The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Hey guys! Sorry for my absence lately. Seems like everyone is doing really well! Keep up the good training!! I’ll be starting another grow soon and I’ll be sure to post my progress here as well.

A little defol and clean up on my quad attempt
IMG_20191202_004018.jpg

IMG_20191202_004852.jpg

Hey guys! So bummed i just came across this thread last week. I have read every page and am geeking out so hard and can't wait to train my babies.
Meanwhile here's a plant I've been vegging a while while working on improving my bloom room. Never actually topped her, just LSTd the top over since this strain is very branchy. Using some knowledge from this thread i tied her down with binder clips and pipe cleaners and she took to it nicely.
Meanwhile have some of her clones that I'm quadlining and will have pics to share soon!

Attachments

• 20191201_232742.jpg
    20191201_232742.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191201_232734.jpg
    20191201_232734.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 29
A

Appreciate the kind words ase, only my second grow and I changed literally everything up since my first so still trying to get dialed in lol
I'm 3 years in and still changing everything up. That's the beauty of gardening...growing, evolving, tweaking, and best of all learning from your peers. There is no one size fits all approach. Everyone has different constraints, environments, laws, and desired outcomes.
Sure we all desire affordable, clean, tasty meds. But aside from a few basics that all plants require (light, nutrients, water, etc) it will be a constant evolution keeping your brain awake at night "ooh, i should've done this thing a little differently..." or "I wonder where my new garden "thingy" (insert descriptions) is in the tracking system?" LOL
Like they say "using weed isn't addictive, but growing it is!"

I'm 3 years in and still changing everything up. That's the beauty of gardening...growing, evolving, tweaking, and best of all learning from your peers. There is no one size fits all approach. Everyone has different constraints, environments, laws, and desired outcomes.
Sure we all desire affordable, clean, tasty meds. But aside from a few basics that all plants require (light, nutrients, water, etc) it will be a constant evolution keeping your brain awake at night "ooh, i should've done this thing a little differently..." or "I wonder where my new garden "thingy" (insert descriptions) is in the tracking system?" LOL
Like they say "using weed isn't addictive, but growing it is!"
Hahaha growing is the only addiction from our plants, wouldn't have it any other way. Too many ideas waiting to come out hahah

As i tweak my AC setup while tracking shipping on my new light i started quadline training some of my veg babies.
It was a little weird because they're like 20th generation KC Mango clones from a seed i popped 2 years ago, so none of the nodes pair up anymore and each branch of the quad is a different height. But what's the harm in trying?
These clones are the end of that phenotype as i recently grew a new mango mom and am just now rooting clones off of her. Lesson learned only going to clone branches with symmetric leaf sets at least for quadding and leave staggered ones on her or only SOG them. Meanwhile have a baby northern lights to veg into a mom for quads and have two blueberries that i just took 6" tops off of and put them (tops) in the bloom room to sex the plants. Will continue training them for a few weeks until the weed stork brings me pink or blue cigars LOL

Attachments

• 20191202_230422.jpg
    20191202_230422.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20191202_230403.jpg
    20191202_230403.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20191202_230354.jpg
    20191202_230354.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 33
Yesterday I transplanted our Phantom Cookies Domina into a two gallon fabric pot with Promix HP.
Day 48.JPG

She is seven weeks old today and since she showed no signs of transplant shock we decided to do a little defoliation and some serious bondage.
Day 49-5.JPG

Canopy is all nice and even now. She should be going into the flower tent on December 15th so she'll have plenty of time to turn into a bush again. She has been fed Megacrop exclusively and is taking 4.5 g/gn. Nevertheless she is very small and delicate, like a tender wildflower, not like a hardy cannabis plant. So I'm fascinated to see how she'll grow out.

Should I be tie training branches now
Yes- as soon as they're long enough to tie down,tie em down
Looks like you've got a good start on a nice quad.

Got more ladies pinned down. Kind of a cool shot here of momma, clone daughters in training, and a cup of cutting daughters rooting

Attachments

• 20191206_233050.jpg
    20191206_233050.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 35
One of my 3 plants from regular seeds (1-WW) I suspect is a male, the other two (2-WW & 3-WWG) are showing pistils so that is reassuring. The plants were germinated 12 weeks ago and been outside of the balcony the whole time. So far I am pleased with their progress, their Brix levels were last measured at about 18-19% and they seem bug free and appear in good shape, but early days yet!

Should I top the upper branches two tops.The two bottom branches have two new nodes .The two top branches just have one node coming out.

Attachments

• 4 tops 001.jpg
    4 tops 001.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 4 tops 002.jpg
    4 tops 002.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 4 tops 003.jpg
    4 tops 003.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom