The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Another option ive used is coat hangers. Coat hangers are cheap (dollar store) and easy to bend. I can get two stakes or one out of the hanger, depending on how long i need them to be.

This^
However, I am finding that they dont hold as well in peat based medium. Much better in dirt.

This^
However, I am finding that they dont hold as well in peat based medium. Much better in dirt.
I will be using Doc Buds kit so it will be in his soil mix. Docs kit new tent lights and filter should turn out ok as long as my newb ass don't mess it all up, But I have the good people from this Great Forum to keep me straight and I am Thankful ……. :slide:

So, today I chopped down my OG Kush quadlined auto and here are some pics. Ideally, I would have liked to have gone a couple more weeks, but as of today it was already at day 113 total, day 75 in flower. I'm probably going to give most of it to my sister, and just keep maybe a 1/4 for myself. I'm thinking (hoping?) there's somewhere between 1.5-2oz once dry, based on visible volume of the buds. But that really depends on how dense the buds end up being. I did a basic wet trim of the fan leaves and tiny buds, and will dry trim the sugar leaves.

Pre-trim:

20191011_144652-3.jpg

Post trim:

20191011_151934-2.jpg

2 piles of trim - hash trim and not hash trim

20191011_151747-2.jpg

Hangin' out to dry

20191011_152450-2.jpg

Couldn't get a decent shot of the trichs for some reason, but they're mostly cloudy with some clear still. I only saw amber on the sugar leaves.

DSC_0080.jpg
Nice job Chef! She looks delicious!

I am new to all of this. I am getting ready to start an indoor grow. I have only grown once before in a greenhouse so I am a total Newb. I was ask how I was going to train and I remember seeing quadlining on other threads, It looks Great I want to try it in my new indoor grow. I will be doing the Doc Buds kit I am finishing up cooking the soil and will soon set up my new tent outfitted with all new stuff, Can 33 Carbon filter and fan and new Mars Cob lights. I recognize some of the folks on this thread from others. Any Help along the way would be appreciated Thanks :D :thanks:
Welcome! The method really is pretty easy and the structure ends up fantastic. Lots of knowledgeable people in this thread to so don't hesitate to ask any question. @Mr. Magoo is one that uses Doc's kit and quadlining together so that would be a great place to investigate if I were you. Plus he's a damn good grower so there is a lot to learn from him. Good luck on your first grow and keep us updated!

What gage wire should I get for the u shaped stakes you are using to hold them down with. I think I can buy some wiring the right size gage and bend them to use is this correct ?

Honestly, the wire I used was stuff being thrown out at work, I think it's was old electrical wiring. The gauge itself doesn't matter too much, you want something that will hold its shape while the plant grows but still pliable enough to easily shape. If you look around on garbage day or check at a local junk yard you can probably get more than enough for cheap or even free.

Good luck.

I'd say about 10-12 gauge. But you can buy them pretty cheap at any garden center of your local "big box store". They're called garden staples. You can even get then cheaper online.
Thank You now I know what they are called and can get some

Welcome! The method really is pretty easy and the structure ends up fantastic. Lots of knowledgeable people in this thread to so don't hesitate to ask any question. @Mr. Magoo is one that uses Doc's kit and quadlining together so that would be a great place to investigate if I were you. Plus he's a damn good grower so there is a lot to learn from him. Good luck on your first grow and keep us updated!
Thanks for the shoutout brother!! Learned so much from you!

Thanks for the shoutout brother!! Learned so much from you!
Yes Magoo I would very much appreciate your help along the way with both the quadlining and Docs kit you and Duggan. I have seen you over on my journal so I know you are watching with a careful eye, Thank You.! :thumb:

Just harvest my 3x3 tent and these girls came out beautifully! Here’s some pics from my recent harvest of quadlines!

I’m also a few weeks into the next group I’m Pheno hunting that have all now been topped and started their journey to becoming strong quadlines!

Come tag along in my newest journal to see how this group does under my new 500W @BudgetLED setup!

I love seeing everyone’s quadlines and how they are progressing it’s such a pleasure!

Just harvest my 3x3 tent and these girls came out beautifully! Here’s some pics from my recent harvest of quadlines!

I’m also a few weeks into the next group I’m Pheno hunting that have all now been topped and started their journey to becoming strong quadlines!

Come tag along in my newest journal to see how this group does under my new 500W @BudgetLED setup!

I love seeing everyone’s quadlines and how they are progressing it’s such a pleasure!

Good looking stuff Dutch! You always have such nicely colored green plants all over the place.

Thanks Dutch that gives me a better idea of what I am trying to do with Quadlining Pics look Great

Back
Top Bottom