The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

My wife & I harvest together a bunch.

Most times, we just post up in our recliners with a cookie sheet or bowl in our lap. Watch a ball game & trim. It's quite peaceful.
:thumb:
I feel that one P. We tend to spread out and stick a movie on to pretend to watch. Always dread one of the kids waking up and coming downstairs though. Hard enough stopping the middle girl(4) from joining me in the loft everytime she sees a ladder up. Tried blagging her with " I am building a rocket up there and it is too dangerous for her to join me" , she replied " Is it in those trees Daddy ?" . !!!!. bloody kids.lol

Pogs fallen soldier samples. Very impressed for a non cured , fast dried example of things to come.
20190904_101528.jpg

Update : After forgetting to turn the timer off ,they got another days light to enjoy. lol. I did take the cookie Kush and Gz#4 out and into the dark for harvest tomorrow. This has made space but the floppy Gz are all over the place now. nightmare to arrange and i am relieved it wont matter about light position to bud whilenthey settle into the dark period for 24 hours tomorrow night. Did find a little more budrot in a gz but not enough to worry . Took some pics to show where they are at size wise and prior to their timely deaths. The Os could still keep goi g and looks lime a second flush is kicking off in her now ??. She looks huge and heavy with buds as do #1 + 3 of the Gz. All the buds look so beautiful too. Roll on the harvest and samplings
20190901_200839.jpg
20190901_200745.jpg
20190901_200655.jpg
20190901_200337.jpg
20190901_200330.jpg
20190901_200149.jpg
20190901_195726.jpg
20190901_195707.jpg
20190901_193758.jpg
Hey GG! The plants are crazy! Seems you got the floppy GZ issue too. They really do need full support lol. Probably the weakest stemmed plant I've ever had the pleasure of growing. They really make up for it though and taste amazing and have a knockout stone. Good to see things are coming on nicely for ya. Hope you're well my friend!
:passitleft:

Hey GG! The plants are crazy! Seems you got the floppy GZ issue too. They really do need full support lol. Probably the weakest stemmed plant I've ever had the pleasure of growing. They really make up for it though and taste amazing and have a knockout stone. Good to see things are coming on nicely for ya. Hope you're well my friend!
:passitleft:
Hey Prof. good to pinch some time mate ,thank you. all going good with the harvesting now too. 2 gz , pog and cookie kush all trimmed up and hanging. The others are still good to keep on i think and the Os could well be on a second pistil flush ?. Waiting her out a day or two more before any action on her.
not been in to check yet today and love the build up to checking rhem now.lol
heres a couple of the pog and gz#2 .Not show stoppers but should smoke nice. gutted i starved pog of calmag when she needed it most. foolish error costing yield i think. Need to be a lot more brutal on the larf too.
20190905_003106.jpg
20190905_003058.jpg
20190905_003029.jpg
20190905_002937.jpg
20190905_002840.jpg
20190904_195929.jpg
20190904_195924.jpg
20190904_195803.jpg
20190904_195747.jpg

Update flowering day 55: It didnt feel fair to leave the remaining ladies out of the fun for photos so here we are.
The os has new white pistils i a few places now and not only the tops so i dont think it is light stress or heat. According to the days count from flowering , she still has 5 days till her intended 60 days finish time. I do intend to leave her at least u til then as i need to know if going by actual flowering is more accurate than from flip. This has been driving me nuts. No matter who i ask and reasonings for their conclusions , it still falls short of a definitive answer. tried google too!!. Rhe Gz look so ready without a trich check ( damn batteries gone in the microscope!!) . They both want to collapse under their bud weights and next time i do any ape family, they will be caned up way before a flip happens. Their sheer size compared to the other two, its hard to believe its just a pheno difference and not a whole different strain. I plan on them coming out in the next few days for their 48 hrs dark period. This will give the Os and hulkberry all the light for about a week. should bring the lowers into the fight hopefully.
I am getting fade now that i have just used plain water for the last feed. gives them a start on their stores ready for the end !!!
Any thoughts on the flowering time issue greatly appreciated from the folks i love and trust here. come on guys ,lets hear em !
20190905_131624.jpg
20190905_131604.jpg
20190905_131545.jpg
20190905_131535.jpg
20190905_131348.jpg
20190905_131253.jpg
20190905_131230.jpg
20190905_131136.jpg
20190905_131044.jpg

Congrats on the harvests,GG...and the remaining plants look delicious!
Any thoughts on the flowering time issue
I start counting from the time I see new pistils after the flip-if there were a few existing pre flowers,they don't count-
I just watch closely for any new ones that start popping out after the flip,when I see them starting, that's flowering day 1, which has been 4 days after 12/12 on my last 2 grows.
Not necessarily the right way to do it,but that's my method.

Hey Gigiddy what a beautiful looking haul!
Might have to respectfully observe a minute’s silence here for the p.og.
There’s your bouquet, maestro!
Flowers and timing - what do we know about this? Ladies will just be ready when they are ready and there’s nothing anyone can do.
No-one ever goes by the breeder’s notes anyway, as far as I can tell.

Nice bud shots Gg. I usually count day one from the day I flip I just find it easier to keep track. I always go at least a week after breeders timelines and check with my loupe for my first ambers. The Os kinda forced my hand from the bud rot showing up didn't really get a chance to check trichs on her but was near 9 weeks by the time I chopped her. Good luck with the rest of your harvest buddy.

Hey GG! everyone has their own slightly differing way of gauging the timeline. I do the same as N420 and day 1 is after their first 12 hour dark period. If I do it that way then most of my plants are ready in around 9 weeks from the flip, pistils start appearing in the first 1 to 2 weeks and we usually have full budsites developing by the beginning of week 3.

Here's the Barneys Farm Blue Gelato 41's on the 46th day since the flip to 12/12. These will be close to the breeders recommended harvest time. It's been plain sailing with these since the earlier incident. I'm looking forward to chopping them up and seeing if I missed any pollen sacks. I think I got them all....
ORG_DSC05349.JPG
ORG_DSC05350.JPG
ORG_DSC05353.JPG
ORG_DSC05354.JPG

Congrats on the harvests,GG...and the remaining plants look delicious!

I start counting from the time I see new pistils after the flip-if there were a few existing pre flowers,they don't count-
I just watch closely for any new ones that start popping out after the flip,when I see them starting, that's flowering day 1, which has been 4 days after 12/12 on my last 2 grows.
Not necessarily the right way to do it,but that's my method.
That makes good sense Cass. I had a couple that had started to show after about 3 days but went with " definite " flowers which i think i was too generous and has me guessing now. Usually did it from flip ( in vain attempt to make it finish quicker !!!) and then spent the last 2 weeks imagining amber trichs .lol Tried it this way now and like the way they look but.... has created its own dilemmas now. lol. Thanks for the input Cass. much appreciated mate.

Hey Gigiddy what a beautiful looking haul!
Might have to respectfully observe a minute’s silence here for the p.og.
There’s your bouquet, maestro!
Flowers and timing - what do we know about this? Ladies will just be ready when they are ready and there’s nothing anyone can do.
No-one ever goes by the breeder’s notes anyway, as far as I can tell.
Hehe great answer mate. thank you. and sadly true of the breeders notes. i have conflicting flowering times for the hulkberry too. depends where you read about the strain sometimes too. I had a " ready in 7 weeks" previously that was a monster at 11 weeks and smoked perfect. would have been shit at 7 weeks and the buds were nowhere near ready. The bullshit worked as i bought the seeds !!!. lol

Nice bud shots Gg. I usually count day one from the day I flip I just find it easier to keep track. I always go at least a week after breeders timelines and check with my loupe for my first ambers. The Os kinda forced my hand from the bud rot showing up didn't really get a chance to check trichs on her but was near 9 weeks by the time I chopped her. Good luck with the rest of your harvest buddy.
Thanks mate. I do think the os is a great strain but the rot is a killer. buds are amazing but so dense they need constant airflow all over. I have managed to get the rot out and keep it at bay with the milk spray and lower R.h. was determined to get her to finish after seeing Profs beauty and my Blue Gelato misery too. lol
I bet your o.s is nearly smokable now ?.
I have a microscope that i use for trichs but had left it switched on and flattened the batteries , sods law when i needed it!!
Thanks N

Hey GG! everyone has their own slightly differing way of gauging the timeline. I do the same as N420 and day 1 is after their first 12 hour dark period. If I do it that way then most of my plants are ready in around 9 weeks from the flip, pistils start appearing in the first 1 to 2 weeks and we usually have full budsites developing by the beginning of week 3.

Here's the Barneys Farm Blue Gelato 41's on the 46th day since the flip to 12/12. These will be close to the breeders recommended harvest time. It's been plain sailing with these since the earlier incident. I'm looking forward to chopping them up and seeing if I missed any pollen sacks. I think I got them all....
ORG_DSC05349.JPG
ORG_DSC05350.JPG
ORG_DSC05353.JPG
ORG_DSC05354.JPG
They are finishing up nicely Prof. wait till you try some !!. the early harvest one had me wobbled!. Thanks for the input mate and in the past this is the way i counted too. Changed it for this grow to see how using full flower start times out but much prefer the old way.lol lesson learnt not to reinvent the wheel now. hoped it would avoid the "waiting for trichs" for 2 weeks.lol
Gz coming out today but leaving the hulk and Os a few more days yet. Your girl was a biggie and her yield was great too. hoping mine will be the yield saving one along with the last 2 gz. Always get the jitters over yield but this time i need to justify my conversion to L.E.D . I have the calmag and overcrowding to blame if its shit so not too bad.lol Never had 1gpw in hps ever anyway.!!
Thanks mate

So here we are again another days update. The 4 drying are doing good with a nice rh and air flow in their dying box. managed to fit the pog and gz in too now so will bring a little moisture back into the slow dry hopefully. The 1st 2 are showing signs of being ready to jar but i wanted a longer dry so it will help achieve that goal. The remaining gz still have some lowers finishing off too so a few more days to give them a chance too i think. been watering with ph 6.0 only too and rhey are starting to fade nicely now. Os is going strong still amd looks like she is having her second flower flush. I hope to be all done by Thursday coming.
20190907_120926.jpg
20190907_120917.jpg
20190907_120833.jpg
20190907_120811.jpg
20190907_120609.jpg
20190907_120631.jpg
20190907_120407.jpg
20190906_150203.jpg
20190906_150150.jpg

Good stuff Gg. Out of your 4 GZ were the phenos quite similar or did you see/smell a lot of differences.
I do have different phenos with them. they seem total opposites on their structures with 2 being huge and the other 2 squat amd hardly any stretch. L
all 4 are quadlined ,fed and in the same par range for light yet grew so different The bigger 2 have a lot wider node spacing for buds which makes up their size difference but all of the budsets up close are identical to each other just in different lengths of cola. They smell so candy sweet too which is mirrored through all of them. The smaller ones did seem to be at their end too amd ready for the harvest but the bigger girls do look like they want to go on a little longer.

Really nice looking buds GG. Congrats on your harvest.
:thumb:
Thank you. hoping to have them all done and out before the council want access !!. up against the clock now.

I do have different phenos with them. they seem total opposites on their structures with 2 being huge and the other 2 squat amd hardly any stretch. L
all 4 are quadlined ,fed and in the same par range for light yet grew so different The bigger 2 have a lot wider node spacing for buds which makes up their size difference but all of the budsets up close are identical to each other just in different lengths of cola. They smell so candy sweet too which is mirrored through all of them. The smaller ones did seem to be at their end too amd ready for the harvest but the bigger girls do look like they want to go on a little longer.
I am seeing similar phenos. I have two that are taller and one that just seems to enjoy being Short and fat.

Back
Top Bottom