I dont want to spend alot on power, Im not selllln, I just need meds, and a hobby.

I'm really a happy guy I just come off rough. marine corps in me, and im sure I have Asperger syndrom lol..
seriously though you should have 4 nodes by the time you let yours get one. lower that light and grow more pot. unless you dont want to smoke that much ;)

i dont perfer tight nodes either. If it doesnt get light, because the node above is smoothering it, it cant grow up and out. When you have those big chuncky buds, you also ruin the greater chance of bud rot.

I'm really a happy guy I just come off rough. marine corps in me, and im sure I have Asperger syndrom lol..
seriously though you should have 4 nodes by the time you let yours get one. lower that light and grow more pot. unless you dont want to smoke that much ;)

Thanks for your services Sir. My Bro just retired from the 101,

hey, you were willing to put it on the line man, thanks.

anyways, back to arguing.

Spectrum means sht really, they just want photons, and alot of them.

Please keep it civil guys and chip in with some reasons why you think a certain spectral range is the best for a certain part of the cannabis plant's life cycle :)

We can't efficiently recreate the sun, which is also not just a single set spectrum, it changes throughout the day and the seasons.
As far as I've read the midday high summer sun on a clear day is 5500K 100CRI and around 2000 PPFD, but only for 1-2 hours then the intensity falls and the spectrum goes more towards red 2000K at sunset.

The higher the CRI the lower the luminous flux due to the more phosphor needed to achieve higher CRI levels, so the highest LED possible of 98 CRI would mean a big trade off in efficiency and most likely wouldn't be worth it.
We can add mono diodes of we want higher peaks in certain areas of the spectral range

Based on the sun and the nature of short day plants, I like the idea of building up the intensity of the light and have it peak at the middle of the lights-on cycle for around 2 hours and then let it fade off.

(This thread is not about finding a single CCT for full cycle growing, or about the electrical efficiency of this or that light emitter.

The newest COBs and middle power diodes @ 2700K - 4000K 80CRI - 90CRI @ +800 PPFD corner to corner, will be brilliant for full cycle, and veg beautiful plants and produce massive sparkling flowers.
We're taking it a step further here and at least dividing the season into veg, and flower, and the day into high noon and sunset. Adding transition to flower and sun rise, or even more is most welcome ;)

We have all the components on the market at our disposal for this experiment, we just need to find out what to add, what to skip and most importantly how to apply the right spectrum at a given point in the plant's life cycle/daily cycle

:passitleft: )

Back
Top Bottom