The Personal Regimen: Our Community Speaks

I am answering all of these with thoughtfulness.

However I feel a little dumb. Can you please tell me EXACTLY what you mean by "chemovars?"

Thanks
:green_heart:

Sorry ween. I sometimes forget everyone doesn’t use the term yet.

In botany there’s no such thing as a strain. It simply doesn’t exist in the scientific language. Dr. Ethan Russo, aside from being one of the leading brains studying cannabinoids and cannabis therapeutics, is also passionate about the science of botany, and he’s asked that we stop referring to the plants as “strains” and suggested “chemovar” instead, since each plant is an individual expression of molecules and chemistry.

It’s the same with our push to lose the word “marijuana “, which came to be used as a vehicle of prohibition and division, and replace it with cannabis, the name that the plant had before Aslinger and Hearst went to such extremes to vilify it.

Since I heard Dr. Russo’s talk a couple years back I haven’t been able to call them “strains.”

Could "cultivar" be used interchangeably? Or would the cultivar be used only when speaking about breeding? (I know the definitions but...) The terms get confusing. I just say "strain" because more often than not, folks don't understand those terms in my non-internet world. Gets to be a habit that carries over to here.

Could "cultivar" be used interchangeably? Or would the cultivar be used only when speaking about breeding? (I know the definitions but...) The terms get confusing. I just say "strain" because more often than not, folks don't understand those terms in my non-internet world. Gets to be a habit that carries over to here.

Cultivar is completely acceptable. It refers to the particular characteristics of the chosen plant. Cultivar and chemovar are interchangeable.

Cultivar is completely acceptable. It refers to the particular characteristics of the chosen plant. Cultivar and chemovar are interchangeable.
Thanks Sue.

here goes
* Why do you personally use cannabis? I use cannabis for pain relief, for staving off opioid use, for hunger, certain strains for energy, certain to chill, and then of course, I do so love to be high. THAT helps with anxiety and depression and other mental/emotional issues.
I have had Lupus with kidney involvement since I'm 12 years old.
Been on and off dialysis since. Have been doing it full time at home with Ween since 2010, and prior to that I had a transplant for 8 years.
With Lupus Nephritis, as it's called, I've developed many other health issues along the way; vascular up the waz, heart, gastro, neuropathy, psoriatic & rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and a chronic infection that I've been able to keep at bay for close to 2 years now (thanks {I believe} in part to the antibacterial/antifungal effects of the coconut oil I've been ingesting)

* How long have you been using cannabis? For about 25 years. started junior year of high school

* List any medications you’ve reduced or discontinued with cannabis use. Vicodin/Percocet, Tylenol, Xanax,

* If you use cannabis to treat chronic pain, how would you rate the level of relief you’re getting? I would rate pain relief, 9/10. Once you get to a point in life when you realize that your pain will never be a 0/10 (the medical field's general description of pain for people.) When I'm good about taking my oil on point, my general pain level is about 3 or 4, with high levels of energy. Without it, it's easily a daily 7/8, with low energy levels. With opioids, my pain level never got below 4/5. and I got a little carried away with them. I just don't feel like that can happen with canna anything.

* What administration methods have you tried? I have cooked/baked with it, made oil; with coconut/olive/pumpkin seed/walnut, taken in coffee, or just a "shot" or 2 during the day, I use a bowl, joint, or my fave; The Volcano for combustibles, capsules (not my fave by far {{{ick,}}}) 2 different types of tincture.
BTW: after I've used the bud in the volcano, it gets to a point, where you don't want to inhale it anymore, as it's already served its use. THAT is actually then decarbed bud, which is perfect for using in oil making. It's actually the best stuff I've ever made with the "tailings," from the Volcano. I think bc it's thoroughly and properly decarbed?

* What administration method/s work best for you? Definitely combusting or infused coconut oil.

* What chemovar/s work for you? What makes them favorites? I really enjoyed Blue Dream for pain relief. Also, and most recently; Sweet Pink Stink for chillin, and Coked Out Girl Scout for everyday everything.

* What chemovars don’t work for you? What experience caused you to discard them as an option? Not really. Obviously, I use different chemovars for different times of day. I would not use a "daytime," at night for instance. However, if I was having a particularly bad day, I would take a "nighttime," in the day, if I was planning on just hanging out in bed for the better part of a day.

* Describe in detail your personal regimen. Walk me through a typical day of cannabis use. I’m hoping for the fine details, when you take your first dose, how much you dose, what you eat before or after a dose, how cannabis use augments fitness and movement, dose cannabinoid values and ratios if you know them.....all of it.
Alrighty…..this took a bit of self actualization; 3 out of 7 days, I'm a wake and bake. I have some vapor, smoke with my coffee. I would say 2 bag full from the Volcano, or 2 small bowls full; a "session." The other days, for whatever reason, I'll wait a few hours before I partake. About midday, if I'm on point with it, I'll take some oil, usually with coffee number 2, which is generally accompanied by a "session."
Then, kind of on and off all day. Switch to nighttime meds around 7pm or so, if we're in for the night, or if we're out and about, stick with the "uppier" stuff, until we get home. About 4 or 5, I take my second (or if I'm less on point, first) dose of oil, which amounts to I would say about 2 tablespoons to a shotglass of oil. If I'm having an especially tough day, with being able to eat, I'll take some more oil, while I'm cooking, in hopes, that by the time I serve, I'll be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
I always try to have something acidic and or fatty with my oil doses. I believe it makes it work better.

I can always move my body better, the way a human body is supposed to be able to move, when I'm oiled up, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing yoga while stoned. It REALLY helps me center. I always med up before I do anything that will require physicality. It energizes me in a way speed, or opioids ever did.
And, really no idea about cannabinoid values. I'm pretty sure, since everything we have is hybrid, that there isn't a lot of CBD in our plants, but one never knows, unless it can be tested, anyways, does one?

I would most certainly consider myself a heavy user. Most def a stoner. The only time I don't smoke, is while driving. It's just not worth it, at this point in my life. So, for example, I'm driving about 500 miles in a couple of weeks. I will not be smoking at all during those, 8-10 hours. But I guess I will have oil or gummies on hand.

I guess I'm habitually addicted. I'd like to take a tolerance break, but it's quite difficult. After the 500 miles though, for 5 days, I'll be with fam who doesn't appreciate the finer things of my medicine. So I'll be most definitely, using WAY WAY less. I'm kinda looking forward to it actually.

Also, if you don’t mind this last question:

Do you work a full time job outside the home? I do not.

Apparently it works pretty well. Glad I finally made it over here Ween's Boss. :hug: An insightful view into your personal use. It made my smile broaden to read of the pain control cannabis offers you. I wouldn't consider being addicted, more dependent, if anything, and when you're upholding your social responsibilities "dependent" becomes a judgement call.

Using a wide variety of chemovars and multiple methods of administration can help limit the potential for tolerance levels becoming problematic. You use diversified medicines, and you're getting better at making better medicines and finding other methods of administration with every try. It's been a joy to watch you get excited about cannabis therapeutics. Do you ever chew buds? Just curious. :battingeyelashes:

Topicals must be your best friend. :hug: And hey...I love getting righteously high and doing Callanetics. Lol! Had a session today that was extraordinary in my ability to relax and extend. I chalk it up to THC.

So I'm compelled to ask, what was it about capsules that you found so unappealing?

High guys:ciao:

Sue, thank you for inviting me:hug: This is interesting and i'll try to be as free in my writing as i can. Dank god i just had a nice smoke :battingeyelashes:

The Questions

Be as detailed as you can, as wordy as you feel the need. If you use cannabis for recreation only then share that. The questions apply to everyone.

* Why do you personally use cannabis?

I happen to have a small collection of things. The most dominant ones are: Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos, MCAD, Autonomic Dysfuncitia, Deep Sleep Parasomnia, IBS, ADHD, Depressions, Anxiety, Lack of appetite and a lot of join/nerve pains.

* How long have you been using cannabis?

When i was around 15 i started smoking for fun and this continued till about 3 years ago as a hobby. Since those 3 years my body got sicker and my dosing became more of a need then a want. The Ehlers Danlos comes with the unique ability to not respond to regular pain medicine, Cannabis really was my only choice.

* List any medications you’ve reduced or discontinued with cannabis use.

Over the years over the years, Doctors have tried about every painkiller available. Since some of my indications are rare, Lots of doctors fastly go to the "between your ear's " Even hormone bandages didnt work. (not sure what they were expecting).

* If you use cannabis to treat chronic pain, how would you rate the level of relief you’re getting?

Its about 1/3th to 2/3 less then without medication. I'm always in pain, but its ablsolutely doable with Cannabis. To be more specific it drops from a 9 to a 6

* What administration methods have you tried?

Smoking, Edible's, Capsules, Soap, Balm, Tincture, milk.

* What administration method/s work best for you?

Wel the smoking is done with tobacco in The Netherlands. Its a thing we did since way back and before really getting my interest in our beloved medicine, i didnt knew people smoke pure to:hmmmm:. Since the price is high, and so is my consumption(getting there in a while) it's a matter of time before my jars are full enough to ban the tobacco for good. For now its the most direct and fast way to get relief when i wake up. Also i take capsules on a daily base(if i think about it) and from time to time i have a brownie, infused steak or anything i can come up with. Using my own infused soap in the shower, my body jumpstart just that little more and that's when i noticed micro dosing could be interesting. Beside this i take canna coffee when i feel like it.

I can't give a exact number on how i dose, but its trueout the day and depending what smoke i have available.

* What chemovar/s work for you? What makes them favorites?

Painkillers for me:

-Chocolate Mint OG, High potent indica that gives a big pain relief with a coutchlock i could not fight against hehe. It was so strong that it did got me a little "paranoid" from time to time. I had it under control but it was a balance on the edge.

-GG4 Real nice painkiller to and opening the jar made my noisehair crawl back... the same overwhelming smell i got fromn the CMOG.

CBD, Depending on the strain or oil i have. The OGKush10 really seem to do me good.

Apetite:

Def a Sativa for me, The medical one i have from the pharmacy does the trick on that mostly.

Energy-Sativa (high potency)

Sleep- Indica (high potency).

* What chemovars don’t work for you? What experience caused you to discard them as an option?

Most lower potency strains seems to have less effect, Interesting enough most chronic pain patients benefit from a lower dose. For me its the more i dose the more normal i feel most of the times. Dosing low amounts of high potency is my way to go. If i didnt gave up drinking i would be a whisky guy by now;)

* Describe in detail your personal regimen. Walk me through a typical day of cannabis use. I’m hoping for the fine details, when you take your first dose, how much you dose, what you eat before or after a dose, how cannabis use augments fitness and movement, dose cannabinoid values and ratios if you know them.....all of it.

This is a hard one for me. It's not a solid thing yet. As my days are totally different i cant say there is a scedule or planning. Mostly i like to start with cbd/sativa in the morning. Sativa makes my brain narrow the toughts from 100 to 10. Also it wont push me into "bleh" the rest of the day as a indica might do.

Halfway true the day its mostly indica i smoke and cbd is low but there in drops. If i'm in alot of pain i'll mix some Indica true the Sativa.. This is something i have to feel. Due to my sleep disorder my energy levels can be extremely low, smoking a fat Indica doesnt help me true the day at those moments.

My evenings and nights are Indica, if available... Sativa helps but keeps me to focussed on those lesser toughts that it might keep me up, Man its rocket science at some days:rofl:

the indica gives me more of that body relaxing feeling and it keeps me in my chair. Lets say hypermobile joints and ADHD aint the best combination ever created... Sort of a Ferrari with all bolts a little loose... Looks fine, drives like a real bad go kart haha.

Also, if you don’t mind this last question:

Do you work a full time job outside the home? and if so How do you commute to work?

I used to work fulltime, always did hard labour and loved to work. Since my conditions got worse and i am soon bound to a wheelchair, working isnt really possible anymore. What i do believe is that one day we all live in a legalized world, A small Spirit Bakery with Spirit Genetics on the counter is my dream:circle-of-love:

My car,bike and mountainbike are sold since i cant use them anymore. It does mean i dont have a limit, traffic wise.

I'm curious to see how everyone is filling in this form. It does give a nice overview. Well done Sue!

Thanks NaturalSpirit. That was wonderfully insightful. :hug: My hope is that this growing list will help the novice trust the safety of the process and get all of us thinking about ways we can fine-tune our own regimens.

You mentioned canna coffee? Can you elaborate please?

Not sure how Natural Spirit does it, but I just use put RSO in hot coffee and add half and half or creamer as soon as all of the oil is floating, stir and drink. Not part of my daily regimen, but works great for getting the residual oil out of my syringes.

Coffee with a sativa RSO makes my body actually buzz, not like oh I have a body buzz, but more like my body is buzzing (almost a vibration throughout my entire self) and I need things to do right away.

Thanks NaturalSpirit. That was wonderfully insightful. :hug: My hope is that this growing list will help the novice trust the safety of the process and get all of us thinking about ways we can fine-tune our own regimens.

You mentioned canna coffee? Can you elaborate please?

This is just my oil (coco or avocado) in the coffee. The creamer, mentioned below works great to keep that oil from sticking to the mug. Because of this i now drink milk in my coffee again:battingeyelashes: My way of dosing is completely depending on my mood. Some weeks i have two a day and sometimes i skip a week. Remember you had the brownie a day? it got my attention when you were writing in your journal about the half one :)

Not sure how Natural Spirit does it, but I just use put RSO in hot coffee and add half and half or creamer as soon as all of the oil is floating, stir and drink. Not part of my daily regimen, but works great for getting the residual oil out of my syringes.

Coffee with a sativa RSO makes my body actually buzz, not like oh I have a body buzz, but more like my body is buzzing (almost a vibration throughout my entire self) and I need things to do right away.

I like fanleaf oil in my coffee. Most of the times the buzz is already there when i drink it so its more of a support, great taste and little extra notch:slide:Have you noticed difference in oil,edible and the way you dose? in my steak it seems to work a little different in effect then when i add it to the coffee. Maybe the fats in the steak work with it? I find different ways of dosing comforting in different ways.

Have you noticed difference in oil,edible and the way you dose? in my steak it seems to work a little different in effect then when i add it to the coffee. Maybe the fats in the steak work with it? I find different ways of dosing comforting in different ways.

It’s good to see I make an impression. Lol!

The food you eat and when you eat it in relation to your dose has a dramatic effect on how the meds hit. More fat = faster onset and stronger effect. The fat helps the cannabinoids get absorbed faster and because of that they hit the liver faster and get metabolized, at which point THC becomes more potent.

White meat chicken won’t have as intense an effect as dark meat. Worth remembering.

Eating before a dose slows down the onset some and tempers the initial euphoric sensations. Take a dose on an empty stomach and it may upset the stomach some or get you much higher than you wanted.

I like fanleaf oil in my coffee. Most of the times the buzz is already there when i drink it so its more of a support, great taste and little extra notch:slide:Have you noticed difference in oil,edible and the way you dose? in my steak it seems to work a little different in effect then when i add it to the coffee. Maybe the fats in the steak work with it? I find different ways of dosing comforting in different ways.
Big differences. I enjoy canna coconut oil in place of butter on my grilled cheese sandwiches or use it for frying eggs.

Frying seems to give me 100% activated cannabinoids and sometimes I swear like I can feel them hitting me before I swallow the food. RSO in hot coffee does the same to me.

I make stem butter for use in the evening. Seems to make the wife and I awfully sleepy, not really stoned. Works well to shut the mind off.

I switched to coconut oil for most edibles because my body seems to absorb the cannabinoids better. Recently we have had RSO available for a great price right at the corner store so as long as I have 10-15 bucks I have oil for a week. Just put a dollop on my finger and eat it.

I have to be careful with edibles in the house due to the heathens that live here with me ( my dear children)...

Can you share how you make that stem butter? I’m wondering what your ratios of ingredients work out to.

It just occurred to me that I have no sativa oil on hand at all. How do I let these things happen? :oops:

It’s good to see I make an impression. Lol!

The food you eat and when you eat it in relation to your dose has a dramatic effect on how the meds hit. More fat = faster onset and stronger effect. The fat helps the cannabinoids get absorbed faster and because of that they hit the liver faster and get metabolized, at which point THC becomes more potent.

White meat chicken won’t have as intense an effect as dark meat. Worth remembering.

Eating before a dose slows down the onset some and tempers the initial euphoric sensations. Take a dose on an empty stomach and it may upset the stomach some or get you much higher than you wanted.

You absolutely make alot of good impressions dear Sue, Thats the reason people like you so much(besides the fact that you grow gorgeous plants)

I did knew about fat and the uptake of THC, tough i havent went "down the rabbit hole"on this one. Its interesting to see how even food can change how we feel... for sure something to dive into soon :)

Big differences. I enjoy canna coconut oil in place of butter on my grilled cheese sandwiches or use it for frying eggs.

Frying seems to give me 100% activated cannabinoids and sometimes I swear like I can feel them hitting me before I swallow the food. RSO in hot coffee does the same to me.

I make stem butter for use in the evening. Seems to make the wife and I awfully sleepy, not really stoned. Works well to shut the mind off.

I switched to coconut oil for most edibles because my body seems to absorb the cannabinoids better. Recently we have had RSO available for a great price right at the corner store so as long as I have 10-15 bucks I have oil for a week. Just put a dollop on my finger and eat it.

I have to be careful with edibles in the house due to the heathens that live here with me ( my dear children)...

Ooh did you realise you might just hit gold here? If you got sleepy from the stem oil, it might be that the terpenes,thrich's and so have a different profile? Besides some other things i have Deep Sleep Parasomnia. This means i have alot of trouble falling alseep, It's nearly impossible for me to hit REM sleep and waking up... Well 8 alarms mostly do the trick;)

After this post i am going to separate the stems to see if i can create stemoil. Also ive seen a wicked DIY on making a pipe from your own stems:circle-of-love:

Thank you for sharing, you might helped me to get some more sleep:adore:

Can you share how you make that stem butter? I’m wondering what your ratios of ingredients work out to.

It just occurred to me that I have no sativa oil on hand at all. How do I let these things happen? :oops:

Yes please the recipe would be lovely:yahoo:

Its a thing Sue.. i was growing one Indica and it got me worried i would not have enough Sativa... now i was "swimming" in sativa beans and i had to buy some indica's:rolleyes:o_O It's probably the same thing as not having enough beans? we all do for a few years.. but that one strain....:cool:

I haven't made any since switching to coconut oil. I usually use about an ounce of finely chopped stems to 2 sticks of butter. I make it with the old stovetop method...

•In a saucepan I add water, stems, butter. Bring to a boil, then down to a nice mellow simmer. I stir often, making sure I dont brown the butter to the sides. I also add water as the level drops.

• That goes on for an hour and a half or so. Then strain the fluid into a stainless steel mixing bowl, toss in the fridge overnight.

• In the morning peel the layer of butter off of the water, blot the water off of the bottom of the slab, store in the fridge...

I dont have any dosing guidelines, maybe 2 tsp??? No real high, just relaxing.

Works better for my wife than myself, but my insomnia is a different kind of monster (Impossible to fall asleep before my body gives out, no REM, no dreams, sleeping longer than 4 hours straight through is a real accomplishment)

Back
Top Bottom