The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Day 25. Topped 5th node on dwc & started training top on soil plant.
24..JPG
1.5.JPG
Day 31. Plant in soil going great guns. removed the new growth on the underside even nodes of the bottom branches. Will pot up to a 4 gal fabric pot this weekend. The dwc didn't take to well to me pushing the center down with my thumb and I have split the stems a fair bit. I didn't notice it for a few days and just put some tape on it today to keep the air out. Hopefully, it recovers if not it will be a good learning curve for me.
IMG_1665 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1666 (2) - Copy.JPG

Working on my first grow ever, and the quad-lining technique has been really helpful and fun to do. It has been a long veg period, but will be flipping to flower in the next day or two. Growing indoors, in coco. This is my Green Crack photo-period at various points in time. Yesterday (5/15/19) was day 68 in Veg.

March 25:

April 2:

April 6: bottom two nodes removed

April 8 - topped

April 9 - tie down begins

April 17

April 28

Yesterday - May 15 - DAY 68

I am very grateful for all the help, advice, and encouragement that various members of the quad-squad have given me so far on my journal. Looking forward to seeing this girl, and my other plants, as I move them into 12/12 this weekend!

Working on my first grow ever, and the quad-lining technique has been really helpful and fun to do. It has been a long veg period, but will be flipping to flower in the next day or two. Growing indoors, in coco. This is my Green Crack photo-period at various points in time. Yesterday (5/15/19) was day 68 in Veg.

March 25:

April 2:

April 6: bottom two nodes removed

April 8 - topped

April 9 - tie down begins

April 17

April 28

Yesterday - May 15 - DAY 68

I am very grateful for all the help, advice, and encouragement that various members of the quad-squad have given me so far on my journal. Looking forward to seeing this girl, and my other plants, as I move them into 12/12 this weekend!
Looking good Bard! I would consider some defoliation before flipping. You will want some good airflow and light penetration for flower. That’s what I usually do just before flipping. And then I leave them alone while they are stretching....usually 3 weeks or so. And then I see what branches look like they could go....there will probably be a few that didn’t stretch as well and they might be quite a bit skinnier than some of the healthier ones.

Looking good Bard! I would consider some defoliation before flipping. You will want some good airflow and light penetration for flower. That’s what I usually do just before flipping. And then I leave them alone while they are stretching....usually 3 weeks or so. And then I see what branches look like they could go....there will probably be a few that didn’t stretch as well and they might be quite a bit skinnier than some of the healthier ones.
How long do you usually wait between defol and flipping?

Thanks Magoo! Good advice. Believe it or not, I did a pretty extensive defol about a week ago, with the intention of flipping to 12/12 last weekend. But then my new lights became an option, and wanted to wait to get them installed first, which I just did. I'll be doing a post on my lights in my journal shortly. Based on your advice, I am thinking that I will defol again this afternoon, and then flip this coming weekend. I had also heard to defol and thin out below the canopy (lollypop?) around day 21 of flower, so that syncs up with what you mentioned above by way of timing for a few weeks from now. Excited to see the ladies stretch!! Finally, just for fun, I am thinking that I will take one or two cuttings from this Green Crack to try my hand at cloning. I like this plant, and think it might be interesting to try. Thanks again.

How long do you usually wait between defol and flipping?
I think most of mine have just been a day or 2. I would think as long as they don’t look too stressed then they should be good to go. Someone else may know more than me though.

Thanks Magoo! Good advice. Believe it or not, I did a pretty extensive defol about a week ago, with the intention of flipping to 12/12 last weekend. But then my new lights became an option, and wanted to wait to get them installed first, which I just did. I'll be doing a post on my lights in my journal shortly. Based on your advice, I am thinking that I will defol again this afternoon, and then flip this coming weekend. I had also heard to defol and thin out below the canopy (lollypop?) around day 21 of flower, so that syncs up with what you mentioned above by way of timing for a few weeks from now. Excited to see the ladies stretch!! Finally, just for fun, I am thinking that I will take one or two cuttings from this Green Crack to try my hand at cloning. I like this plant, and think it might be interesting to try. Thanks again.
I’d say go for it with the cloning. She looks like a really nice healthy plant. I’ve never tried cloning. I feel like I don’t have the space for it. I would really like to clone this GG4 I have going....just don’t know.

Hedzenmedz Quad-Line No-Till Grow
Hi everyone - just a quick post tonight of the quadlined (now a tri-line, maybe should be a TRY-line) Early Miss auto at 56 days.[ATTA
CEF5C2EC-9A1D-4F51-BDA7-6E480D3DA04B.jpeg
E7A5CB10-B656-4BCE-A878-CF539A782FD4.jpeg

Just a little update on my 2 girls-did a little pre flowering defol today,may
do a little more later today-I'm going to flip to 12/12 on their 35th day (Tuesday)

This is before defol,Northern Lights on the left/Peyote Critical on the right...

And after

They still seem a little bushy,but the budsites can all see the light,at least at the moment...
They're starting to get stinky-I didn't even notice,but the wife is complaining about it again...
I swear,she's got a nose like a bloodhound-I can open one of the Lowryder jars in the back room to burp it,and 5 seconds later, I hear from the living room "You couldn't take it outside to do that?"

So Tuesday is the flip day-seems early,they're 4"tall (NL) and 5"tall(PC),33 days old today,but with my very limited headroom in the box (34") I've got to keep them as short as possible...

The Quadline is working out well-lots of budsites on each plant,without the "leaning tower"
that you can end up with if doing standard LST.
I can tell they've got a good root system,too-they feel (weight-wise) like they almost need water again,and I just watered them on Thursday.
That's it for this update...the next time you see them they'll be on a 12/12 light schedule.
Thanks for this thread-it's cool to see how everyone else is doing,all in one spot!

Just a little update on my 2 girls-did a little pre flowering defol today,may
do a little more later today-I'm going to flip to 12/12 on their 35th day (Tuesday)

This is before defol,Northern Lights on the left/Peyote Critical on the right...

And after

They still seem a little bushy,but the budsites can all see the light,at least at the moment...
They're starting to get stinky-I didn't even notice,but the wife is complaining about it again...
I swear,she's got a nose like a bloodhound-I can open one of the Lowryder jars in the back room to burp it,and 5 seconds later, I hear from the living room "You couldn't take it outside to do that?"

So Tuesday is the flip day-seems early,they're 4"tall (NL) and 5"tall(PC),33 days old today,but with my very limited headroom in the box (34") I've got to keep them as short as possible...

The Quadline is working out well-lots of budsites on each plant,without the "leaning tower"
that you can end up with if doing standard LST.
I can tell they've got a good root system,too-they feel (weight-wise) like they almost need water again,and I just watered them on Thursday.
That's it for this update...the next time you see them they'll be on a 12/12 light schedule.
Thanks for this thread-it's cool to see how everyone else is doing,all in one spot!
Beauties!!

I like be how flat they are.
The "flatness" is because I topped them above the second node an hour before I found this thread....
So I'm using nodes 1 and 2...It might actually work out to my advantage-in my grow box,every inch counts...

@LoudExpertise follow this journal, this is the training we doing on ur plant, these guys know they’re shit and our willing to help new growers!!

Hey guys just a quick update on my ghost roof that I started lst a few days ago, she hit preflower preety damn fast for an auto tbh I can recall when the hell I planted these as I lost my grow journal I wrote everything down in the other smaller one is sour stomper and I’ve never seen such tight node spacing . I was going to top her but decided against it since the noding are so tight she’s also started shooting pistils pretty early, they could be stunted from the incident with the wife’s cat. Got 3 other ghost toot seedling waiting to get a few more nodes before inducing them into the quad squad. Anyone got any experience with quadlining and scrog on autos ??

Attachments

• BA822021-02CF-48C9-B6B6-F4994DBDE9C5.jpeg
    BA822021-02CF-48C9-B6B6-F4994DBDE9C5.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 53
  • 677CB0C1-773C-4726-AFCB-E60ACDCCCD70.jpeg
    677CB0C1-773C-4726-AFCB-E60ACDCCCD70.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 51
Day 31. Plant in soil going great guns. removed the new growth on the underside even nodes of the bottom branches. Will pot up to a 4 gal fabric pot this weekend. The dwc didn't take to well to me pushing the center down with my thumb and I have split the stems a fair bit. I didn't notice it for a few days and just put some tape on it today to keep the air out. Hopefully, it recovers if not it will be a good learning curve for me.
IMG_1665 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1666 (2) - Copy.JPG
Day 35. Over the last few days, I have up-potted from1 to 4 gal for soil plant and trimmed a few of the older leaves that were shading new growth. I removed the band-aid tape from the dwc plant but it doesn't look to good. Tonight I put some fresh aloe vera on the area.
IMG_1685 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1688 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1687 (3) - Copy.jpg

I think I’ve split mine like that on all but 1 plant. Lol. Maybe not quite as far down as the branch on the right but pretty far. I haven’t noticed much of a difference in production from those branches compared to the others on the same plant. These pugsbreath plants I have going have all split on the top branches. Slow and steady is the key not to do that but I haven’t figured that part out yet lol. The pugsbreath probably had no choice. They were short stems but thick and tough already.

Bamboo skewers: They're not just for shish kebabs anymore....

Back
Top Bottom