The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

I really wanna do this to some autos in a 3gal fabric air pot bag. Has anyone did this with autos in air pots? How big do they actually get? Id hope for around 4oz when done?

I only grow with air pots. I also only use coco (which is hydro) so that is pretty key in pumping out big autos. You have a much shorter time frame to beef up autos since they finish fast and it's hard to get those kind of results in just soil.

Like @Pennywise said, you have to feed daily and pretty much have no hiccups. Autos are easy to grow overall but I feel like they are much harder to get perfect because any mistakes and you've set yourself back a few days, which is way more costly than a photoperiod.

I only grow with air pots. I also only use coco (which is hydro) so that is pretty key in pumping out big autos. You have a much shorter time frame to beef up autos since they finish fast and it's hard to get those kind of results in just soil.

Like @Pennywise said, you have to feed daily and pretty much have no hiccups. Autos are easy to grow overall but I feel like they are much harder to get perfect because any mistakes and you've set yourself back a few days, which is way more costly than a photoperiod.
Forgot about the hydro vegin speed.. I think of going back to coco but the flavours from soil, just can't leave it.

Thanks.
I use pearlite and megacrop, this round anyway. Always looking to improve.

Day 63 flowering and harvested 4 already and 2 trimmed for drying with 2 more being put into their dark period tonight at 9pm
The quadkini g saved tield on the 1st small girls harvested They had issues along the way and i am on a learni g curve with L.e.d it seems. A dissapointing 6oz so far but rhe buds have been rock solid and smoke amazingly. The two just trimmed are the bigger Gorilla zkittelz ( big bud pic) and they are amazing close up for colour, smell and solidness. I am looking forward to their smoke now as the earlier small ones are wicked. The upcoming harvest should dwarf the tally to date i hope. Having smaller phenos has been dmsaved by getting the mains up but as Ase suggested early on, i need to remove the lower nodes of pairs to avoid overcrowded spaces and popcorn lower growth. lots of lessons learned on this one. seems the last 4 plants got all the best of everything
20190913_000504.jpg
20190913_000501.jpg
20190912_204530.jpg
20190911_163557.jpg
20190911_123442.jpg
20190908_233434.jpg
20190908_213402.jpg

So i have 7 white widows in hempies. they're in the veg tent and this is my first time with plants in veg and flower at the same time ( 2 tents ). i'm having a pretty good problem, but it's a problem none the less. they're growing too fast and getting too tall.

they have 8 weeks of veg left before they can go into the flower tent and i'm wondering what the heck i can do to keep them from hitting the lights. would be nice if they'd just focus on fattening up the stems and stalks.

should i just top them? i don't really want to super crop as they're in a 5x5 and they just wouldn't fit like that lol.
i was also thinking about just pruning them back, not topping just just cutting the branches back at a point that won't produce extra tops.

not sure if there's anything i can do short of more light in the tent. i might try more light but i don't have an extra for the veg tent at the moment.

Well I am finally caught up on the thread and ready to join the #QuadSquad! I wasn't sure what to do for my current run, and then i found this thread just after planting my seedlings into their forever-homes. Great job on the intro @Asesino85, I have learned a lot from the members here, and you guys inspired me to join the community and even to begin a grow journal while I attempt the quadline. Time for the plants!

I am currently growing 2 lemon skunk autos and 1 critical purple kush photo, I am planning to run the autos through flower, then switch out the photoperiods so as to stagger my harvest. Hopefully this will yield enough to resupply our stocks for the holidays. I started the quadline last week by removing nodes 1 & 2, and then topping (two days later) as per the introduction to this thread. I had a little bit of an issue with stress (browning leaf tips following the topping), but a good flush with pH adjustment and lighting adjustments seems to have helped that. Things are moving along now and the training has begun! If anyone wants more details feel free the check out my first grow journal here or in my signature, where I go into more details and have more photos.

Critical Purple Kush Photoperiod: node removal/topped/early training
Critical_Purple_Kush_strip_nodes_1_2.jpg
Critical_Purple_Kush_Topped.jpg
critical_purple_kush_photo_recovery.jpg

Lemon Skunk Auto 1: node removal/topped/early training.

Auto_Lemon_Skunk_No1_strip_nodes_1_2.jpg
Auto_Lemon_No1_Topped.jpg
lemon_skunk_1_auto_recovery.jpg

Lemon Skunk Auto 2: node removal/topped/early training.

auto_lemon_skunk_no2_strip_nodes_1_2.jpg
auto_lemon_skunk_no2_topped.jpg
lemon_skunk_auto_2_recovery.jpg

Here's hoping everyone here has happy and healthy plants, keep up the good work QuadSquad!

MadMoustache365.

Well I am finally caught up on the thread and ready to join the #QuadSquad! I wasn't sure what to do for my current run, and then i found this thread just after planting my seedlings into their forever-homes. Great job on the intro @Asesino85, I have learned a lot from the members here, and you guys inspired me to join the community and even to begin a grow journal while I attempt the quadline. Time for the plants!

I am currently growing 2 lemon skunk autos and 1 critical purple kush photo, I am planning to run the autos through flower, then switch out the photoperiods so as to stagger my harvest. Hopefully this will yield enough to resupply our stocks for the holidays. I started the quadline last week by removing nodes 1 & 2, and then topping (two days later) as per the introduction to this thread. I had a little bit of an issue with stress (browning leaf tips following the topping), but a good flush with pH adjustment and lighting adjustments seems to have helped that. Things are moving along now and the training has begun! If anyone wants more details feel free the check out my first grow journal here or in my signature, where I go into more details and have more photos.

Here's hoping everyone here has happy and healthy plants, keep up the good work QuadSquad!

MadMoustache365.
Thats a nice start to the journey. useful tip is to look at ways to bend them wirhout overstressing them. i.e rubbing between forefinger and thumb with pressure while pulling them down. This will avoid snapping the delicate growth as is easily done and ends a quad right then and there if not fixable. I use silicon too , this can help a lot in training with flexibility and a less brittle stem structure. Be ready with the stakes for the two mains to emerge. good luck and welcome to the club.

Thats a nice start to the journey. useful tip is to look at ways to bend them wirhout overstressing them. i.e rubbing between forefinger and thumb with pressure while pulling them down. This will avoid snapping the delicate growth as is easily done and ends a quad right then and there if not fixable. I use silicon too , this can help a lot in training with flexibility and a less brittle stem structure. Be ready with the stakes for the two mains to emerge. good luck and welcome to the club.
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice Ganjagandaddy.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice Ganjagandaddy.
Pleasure mate. it is a great technique and can produce some great results. Asino is a master at it and there are some amazing grows happening here too.

So I chopped one of my quadlined OG Kush autos prematurely today. I have 2 of them, so I wanted to compare a mostly cloudy trich harvest (70/30 cloudy/clear) that supposed to be a more racy/cerebral high, with a 30/70 amber/cloudy trich harvest that is supposed to be a more sedate/couchlock type of high. The second plant should be ready to chop in another 3-4 weeks I think.

Before fan leaf trim

D1FTsgU.jpg

After trim

E6EedcO.jpg

Top view (pre-trim), just because

A7FyT7b.jpg

Ouchy!

v5DJzOF.jpg

Ready to dry

c5LPvCY.jpg

Trim

nhtIKS0.jpg

Hangin' out

u5dQV2I.jpg

Decided to wet trim one of the smaller branches

MGrqRFr.jpg

Nice harvest Crazy!
I hope so. If the buds don't become too airy after drying, I'll be happy if I get at least an ounce. Judging by the looks of it, I'm guesstimating it to be around 1.5 oz. dry weight. We'll see next weekend - the colas aren't huge, so I'm thinking 5-7 days dry time.

MadMoustache365.
Thank you MM and welcome to the #Quadsquad! Life has once again gotten busy for me so apologies for the delayed response. Can't wait to see everythingas they get larger and start aggressively growing! Please be sure to throw in updates on this thread so we all can watch.

First off, let me just say thank you to all you guys who participate in this thread. Even though I don't often have enough time to really get involved right now, I've been watching and lurking. It's been really fun to see everyone giving quadlining a shot and providing feedback and advice. It was kind of the reason I created this thread so that people could help others out because I knew I was going to be busy and not be able to be on here everyday.

If you google quadlining or search for it using some social media you can find that is spreading to other forums/reddit/websites. A lot of them are linking this thread as a guide so that is pretty cool. Nothing but positive comments about quadlining and the 420 magazine community. I'm very happy to see that we are all representing 420 magazine so well! Keep up the good work everyone!

Secondly, I'll be doing a new journal soon and it will be with different lights and nutrients then I normally use soon. I'm looking forward to it and I plan on being more active with it than I have been able to be for the last few months. I'll post the link here soon.

Those are beautiful buds. Nice job!

I imagine that all the paper bags are your drying/curing style? Could you describe if you get a moment? Or if it's in your links I'll look around some.
No problem J. We call it the low and slow method of drying. There is a thread here about it. I’ll find the link. But the process I go through is
First I wash the buds in 3 buckets of filtered water. The first bucket has anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 cup each of lemon juice and baking soda. The other 2 are just the filtered water. Dunk some branches down in each and slosh them about a bit, starting with the one with the mixture in it.
Then I hang the branches for anywhere between 4-12 hours.
Then I snip the buds off into the brown paper bags. I put about an Oz in each. When they are dry there will be about 1/4 oz of bud in each.
Lay them flat if possible in the fridge.
I open the bags and bounce the buds around a bit every 2-3 days for a couple weeks.
Then I check the rh of the buds by jarring some up with a hygrometer for a couple hrs. If rh is above 70 then back in the fridge they go. If it’s under 70 then they are ok to jar or put in turkey bags for the cure.
I keep an eye on the rh throughout the process of curing and burp them a couple times per day until they are down to around 62. Then you don’t have to burp as much. Typically I’m drying for about 2.5 weeks in the fridge, then curing for at least 3 weeks with the daily burps for about 2 of those weeks. After about 2.5 weeks of curing they really start stinking again and I know they are close. I tend to like a longer cure than the 3 weeks, but at that point they are definitely tasting super smooth and packing a punch!
That’s probably the biggest benefit of drying in the fridge....the smoothness of the smoke. Like smoking air every time. No more coughing unless it’s part of the genetics or because your smoking out of a nasty bowl. Lol. That’s the worst! Lol

Side
Those are beautiful buds. Nice job!

I imagine that all the paper bags are your drying/curing style? Could you describe if you get a moment? Or if it's in your links I'll look around some.
side note! I had too much in that fridge. Had them in there for almost 3 weeks and rh still above 90. So I let them dry outside of the fridge a bit with a fan blowing across the open bags before jarring them up. Rh was under 70 before I jarred them.

Here is a link to the low and slow thread. I would just jump to the end and follow along from there. Lol

Back
Top Bottom