The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Got some new girls going myself. Got a Pre 98 Bubba Kush, some Indiana Bubblegum, PuTang, and GG4 x Boptang.
35721D79-A627-4B37-AF0A-24CFD574539F.jpeg
251472B2-5DC3-4AD4-AD48-CBEBC711C985.jpeg
730B10B4-70CC-4297-9641-35DB6959B5C8.jpeg

My mango baby is almost a grown lady! Only a week or so to go! Meanwhile her sisters and nieces are doing well. Northern lights is getting pretty bushy in the holding pattern waiting for space to open up in the bloom cabinet.
Lots of clones going in veg, the tangerine dream auto is starting to put on some pistils and i just put an industrial plant bean in to germinate...
Has anyone had any luck with that strain? It's a cross of one of her favorites (afghani) and one of mine (thai) kind of curious if it'll be a best of both? Hmmm...

Attachments

• 20200122_205613.jpg
    20200122_205613.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200122_205545.jpg
    20200122_205545.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 46
My 2 Quadlined balcony plants have put on a fair amount of stretch over the last couple of weeks. It's been hot and dry and I have been watering them dilute worm wee most days, and usually more than once as my home made drilled out 'air pot' style containers dry out quickly. Another week or two and blooming should be under way. Anyway, here is a pic of them both enjoying the sun.
:hookah:

Was wondering if I should take off the main leaves off or wait until I have some more growth?
It looks to me like you removed the branches from the top node and left the fan leaves!? Is that what I’m seeing there?

Just got a phone call from mrs cough because even though my filter is 3 weeks old the whole place is starting to smell! Guess I'm stopping on the way home to pick up another one to scrub the entire garage because my current filter can't keep up with the dank. This last week has been super fragrant! Note to all, if you're growing mango and keep her happy she will def smell up your entire home! On the plus side she's baking pies to mask it....mmmm

Just got a phone call from mrs cough because even though my filter is 3 weeks old the whole place is starting to smell! Guess I'm stopping on the way home to pick up another one to scrub the entire garage because my current filter can't keep up with the dank. This last week has been super fragrant! Note to all, if you're growing mango and keep her happy she will def smell up your entire home! On the plus side she's baking pies to mask it....mmmm

Going to quote the above and respond in your journal to keep from derailing this thread.

Edit: Link to response

After the unfortunate split that occurred just over a week ago to 3-WWG, who is one of my 2 Quadlined girls. I patched her up with some electrical tape.

But she didn't blink from the injury, it seemed to cause her no issues at all. Here she is at the bottom of the picture with her step sister (2-WW) at the top end. Both enjoying some nice sunshine. :hookah:

They have both gone into stretch mode and beginning to thicken up around the nodes with pistils. But not yet into clusters of pistils/budlets at the flower tops. No further training needed now. The Quadlined method has produced a fairly good horizontal presentation of what will be colas in the coming weeks. I am hoping both plants have sufficient nutrients left in the soil to carry them thru flowering to harvest. So far that are looking better bigger and stronger than last year's grow.

I don't think there is any other plant that causes the same magnetic need to repeatably check and gaze upon it, and dream of the flowering growth ahead. All the best for everyone else's grows!
:ganjamon:
Had the same problem with my bonsai chemdawg...split down middle too...its definately given it a boost off enenergy this is her now
20200120_161239.jpg
20200122_144114.jpg
24days flowering under 2 450w dual spec cfl

Had the same problem with my bonsai chemdawg...split down middle too...its definately given it a boost off enenergy this is her
20200122_144114.jpg
24days flowering under 2 450w dual spec cfl
That looks great Commando. I am hoping mine might get a bit of extra wild bud production too :thumb: :blunt:

Hey All! I think I'm ready to give this a shot. Think I'll try 1 to see how I like it. I have a vigorous BCP about ready to be stripped of nodes 1&2. I want to make sure I get it right. Do we include the nodes where there are 1 and 3 bladed leaves or start counting nodes at 5?

I read the 1st few pages and didn't see the answer so figured I'd just ask.

Looking forward to this!

:passitleft:

Hey All! I think I'm ready to give this a shot. Think I'll try 1 to see how I like it. I have a vigorous BCP about ready to be stripped of nodes 1&2. I want to make sure I get it right. Do we include the nodes where there are 1 and 3 bladed leaves or start counting nodes at 5?

Looking forward to this!
I think most people will top after the 4th node but they will probably let it grow out to 5 or 6 nodes first. The nodes as I identify them, is the first node is the single blade leaf the 2nd node the triple blade leaf and the 3rd a 5 blade leaf.
I have followed Light Addict's topping approach where he micro tops off the 4th node when it is about an inch high to do his Fluxing training. I did that last season too, and I was going to do Fluxing again this season as well, but after I did the micro topping above the 3rd node, before I got around to stripping off the 1st and 2nd nodes I had the thought to why not Quadline them. So I kept the 2nd and 3rd nodes for the main Quadlined arms. Otherwise for Quadlining I would have topped above the 4th node, and grown out the 3rd and 4th nodes for Quad arms. But I don't think it has made any difference. Both my plants being Quadlined on their 2nd and 3rd nodes appear to be going pretty well, there is a pic of them I posted yesterday a few postings above here somewhere.

Looking forward to this!

Hay Ween @Dutchman1990 has a GREAT journal he is doing now. It has pictures of exactly where to cut and how to quad It would be worth checking out. Very descriptive on what to do when and how. Maybe some of his work could be condensed and put on this thread for reference

I have always clipped the nodes after topping but for no particular reason, perhaps it works better beforehand like the directions you have, but somehow I'd imagine it is all pretty much the same. Good luck. :hookah:

Can someone else confirm that 1 and 3 bladed leaves count as nodes 1&2?
They do...
I top and shave the nodes at the same time- why make her have to recover twice- rip that bandaid off!
Three or 4 days later, it's time to start tying the branches down...

Thanks carcass! The deed is done so I'm just gonna wait a day or two to top.

Cheers! :passitleft:
Hey Ween! Welcome brother! Yes count every node. And if the plant seems healthy then feel free to top and remove nodes on the same day. Since you are using the kit maybe give her a spritz of destress the day before and maybe a few days after if she looks like she needs it. If it was a plant that didn’t look real healthy then you might want to spread the topping and the node removal out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom