The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Can I join in on the fun?
20200127_153244.jpg

Zkittles from i49
Definitely. She’s lookin good!

Whatsup guys,

A quick question..
I have 25 plants in a 5x5 tent and the tent is full. I want to create only 4 main colas per plant without other side branches.. just only 4 stalks/colas per plant, would this technique do the right thing for my needs?
Or would it be too crowded using this technique? Or should I top them just once..
Still trying to figure out what's the best thing to do.. they're all mostly indica's
This is my tent at the moment, most of them are beginning node 5 now:
IMG_20200129_231822.jpg

IMG_20200129_231752.jpg

Whatsup guys,

A quick question..
I have 25 plants in a 5x5 tent and the tent is full. I want to create only 4 main colas per plant without other side branches.. just only 4 stalks/colas per plant, would this technique do the right thing for my needs?
Or would it be too crowded using this technique? Or should I top them just once..
Still trying to figure out what's the best thing to do.. they're all mostly indica's
This is my tent at the moment, most of them are beginning node 5 now:
IMG_20200129_231822.jpg

IMG_20200129_231752.jpg
You probably wouldn’t have to do all the training like we do. You could use nodes 3 and 4 and get nice size colas. Just let them go more vertical to save your horizontal space. You can pick off any undesirable branches through veg.

If you want 4 colas each,without the plants getting a lot wider,you could just top them.

From Uncle Ben's topping technique:

"Selecting the point for topping to get 4 main colas -

To get 4 main colas, let your seedling or cutting (clone) grow to about 5-6 nodes and pinch out (cut) the stem just above the 2nd true node. The node where the cotyledons attach doesn't count. The result will be a redistribution of the auxins and other hormones that normally collect in the tissue of the terminal leader's tip. These ho moans will be redistributed to dormant buds that reside in the nodal axis where the leaf petiole attaches to the "trunk", below the cut. The new foliar output response will be quick (within 24 hrs., see photo below) if you have a healthy growing seedling and will be your future main colas - 4 instead of the usual 1: "

If you want 4 colas each,without the plants getting a lot wider,you could just top them.

From Uncle Ben's topping technique:

"Selecting the point for topping to get 4 main colas -

To get 4 main colas, let your seedling or cutting (clone) grow to about 5-6 nodes and pinch out (cut) the stem just above the 2nd true node. The node where the cotyledons attach doesn't count. The result will be a redistribution of the auxins and other hormones that normally collect in the tissue of the terminal leader's tip. These ho moans will be redistributed to dormant buds that reside in the nodal axis where the leaf petiole attaches to the "trunk", below the cut. The new foliar output response will be quick (within 24 hrs., see photo below) if you have a healthy growing seedling and will be your future main colas - 4 instead of the usual 1: "
Thanks, so only use node 1 and 2 to get 4 mains.. but some plants of mine have very weak first node branches and some have strong ones, so maybe better to use node 2 and 3 or like with quadlining use node 3 and 4?

You probably wouldn’t have to do all the training like we do. You could use nodes 3 and 4 and get nice size colas. Just let them go more vertical to save your horizontal space. You can pick off any undesirable branches through veg.
Is it essential to use node 3 and 4? Or wouldn't it make any difference to use node 2 and 3 as they are already have more develloped branches?

Thanks, so only use node 1 and 2 to get 4 mains.. but some plants of mine have very weak first node branches and some have strong ones, so maybe better to use node 2 and 3 or like with quadlining use node 3 and 4?
I used 3 and 4 for mine. My nodes were so close together that the 3rd was about 4 inches from dirt.

3 and 4 are typically the first with 5 finger leaves. Not always but usually

3 and 4 are typically the first with 5 finger leaves. Not always but usually
So that would make a difference between using first and second node?

Did quadlining with 6 plants on my first grow in rdwc but I'm a bit afraid they will turn out to big using this technique with 25 ladies in the 5x5.
This was my first grow:
0C4A43B2-0A42-456D-A5DD-65517B51D122.jpeg
852974B0-F8E2-4970-9F31-7AE94FA09A20.jpeg

ECBD65F4-2702-4D83-9212-293C4FE0B9F9.jpeg
D7DB7CFB-1DB4-4F3F-B1C0-66588EBA6EB6.jpeg

Did quadlining with 6 plants on my first grow in rdwc but I'm a bit afraid they will turn out to big using this technique with 25 ladies in the 5x5.
This was my first grow:
0C4A43B2-0A42-456D-A5DD-65517B51D122.jpeg
852974B0-F8E2-4970-9F31-7AE94FA09A20.jpeg

ECBD65F4-2702-4D83-9212-293C4FE0B9F9.jpeg
D7DB7CFB-1DB4-4F3F-B1C0-66588EBA6EB6.jpeg
Wow you killed it for a first, 15th or even 20th grow Great job :thumb:

Wow you killed it for a first, 15th or even 20th grow Great job :thumb:
Thanks man, pulled off a nice yield as well with a really really great smoke !

One of the 10 girls growing at the moment, all of which have been quadlined. Some have come out better than others, but they are all growing well.

She started life out as a runt, but really wanted to live. So, here she is. She's a GDP, born on Dec 7th. She struggled for the first 6 weeks of her life. She was a couple week behind when being moved into my RDWC setup, and just never really took off. I moved her to a solo cup of perlite around Dec 28th, and replaced her spot in the water with a second Strawberry Lemonade.

Once she hit the solo cup she gave it the ol college try. Finally on Jan 15th, she was moved into a more permanent setup. Her own private suite with a nice Dutch bucket rig. :)

More on her backstory, if interested, here:

Now, where were we? Oh, right!

33b10544-c0b8-4438-972c-80f60f6cbe59-jpeg.2029881

Here she is, just about to come out of her solo cup and into her Dutch bucket. Not the removal of her first two nodes, as well as the cotyledons.

6655d60d-ba7e-495e-bf21-597e6dbf1344-jpeg.2029797

Moved into her new home, ready to see what the world can be. Little did she know what was in store in a week or so...

25837948-4c68-44b2-9bbe-554198a74c14-jpeg.2036772

A topping and some bondage!

e25bded7-c35c-4ed3-87d3-858a1e5f5eb9-jpeg.2039652

A week later, and she's responding well. (Jan 23rd)

e0226b04-c968-4599-8bcc-995924217c2e-jpeg.2042486

Which brings us to today. She's almost out to the edge of her bucket, and will be headed up in the next few weeks under a new lighting schedule.

For her I've taken off the first two nodes on each branch. They won't do much in the long run, so better to just get it out of the way now. I will also trim off the nodes which end up coming out pointing up and down as the fans end up blocking light, and this will also help keep her from becoming too dense. Once she's growing upwards, I'll cease taking those nodes as they will now be horizontal.

Not 100% sure yet, but I'll most likely give her some additional netting support. I may also do a bit of weaving to let he grow out a little more.

She's still a bit of a slow grower, but that's ok. She's got time and space, so not worried about it at all. :)

The buds will be peeking above the frosted glass! There goes your stealth!
:oops:
Hi Felipe, Yes you are right. They seem to be growing an inch or two each night. I have been thinking of investigating the technique known as Supercropping but had never got around to it. But as you observed, "there goes your stealth", and who knows how much taller they'll get before they halt and go into bloom mode, once they thicken up it will be even more obvious. So I just went for it, tentatively at first, then pretty much bending them at will. By this evening the ends were already mostly growing up, tomorrow they should have perked up further. Here's a pic of the larger one after I tried out supercropping on her this morning.
:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom