The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Sure I'll have another pull. :passitleft: Thanks Canna. I need to post this on you cooking thread, so how convienient of you to show up right now. Another spooky moment. Lol!

image16893.jpeg

Canna butter stores are replenished. :blunt:

I grew up with "Some days you eat the bear... some days the bear eats you".
Apparently we were bear happy and strange children.

Hahaha! Yesterday that bear attempted to snack on me big time. Lol!

Daily Update: Monday, September 5, 2026

Good evening everyone. Time for the update. Sorry about yesterday, but really....... Yeah.

Lets start with the kit tent today. The Carnivals are now at Day 41.

image16879.jpeg

image16880.jpeg

#2 They look so different from each other it's amazing.

image16881.jpeg

#2 is showing pre flowers. In every respect this one's running ahead of the other. I keep expecting #1 to suddenly catch up.

image16882.jpeg

image16883.jpeg

Into the auto tent. Things look calm in here. Whew! Can't believe how easy it was to get the mites out of here. Tomorrow I'll do the EWC topdressings for the no-tills.

image16894.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto 3 (Day 13) She's no worse for wear. Think I'll plant some fresh scallions in here too. That one on the right looks like a regular onion, it's gotten so big. Lol!

image16896.jpeg

Looking at it it's hard to believe I missed them again, isn't it? The signs were everywhere. This means that plant I lost yesterday was probably infested with them too. Yuck!!!

image16898.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto 2 (Day 23) It's exciting to see her finally taking off.

image16900.jpeg

image16901.jpeg

In the tiny closet Dark Devil Auto 4 (Day 13)

image16902.jpeg

image16903.jpeg

I decided it was time to top her.

image16904.jpeg

I went to peek in the auto tent just now to see if the Industrial Plant has broken the surface yet. No signs of that, but I did spot flowering beginning on the hempy girl.

image16905.jpeg

Right on schedule at the beginning of week 3.

image703.png

That's the brood for the day folks. Thank you so much for stopping to admire and encourage. Thank you also for understanding my fatigue yesterday and the emotional support you showered me with through the mess. Today was much more joyful from beginning to end. Yesterday's chaos helped me find greater joy today. It's all in the perspective. How did your own joyful expression go today?

Alright, time for a good evening buzz. I'll be seeing you around the neighborhood. :ciao: :love:

:Namaste:

o wow just got done catching up sorry bought the accident that sucks and the borg too! On a more positive note your hempy girl is looking real nice!

o wow just got done catching up sorry bought the accident that sucks and the borg too! On a more positive note your hempy girl is looking real nice!

Thanks lexort. The hempy girl never got mites, thank goodness, but she got the same treatment because it makes no sense to take unnecessary risks.

She looks like she's actually gonna do something, doesn't she? I'm wondering if I don't want to just leave her in this pot. I was thinking of transplanting her, but now I'm not so sure I want to disturb her again.

Ya know i wouldn't transplant if i were you. Ive grown decent sized plants (for me atleast lol) in 2L soda bottles that I suppose most people would transplant but seemed to do just fine in the end anyways. Plus since thats an auto i wouldn't be bold enough to risk stunting her further with a transplant (that's out of lack of experience with auto's lol). I honestly think she will be just fine in that hempy, its always been a bit big for my taste anyways lol. My current sour d in flowering was supposed to be a mother plant so early on i put her in a big pot wayyyy bigger then i normally use and well she kept growing so dang much and i trimmed her back twice but in the end i knew she couldn't stay in my veg box and now she barely fits in my flowering box lol. I can get about a month to month and a half veg in a 2L before i need to throw em in flowering and it seems to work out well timing wise. Im glad atleast she was spared from the borg! Wish all your plants were spared! Im gonna stop rambling now lol.

Good morning everyone :love:

First off, thank you Tead and lexort for the encouragement with the hempy. She wanted to say hello.

image16916.jpeg

I've been browsing through my new cookbook, an e-book copy of The Wake and Bake Cookbook and wanted to share a laugh. From Corrine's page on cereal:

"Want to slam dunk your day?
Want to put a jump in your step?
Want to be a f*ckin champion?
Oh... then probably don’t eat weed food in the morning. Want to go to the park and wander around?
Want to contemplate some mysterious sh*t?
Want to find delight in the floating cottonwood pollen? Hell yes. These are fuel for you."

Hahaha! You're welcome. Now, let me roll my ass out of bed at long last. Lol! Some hydro therapy and on with the day. See you in a bit. :ciao: :love:

Awww hell..... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Feelin' pretty good this bright and beautiful day. :battingeyelashes: Get out there and spread that joy guys.

Now that I have a couple of successfully-sprouted autos, I'm taking inspiration from your pic, Sue! :)

What I've learned so far AKgramma, is
1. Feed them properly.
2. With autos go with a more shallow pot (if autos are a good fit, the jury's still out on this).
3. Have patience.

She's 24 days old now, and if hempy pots do indeed cause the growth explosion I'm banking on she stands a good chance of shooting right past everyone else. I'll be glad with whatever she offers, but I've been explaining to her the desire for more than two ounces dry. In time we'll see if she heard me and cared enough to do something about it.

CBD Oil

The 36 hours is up on the slow decarb and extraction of the Med GOM 1.0. This is the oil I'll be using on the scattered patches of psoriasis that have stalled in healing. I now know that the grape seed oil in the cream I was using was complicating the healing. I won't be adding anything to this oil. Coconut oil makes a nice skin moisturizer anyway, so I'll be using it straight.

image16921.jpeg

This is one of the most pleasant-smelling oils I've made so far. Tastes delicious too. Such an easy way to make an infused oil.

image16922.jpeg

What I've learned so far AKgramma, is
1. Feed them properly.
2. With autos go with a more shallow pot (if autos are a good fit, the jury's still out on this).
3. Have patience.

She's 24 days old now, and if hempy pots do indeed cause the growth explosion I'm banking on she stands a good chance of shooting right past everyone else. I'll be glad with whatever she offers, but I've been explaining to her the desire for more than two ounces dry. In time we'll see if she heard me and cared enough to do something about it.

Now I am really confused! I have read in more than one place that the Autos go to flower once their roots hit the bottom. It's like a signal to turn on the flowering phase. Now it seems to me that taller bins will allow more root growth, since that tap root is very vigorous, and that more roots and more veg growth will give more yield.

Yes, I know their flower time is based on their genetic time clock, but environment has a lot to do with how genetics are expressed. I now plant in waste receptacles that are narrow and 14" tall (3 gallons), holes drilled in the bottom (not hempy). I'm hoping that this environment, plus early training, will give me acceptable yields.

Thoughts?

Now I am really confused! I have read in more than one place that the Autos go to flower once their roots hit the bottom. It's like a signal to turn on the flowering phase. Now it seems to me that taller bins will allow more root growth, since that tap root is very vigorous, and that more roots and more veg growth will give more yield.

Yes, I know their flower time is based on their genetic time clock, but environment has a lot to do with how genetics are expressed. I now plant in waste receptacles that are narrow and 14" tall (3 gallons), holes drilled in the bottom (not hempy). I'm hoping that this environment, plus early training, will give me acceptable yields.

Thoughts?

The problem with autos in a tall hempy is that they take too long to hit that deep reservoir. Too much time stunted with an auto means smaller yields.

I think the taller pots are a good idea. Graytail and I were talking about stacked crates at one point, before we realized that we lacked the headroom to pull it off. :laughtwo: Good times. Lol!

Three gallons is sufficient, and deeper might be something the plant responds well to. You can only try and see how it goes. If I had more headroom, I'd be growing in deeper pots.

Back
Top Bottom