The Physicist's Indoor Soil Vanilla Frosting

Well, I thought about that too, I water every 24 hours but they are always an inch dry into the soil and there is always 5% runoff so I assumed that just meant they were taking in and transpiring at a steady rate?

Considered that as well :/ lights are at 18” from the main cola in the center which would receive the highest PPFD and intensity, but the curling is more “intense” lets say at the edges of the plant rathe than center

Okay I looked into this leaf curling a lot... I believe its Potassium excess. This makes sense because each watering I’ve also given Terpinator and Sugaree which are 0-0-4 and 0-0-2 respectively. Potassium excess leads to leaf curl and some spotting at early signs. Leaf tips should start burning and ive seen a small amount of it on a few fan leaves.
Going to cut back the potassium and watering with additives. I’ll keep that to feeding time instead now.

I didnt catch it was potassium excess because I had been giving extra cal-mag and grow big still because mid flowering so the onset was very slow. It makes more sense now i think. Excess potassium hinders nitrogen and cal mag uptake

Ok what about lights being too close, that can cause them to drop away from the light.
Bro my Vanilla Frosting is literally slapping against the LED lights and its growing like a jungle monster. When it comes to Nutrients less is more. I water EVERY OTHER DAY. RO water none the less. BECAUSE I GO HAM ON MY SOIL SCIENCE. Good luck even understanding how I load and flush my soil.

Attachments

• Photo on 5-4-20 at 11.16 PM.jpg
    Photo on 5-4-20 at 11.16 PM.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom