The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Do you find it a plus to use the clear cups inside the solo cups. Looks like a great idea, i’ll try it next grow.
I really just wanted to watch the roots grow. Lol. I think that’s beneficial for sure....especially when we have all these great growers to help us spot things that may be wrong!

Awesome tutorial. I am new around here and am definitely going to try this method for my 1st indoor grow in over 20 yrs. This plant is 14 days old today, should I start to remove the bottom 2 nodes now or wait for a couple of more days. The strain is Barneys Farm Phantom OG. TIA for recommendations.
1.JPG
2.JPG
So is she ready to remove the bottom 2 nodes & cotyledons now ?
17.JPG
d17.1.JPG
d17.JPG

CBD Cherry Wine. She twisted funny but I adjusted her after the picture. Wanted to add multiple tie downs like some people but have to wait until I transplant to a bigger pot. Currently controlling her size because of veg space.

Attachments

• Quad.jpg
    Quad.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 170
Ok, now the babies have been Quad..ed?
lol. Took the razor to them, nice clean cuts, less damage, less chance of infection....
Couple of pics of my First attempt....

Babys First Quad....

No one puts Baby in a corner..... Hahaha.

Thanks for having me, I like this thread.

Lookin great guys. What are the strains y’all are running again?
Hey Magoo, Im Running Gelat OG, Pineapple Chunk, White Widow and Peyote Critical...

Off to a good start! Once node 4 is long enough to begin training you want to keep them at a slight upward angle when tying down. As your lower node 3 catches up you will begin tying it the same way outwards towards the edge of the pot!
Cheers Dutchman!

Attachments

• IMG_1570 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_1570 - Copy (2).JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 119
This looks like something I'd like to try-seems like a great way to keep the plants at
a manageable height,among other things,like lots more buds,even canopy,etc...
Some of those photos are unreal!

Here's my question, and I probably already screwed myself- I topped my plants today,about an hour before I found this thread, and the thing is, I topped above the second node- so the 2 nodes I've got left are the ones I'm supposed to remove to do this right....so will it still work if I use nodes 1 & 2,instead of 3 & 4 ?
I'm ok going with the usual LST,but I'd rather give quadlining a try-I really like the results.

I'm going to be growing for a long time,so I can wait till my next grow if it'd be better,but my plants are at the right stage to start quadlining them now,so if it'll work I'd like to get started on it .

So what do you guys think,did I screw myself,or do you think I can make it work?

You got 4 branches to start? Thats,Quadlining, Welcome!
I dont know about any of the Quadlining Illuminati..... But I think you will be Ok...
hehehe

I've got the 4 branches-they're a little short right now,but that won't be the case for very long!

This looks like something I'd like to try-seems like a great way to keep the plants at
a manageable height,among other things,like lots more buds,even canopy,etc...
Some of those photos are unreal!

Here's my question, and I probably already screwed myself- I topped my plants today,about an hour before I found this thread, and the thing is, I topped above the second node- so the 2 nodes I've got left are the ones I'm supposed to remove to do this right....so will it still work if I use nodes 1 & 2,instead of 3 & 4 ?
I'm ok going with the usual LST,but I'd rather give quadlining a try-I really like the results.

I'm going to be growing for a long time,so I can wait till my next grow if it'd be better,but my plants are at the right stage to start quadlining them now,so if it'll work I'd like to get started on it .

So what do you guys think,did I screw myself,or do you think I can make it work?

Nodes 3/4 are recommended to be used for the quadline but you can use nodes 1/2! When using your lower nodes the plant just doesn’t have the strength it would have when starting at nodes 3/4. It’s worth the efforts if you want to try this time or you could wait till next which is entirely up to you! We are here to help you along the way so just ask!

I would think training like this would still outperform LST regardless of which node you use. I say go for it and next time try nodes 3 and 4 and see what kind of differences you see.

Back
Top Bottom