The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Greetings all!
Last night i chopped down my ripest mango lady and ooooh boooy was she fragrant!
From just moving her out of the bloom room and pulling off any fan leaves w/o trichs my hands, arms, and shirt were all super sticky and i had to scrub down multiple times with rubbing alcohol and dish soap before running to the store.
And even then we were walking down an aisle and mrs cough was like "Dude...you better dodge any cops you see because
You wreak of weed!!"
Anyhow, very happy of how well the quad training turned out. Hoping to get a few oz dry off of her!

Attachments

• 20200205_212500.jpg
    20200205_212500.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200205_205549.jpg
    20200205_205549.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200205_205521.jpg
    20200205_205521.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200205_205427.jpg
    20200205_205427.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200205_205409.jpg
    20200205_205409.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 61
Good evening folks. I have done this before, but it was with autos. It turned out well. I didn't think I'd be getting 2-3 ounces per plants with autos, qualining worked well!

Anyway, I want to do it a photo grow I have coming up. My question is, do you plant seed right into the final pot? That's what I did with the autos, but I always do that with autos. That made it simple to go right into quadlining, no transplanting. So, I am trying to envision how I would grow it in solo cup to start and then up pot it twice while still tying down the 4 branches?

Any helped appreciated.

I'm doing it with 4x Royal Queen Gorilla and 4x Barney's Farm Strawberry Lemonade. Hoping those are compatible.

Thoughts?

Well, I think I'm going with the two choices I mentioned above. But when I went to put all the seeds away, and now.... Well I know I am not the only one here with this issue... You all know where I am at in my head right now!

BD9C461D-6782-4C75-BE09-9C6FF02465E5.jpeg

Anyway, I want to do it a photo grow I have coming up. My question is, do you plant seed right into the final pot? That's what I did with the autos, but I always do that with autos. That made it simple to go right into quadlining, no transplanting. So, I am trying to envision how I would grow it in solo cup to start and then up pot it twice while still tying down the 4 branches?

Any helped appreciated.
Well, just to give my 2 cents. I made sure to have mine in their final pots once serious Quad training began. I feel you can perhaps get away with up potting after initial training starts but wait too long and it could become challenging/a pain.
I germinated mine into, I think 4 liter pots, and then up potted to 30 & 50 liter pots. It seemed to have worked well.

It is personal how many times you up pot, but the main thing to me is, to have her in her final pot once serious Quadlining training starts, i.e. you may have starting the topping and initial training out of the 4 arms but get it in the final pot before there are too many branches and training wires to contend with.

Nice seed pics, they look appealing anyway but more so in their breeder packs!
:thumb:

Well, just to give my 2 cents. I made sure to have mine in their final pots once serious Quad training began. I feel you can perhaps get away with up potting after initial training starts but wait too long and it could become challenging/a pain.
I germinated mine into, I think 4 liter pots, and then up potted to 30 & 50 liter pots. It seemed to have worked well.

It is personal how many times you up pot, but the main thing to me is, to have her in her final pot once serious Quadlining training starts, i.e. you may have starting the topping and initial training out of the 4 arms but get it in the final pot before there are too many branches and training wires to contend with.

Nice seed pics, they look appealing anyway but more so in their breeder packs!
:thumb:

Thanks! I'm gonna drop the original seeds I thought I was gonna. They are my number 1 and 2 favorite seed maker dudes, so I'm going with the Gorilla and the Strawberry Lemonade this time.

Unless you all tell me diff, I'm going to start in solo cups, and then up pot straight to the final 5g pot I will go all the way with.

@Stunger , is that congruent with what you were explaining? Just want to make sure I understood you!

Thanks again dude.

Thanks! I'm gonna drop the original seeds I thought I was gonna. They are my number 1 and 2 favorite seed maker dudes, so I'm going with the Gorilla and the Strawberry Lemonade this time.

Unless you all tell me diff, I'm going to start in solo cups, and then up pot straight to the final 5g pot I will go all the way with.

@Stunger , is that congruent with what you were explaining? Just want to make sure I understood you!

Thanks again dude.
Yes exactly.
The main thing is get them in their final pot before you start seriously training them unless you're happy to undo lots of training and redo it.
Seed selection looks great!

Yes exactly.
The main thing is get them in their final pot before you start seriously training them unless you're happy to undo lots of training and redo it.
Seed selection looks great!

You hit it, I don't want to have to redo anything. I'll go from solo cup to final pot and once the up pot takes and they are stable, I'll start training the Quadline!

Thanks, again!

I think I got the hang of this? Here is my second grow, kept two nodes, topped and then trained outward. I'm amazed at the vigorous trunk and growth of the plant in general. Perhaps I should have topped the 4 main branches after growing out 2 nodes on each, but with this grow I kept one node on each of the 4 branches without topping them, which will make 12 colas if I keep it pruned.

0207201803 (1).jpg

0207201731b (1).jpg

How i do it is i start seeds in soil 1 gal can. I used to do solo and found out 1gals is better. Training is started right off the bat. No wait is needed. The key is to do a little here and there. You just want to build their strengths to take a little bit of abuse before doing the topping.
After the seeds grow a few nodes, have a couple set of fan leaves I cull the first set of leaves and do nothing else. That's just the start of training and i wait a few days before i pull a couple more. just work my way up little a until the day they are topped to start the four main branches. From there its a breeze keeping everything down and strip any thing that needed to be removed. Once the 1 gal pot is rootbound + need extra water to keep it from wilting is when i transplant em into its final home. Once they are settled in, explosion of growth happens and lots of new bud sites come up.

If i wait for the final pot, it'll be quite late for quadlining lol.

You hit it, I don't want to have to redo anything. I'll go from solo cup to final pot and once the up pot takes and they are stable, I'll start training the Quadline!

Thanks, again!
I should add, that my growing is outdoors and when I top off the 4th node I do so as a micro topping when the 4th node is barely an inch long, it is probably more common for people to top the 4th node off when the plant has grown to 5 or 6 nodes. But this was how @LightAddict did topping in his Fluxing training that I was following last season. In fact with my current grow I micro topped off the 4th nodes in preparation for Fluxing again but I didn't get around to pruning off nodes 1 and 2 straight away and then I had the afterthought to instead Quadline, so I used the 2nd and 3rd node pair to make the Quadlines, most people recommend using the 3rd and 4th, but so far, I feel the plants have flourished quite fine being Quadlined with their 2nd and 3rd nodes. Anyway growing is flexible, there are usually many ways to do things, but this has worked well for the approach that I take, to micro top off the 4th node and when the 3rd node pair grows out I then up pot to the final pot for the 'serious' training. :goodluck:

Wondering what others thoughts are on what training method keeps the girls shorter, quadlining, fluxing, mainlining, lst? Growing in a short space myself due to needing stealth, height is always a concern. I have had good results with mainlining and so far with flux with keeping them short. Obviously strain will play a huge part in this. Thx

Wondering what others thoughts are on what training method keeps the girls shorter, quadlining, fluxing, mainlining, lst? Growing in a short space myself due to needing stealth, height is always a concern. I have had good results with mainlining and so far with flux with keeping them short. Obviously strain will play a huge part in this. Thx

So far, quadlining is my favorite so far. But I've only done it once, and it was with auto gorilla glue, so short to begin with. But the number and thickness of all the colas impressed me. Excited to get the next batch going.

Sorry for spamming folks! I was curious, does quadlining work better or worse depending on if the genetics are Sativa, Hybrid or Indica?

Quadline is similar in that regard, but drastically shortens your recovery time as there is only 1 topping done.

From there it’s LST and up to you on how well it works.

Quadlining is not strain dependent. A strain will behave according to genetics. There are ways to manage stretchy strains though. (Scrog, flip earlier, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom