The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Few days ago, maybe 3? Just flipped to 12/12 so let's see how this goes :bongrip:
IMG_20191227_005824.jpg

@JC Grow (forgot to drop the quote in to get your attention, and they don’t work on edits. Huh).
Very clonable, JC. Any slips over about three inches will do. Preferably from lower down as they’ll root quicker than tops. I try to wait til there’s a node or three in a new branch, even though they’ll be trimmed off.
I just started quadding one for a sponsored grow have a quick look she gave me six clones.

Happy new 420 year everybody.

Leave them, they are called stipules.

Screenshot_1.jpg
That clarifies my position.Those Stipules will never reach the top but I was wondering if the branches were too small to leave on the plant.Clearly I will for now leave the branches on rather than cloning.

That clarifies my position.Those Stipules will never reach the top but I was wondering if the branches were too small to leave on the plant.Clearly I will will leave the branches on rather than cloning.
@JC Grow (forgot to drop the quote in to get your attention, and they don’t work on edits. Huh).
Very clonable, JC. Any slips over about three inches will do. Preferably from lower down as they’ll root quicker than tops. I try to wait til there’s a node or three in a new branch, even though they’ll be trimmed off.
I just started quadding one for a sponsored grow have a quick look she gave me six clones.

Happy new 420 year everybody.

Hey guys. Just wanted to let y’all know I have a new journal going to ring in the New Year! Hope my quad squad brethren can join in. Link is in my signature. Happy New Year Everyone!!

Those Stipules will never reach the top but I was wondering if the branches were too small

Ahh yes, you were talking about the branch size and location and if they are appropriate for cloning, not the identification of the plant parts. sorry!

Greetings all and happy new year!
My blooming mangoes are doing great, only a month left on the bigger girl and she is starting to smell deeeelicious!
Like sweet and sour candy!
I reached in to remove a few fan leaves and it feels like i got citrusy hair spray up to my elbows!
Her daughters are doing great with the quadlining and the clones from the new seed are growing nicely.
The new seed mom was in a kratky bucket that got a little funky so i trimmed her roots and put her in coco just to see what happens.
Popped a tangerine dream auto last week and put her straight into a 3 gal smart pot, hope that will be enough for her to live out her days in.

Attachments

• 20200101_210425.jpg
    20200101_210425.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200101_210402.jpg
    20200101_210402.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200101_205515.jpg
    20200101_205515.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200101_205503.jpg
    20200101_205503.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 22
@Mr. Magoo there's a strain in my journal with a similar name as yours lol.

Super silver blue magoo (super silver haze X blue magoo)

20200101_203054.jpg

This is my second round of quadlining :) probably won't go back now.
I have a Mr. Magoo strain in the vault. It’s bred by Sequoia Seeds. Afgoo x Emerald Triangle. May use her for some breeding at some point. I’m glad you like the quadline. She hasn’t let me down yet. I may try a slightly modified version this round.

Don’t be. I know, it’s the opposite of doobie. It’s confusing.
:passitleft:
smell deeeelicious!
Like sweet and sour candy!
I reached in to remove a few fan leaves and it feels like i got citrusy hair spray up to my elbows!
Theyheyheehaw sound great! :p

This one is at just the right moment to start the quadline. I’m using the robust fan below each shoot to help to support the weight of the tie down without snapping anything.
BE4E8325-2973-4510-AF1A-9EE2BD78E21E.jpeg
C1A95E05-4B84-495C-A863-EA2246D44950.jpeg

I took the top and the two lowest pairs of shoots for clones, but ended up with six potentials because of this..
C82B5358-CAB6-4518-A7DA-06CE4428B394.jpeg

3122B62C-8AD3-46F2-9EFC-15CF2C512400.jpeg

5B76292A-4585-4358-900B-9B6FC429CFC5.jpeg

Happy gardening everybody :yummy:

Don’t be. I know, it’s the opposite of doobie. It’s confusing.
:passitleft:

Theyheyheehaw sound great! :p

This one is at just the right moment to start the quadline. I’m using the robust fan below each shoot to help to support the weight of the tie down without snapping anything.
BE4E8325-2973-4510-AF1A-9EE2BD78E21E.jpeg
C1A95E05-4B84-495C-A863-EA2246D44950.jpeg

I took the top and the two lowest pairs of shoots for clones, but ended up with six potentials because of this..
C82B5358-CAB6-4518-A7DA-06CE4428B394.jpeg

3122B62C-8AD3-46F2-9EFC-15CF2C512400.jpeg

5B76292A-4585-4358-900B-9B6FC429CFC5.jpeg

Happy gardening everybody :yummy:

Looking good! What strain is that?

Looking good! What strain is that?
Thanks, SC! It’s the critical purple kush in the seedsman comparative grow I was lucky enough to join. There’s a link in my sig to it. There’s a CBD plant too which I’m pretty excited about.
Cheers :yummy:

Thanks, SC! It’s the critical purple kush in the seedsman comparative grow I was lucky enough to join. There’s a link in my sig to it. There’s a CBD plant too which I’m pretty excited about.
Cheers :yummy:
Ooh, sounds very interesting. Looking forward to following her progress.
I've run purple haze several times with great results and just got some critical super silver haze and some Afghan kush beans in the mail. So a purple + critical + kush sounds very interesting.
The critical genes are new territory for me and I'm a little nervous about getting over my head with them in my small garden LOL. Was going to order critical mass but chickened out when i read about it being very vulnerable to bud rot in humid conditions which i have most of the year. Also worried if my small grow space could contain and support said monster plants!

Just a big shout out to one of the #Quadsquads OG members @Dutchman1990 for winning the Grow Journal of the YEAR award for 2019! Anyone who comes to this thread really needs to follow Dutch and what he does. Congrats Dutch!
Thank you so much Ase! I really appreciate it and wouldn’t be where I was if it wasn’t for you and your teachings!

These plants were not growing so took off the tie downs and topped them about 10 days ago.45 days in veg,flipping very soon.These two plants have 8 large fan leaves each on the underneath.Should I take those fans off or leave them?

Attachments

• clone prospects 028.jpg
    clone prospects 028.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 36
  • clone prospects 029.jpg
    clone prospects 029.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2nd 001.jpg
    2nd 001.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 42
I could do with some extra eyes here, the 3rd node knuckle has split.
This morning I was going to see if I could level out the canopies of my 2 Quadlined girls. I think they're already pretty good but I was thinking I could do it as a final training tweak before I leave them alone for flowering. Before I did anything, I noticed the White Widow/Gorgonzola (3-WWG) had split down her 3rd node Quadlining knuckle, looking back at pics I can see the split was there yesterday.

What to do? :hmmmm:
Do I leave her as she is, as her branches are somewhat supported by the rim of the pot and her existing Quad structure?
If I leave her as she is, should I put any 'medicine' on to the wound?
Do I bind her, using tape or plastic coated garden wire to try and close or partially close the split. If I bound her I would probably choose plastic coated garden wire which to my mind may be less likely to cause the plant to sweat or hold moisture, as I am wary of mold and budrot.
Probably all options are fine as they are hardy plants, but any thoughts are welcome :thanks:

Another thought, will the split cause her to bud more vigorously, like growers who swear by putting a nail in the base of the stem? That would be great!:hookah:

Here she is, still looking a happy girl

And her step sister 2-WW seems a happy girl too

Hey ya. I see your concern. They are hardy though and lucky for us they can take a punishing.
I would lay a short pencil over the split then tape it firmly to the branch on each side with electrical tape, closing the gap as the 2nd bit of tape goes on.
Also supporting across the top of the pot with a packer that can be moved to avoid the possible dampness issue.
It’ll heal, but you want those branches as heavy as possible, right? ;)
Next time leave a quarter inch of stalk above the cut. That will stop it splitting.
Interested to see how others would deal with it...
Cheers :yummy::cool:

Back
Top Bottom