The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Hi Im Lowrider and Im now a Quadliner, but went more nuts and am trying the sextliner.... I think I need help...
Poor Pineapple Chunk Poly.....
Mwahahahaha...

Hi Im Lowrider and Im now a Quadliner, but went more nuts and am trying the sextliner.... I think I need help...
Poor Pineapple Chunk Poly.....
Mwahahahaha...
Training is an addiction! The world just doesn't feel right when plants just grow normal. Good to see you around this thread Low! Where's the #Quadsquad tag? ;)

Oh and something I've thought of as well for everyone. If you have the #Quadsquad tag in your signature (Anyone who is trying quadlining at all can put it up!) you should link it to this community thread so if new people click on the tag it will bring them here for good information!

If you don't know how to do that then edit signature, highlight #Quadsqaud tag and then hit insert link and copy and paste the address to this community thread there. I did it to my tag if anyone wanted to see how it works.

Im lucky I can reply.... Looking forward to some quadlining, just waiting for bit more growth....good thread though.

I think this is a great idea and I'll contribute to this when I get my next grow going. I never really have payed attention to it to date. I think it's a great topic and might find some similar things across the board.
I’m glad you agree Ase! After a decent sample size of different plants from different growers, hopefully we can find some useful data. I’ve always just snipped the weaker looking ones without paying much attention. I did notice on one of the last plants that the branch I split had less “keeper” shoots than the others. I’m sure that from my own doing tho. Lol. Master of splitting branches here.

I removed the lower branches from my Black Cherry O’s and Pugsbreath a few days ago. Will see if they are ready to be topped tomorrow.

Morning guys I'll def get in on this one..... :snowboating:

BlackCream auto.....

image.jpeg

She's getting the shackles put on today...

Just getting a few ready to quadline by topping them, will clean up lowers in a day or two.
I also want to use this style to preseve my mums in a compact form for clones as well as for a few yielders in bigger pots....hehe.....later...

For now, my poly Pineapple Chunk, fluke clone of a one off branch on plant....

WP_20190426_19_51_48_Pro_LI.jpg

Then we got the Pineapple chunk spare, Gelat OG, White Widow and Peyote Critical, all getting a similiar quadline topping....

WP_20190426_19_56_52_Pro_LI.jpg
WP_20190426_19_58_29_Pro_LI.jpg

So starts my Quadliner adventure.....

LR72.

Thank you for starting this.
That's some collection of photos you have.
They brought me back 40 years to when I found my older brother's mag stash. Lol
Really the flowering phase of quadlining is pretty boring but you get to see all the training pay off in the end. You can see in the last picture how nice a big the colas get and how even everything pretty much stays.

This is true. But it frees up a lot of time to keep an eye another things.

The biggest advantage I find is in the trimming.
20190426_030948.jpg
20190412_032537.jpg
20190412_032515.jpg

:thanks:

I'll go and edit my signature so my #quadsquad will link back here.

I have a question.
Going to up pot my three quads.
Can I put it in deep and cover up nodes one and two?
I think it should be fine DV! But maybe someone else can chime in before you listen to me. Lol

I have a question.
From my experience, I’ve not had a problem to transplant our plants deeper than they were initially. I do recall reading that planting your transplants deeper encourages more root growth similar to how a tomato plant reacts when you transplant as deep as possible. I don’t know how true that is, however I’ve never had a problem doing this. It would be good to know if it is a fact that the pot plant develops more roots above the original planting depth when transplanted deeply.

From my experience, I’ve not had a problem to transplant our plants deeper than they were initially. I do recall reading that planting your transplants deeper encourages more root growth similar to how a tomato plant reacts when you transplant as deep as possible. I don’t know how true that is, however I’ve never had a problem doing this. It would be good to know if it is a fact that the pot plant develops more roots above the original planting depth when transplanted deeply.

I have a question.

Yes as @hedzenmedz mentioned it can be done, I do it all the time with my tomato’s and cannabis. They love it. There was a conversation about this last week somewhere... I think in @InTheShed s journal.... but the conclusion was yes burying further does promote new root growth.

You guys have really peaked my attention. I read that hydro or coco will be better for quadlining but is anyone in here using soil with good results and how long do you usually veg your plants for? I am using supersoil and really like the quality of the nugs I get and would prefer to not change medium. Thanks for the input. Take it easy -jodyhighrollr

You guys have really peaked my attention. I read that hydro or coco will be better for quadlining but is anyone in here using soil with good results and how long do you usually veg your plants for? I am using supersoil and really like the quality of the nugs I get and would prefer to not change medium. Thanks for the input. Take it easy -jodyhighrollr
I grow in soil and have had good results so far. All the process is the same except maybe takes just a hair longer to recover than it would in coco.

Following this and absorbing all the knowledge I can. Still debating trying to quadline my first grow or not (Gelato, zkittles and Amnesia-nl autoflowers in 5gal fabric pots with promix hp under a mars sp-250 in a 2x4x7 tent)
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Back
Top Bottom