The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Awesome tutorial. I am new around here and am definitely going to try this method for my 1st indoor grow in over 20 yrs. This plant is 14 days old today, should I start to remove the bottom 2 nodes now or wait for a couple of more days. The strain is Barneys Farm Phantom OG. TIA for recommendations.
1.JPG
2.JPG

I’d say these girls should be ready to join the quad squad in about a week any thought ?? Ghost toof auto by mephisto gen.
Hey guys just a quick lil update I took off the bottom two nodes left the cotyledons now too 5 and 6 are starting to push out u guys think she’s ready for the top ?

Attachments

• 20A80F41-AB79-464B-8504-F1FFB37F0690.jpeg
    20A80F41-AB79-464B-8504-F1FFB37F0690.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 16979A21-8F38-48E9-85C1-7391AC3E8C5B.jpeg
    16979A21-8F38-48E9-85C1-7391AC3E8C5B.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 134
Awesome tutorial. I am new around here and am definitely going to try this method for my 1st indoor grow in over 20 yrs. This plant is 14 days old today, should I start to remove the bottom 2 nodes now or wait for a couple of more days. The strain is Barneys Farm Phantom OG. TIA for recommendations.
1.JPG
2.JPG
I would wait some as you only have 3 solid nodes. Once the next node looks like the top one now then I would take the bottom 2.

I agree with Derby here! Generally you want to wait until you have 5 node and top back to just above node 4! Once the topping is complete you can look at removing the 1st and 2nd nodes leaving nodes 3+4 to form your “x” pattern and starting the quadline shape. Here is a few examples from my last grow!

I have also got my newest journal up now for anyone interested in tagging along! It’s got some killer chemovars and going to be another quadline grow show!

Hey guys just a quick lil update I took off the bottom two nodes left the cotyledons now too 5 and 6 are starting to push out u guys think she’s ready for the top ?

I'd wait a day or two more before topping. The top node is still really small. You could do it now but I think the plant will recover faster if you wait a day or two.

I agree with Derby here! Generally you want to wait until you have 5 node and top back to just above node 4! Once the topping is complete you can look at removing the 1st and 2nd nodes leaving nodes 3+4 to form your “x” pattern and starting the quadline shape. Here is a few examples from my last grow!

I have also got my newest journal up now for anyone interested in tagging along! It’s got some killer chemovars and going to be another quadline grow show!
Fantastic Tutorial Dutch. The pictures you took really are amazing. I looked for hours through all the photos I posted and I never take those angles.

Hi Folks, thought I would check in with a few new photos and a question or two. The first photo is of the veg tent. We have a new light on the way. The “blurple” is from an older 300 watt LED which gets used occasionally for seedlings and veg. The tent itself is 1 metre x 1 metre x 1.8 metres high. So three of the plants are quadlined, 1 LST and 1 manifolded (which I am already regretting since it has shown almost no growth since it was topped 4 days ago). The potato slices are for the fungus gnat larvae. There are only a few buzzing around at present. I am surprised by the differences in the 2 early miss autos. The quad is so much larger than the LST? These are the last 2 early miss seeds that we have. The early miss grows from the same package of seeds that we did previously all grew at the same pace and all ended up the +/- the same size. Go figure!
102ACB66-E0F3-41C8-9457-0DBAFFB5F5F9.jpeg
C4B29C85-ACA9-4D79-AA0B-817858AFC5A8.jpeg
8A9687DA-A231-4859-BEF0-D39E8D534271.jpeg
88AD45AF-4214-46D5-8679-CC1A8CB98D6D.jpeg
08CF4F3A-0645-4300-B6FE-28AEF8A1B351.jpeg
FB47701C-BE8B-4BAC-B354-D595454CE3B8.jpeg

On the rooting and burying deeper...
I do it all the time, if you can use clean razor or scissors, cut off stuff being buried, and if you want, wipe a lil clone gel on it. Will root in a flash.
I just bury mine in coco, let the plant sort it out....

Oh meant to mention that I like Quadlining for the even canopy.
CMH love an even canopy, much like LED and HPS.
Theres a scientific name for it, but basically...any time you remove the top cola,in Cannabis, the apexial cola or something, the rest will grow more uniform as those hormones are distributed to the rest of the budsites instead.
That makes this sort of traing a great way to get decent yields even without co2 or even lighting with less punch than you really need.

Hope my Sextupletliner newby isnt freaking out the quadliner purists too much..... Hahahaha....
Only things beginning of the number 4 shall be worshipped here they screamed.....Abomination!..... Lol
Currently running a CBD Cherry Wine Quadlined. One for the practice. Lemon tree I've pulled down more than one branch a "Sextupletline" also haha. Only problems I can see in the future is if not pruned properly some of those in branches getting big and in the way of others. Will post those pictures in the future with a different Journal.

The other thing is incorporating it with a scrog. Lets see how that goes.

Hedzenmedz - 1st time Quadlining - Early Girl auto, Gorilla Photo Period, Bad Ass Kush PP, LA Confidential PP manifold, Early Girl auto LST.
New light arrived today - expecting uptick in growth. Took down the small tent as it is not large enough for the new light. See attached photo
6D25045F-6B5C-40B9-BF3B-43A17F07D7D9.jpeg

Nice light, it'll make a difference
I am counting on this light to make a noticeable difference, plus it will be much better for posting photos. Does anyone know where I can purchase a Bluetooth / WiFi controller here in Canada so that we can mimic sunrise/sunset with the new light (HLG 550 v2)?

A great big ol congratulations to @Asesino85 for his plant of the month win! Very well deserved! Hopefully there will be plenty more for the quadsquad this year! We grow some beautiful plants with this training method.

I’m glad you agree Ase! After a decent sample size of different plants from different growers, hopefully we can find some useful data. I’ve always just snipped the weaker looking ones without paying much attention. I did notice on one of the last plants that the branch I split had less “keeper” shoots than the others. I’m sure that from my own doing tho. Lol. Master of splitting branches here.

I removed the lower branches from my Black Cherry O’s and Pugsbreath a few days ago. Will see if they are ready to be topped tomorrow.

Do you find it a plus to use the clear cups inside the solo cups. Looks like a great idea, i’ll try it next grow.

Back
Top Bottom