The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

here she is. i just hope i didnt do too much at once. time will tell how she takes it. but its done
20200208_131200.jpg
20200208_131438.jpg
20200208_131203.jpg
20200208_131433.jpg

Wondering what others thoughts are on what training method keeps the girls shorter, quadlining, fluxing, mainlining, lst? Growing in a short space myself due to needing stealth, height is always a concern. I have had good results with mainlining and so far with flux with keeping them short. Obviously strain will play a huge part in this. Thx
Previously I have been into Fluxing, but now I feel Quadlining is the way to go for outdoor purposes at least, as when outdoors the timing is down to nature, when Fluxing indoors you can take however long you need in Veg to get the plant how you want it before flowering, but this time, for me with Quadlining I have left all laterals on the Quad arms, including 'under and overs' in an attempt to maximize the number of colas before nature causes the switch to flowering.
The only other thing I would add to keep the girls short is Supercropping which I have done for the first time this grow at the end of Stretching and have been really impressed with it so far.

Any input? Should I go for it @Derbybud ?
Well you could Hexline her out from here, altho it staggers my imagination to think of all the potential lateral growth she'd get. Otherwise, just cut off 1,2 & 5 as you've highlighted and grow her out as a Quadline, she will be great. :thumb:

So far, quadlining is my favorite so far. But I've only done it once, and it was with auto gorilla glue, so short to begin with. But the number and thickness of all the colas impressed me. Excited to get the next batch going.
It is interesting that you Quadlined an auto, and a Gorilla Glue at that. I'm am currently growing an auto for the first time, I have LST'd it, it's a Gorilla Glue too, from 420, where did your's come from and what sort of yield did you get?

It is interesting that you Quadlined an auto, and a Gorilla Glue at that. I'm am currently growing an auto for the first time, I have LST'd it, it's a Gorilla Glue too, from 420, where did your's come from and what sort of yield did you get?

Original Sensible Seeds, and I got 343 grams from 5 plants. Quality was nice, very nice!

Seed drop complete! Hoping for 4x Royal Gorilla and 4x Strawberry Lemonade to get my quadline ish going. Gonna need help, please please please help!

4 weeks after this seed drop, I have 5x feminized Dr. Grinspoon that I wanted to. I think @Bush Doctor 77 is doing his Dr Grinspoon scrog, so I might do it quadline (if the experts here think it might work).

good job ween!

It looks good moe! I'm with derby and Dont worry it's not too late. Mine was done lil late just like yours maybe a little taller since i like having abundance of air flow/space between canopy and pots. They still came out really good and getting ready for bloom now. got a question for ya. are you going to take any clones at some point? If you are, honestly i'd leave the bottom nodes alone and let em grow straight up while you do lst with the four main branches. That way those bottom branches can get large enough to become a potential clone. Could make six nice clones out of those.

here she is. i just hope i didnt do too much at once. time will tell how she takes it. but its done
20200208_131200.jpg
20200208_131438.jpg
20200208_131203.jpg
20200208_131433.jpg

Nicely done! At this stage they will recover very fast and your plants are nice and healthy so she will barely notice all the stuff you removed. I would highly recommend using some tomato wire or those fuzzy tie things or something other than the direct contact from the metal stakes you are using for training. The metal stakes will eventually cause a little bruising on those branches but likely before that even happens the plant will get big and strong and pull them right out. They don't look like they are down very far. Just some tips but nice job on the initial start to a quadline.

i know this isn't quad lining but what do you all think about this feisty little cheese auto? she decided to start flowering on me super early like day 20 from breaking ground. It's now day 28 for her and the cement shoes from breaking ground.

do any of you think it would be beneficial to bend her over like this kinda?

cheese 1.jpg

i know i don't want to top or any other hst with her. just don't know whether it would be helpful to bend her over a little to expose the lower site a bit.

shes a fickle little thing haha in such a rush

20200208_184049.jpg

@limpfingerz207 and @Asesino85 i didn't save any for clones, they were pretty small and i already have three going and am quiet new to this so i think ill have enough to keep me busy with them. and yeah after i put the staples on i started thinking i should put them in as anchors and use my garden wire, ill do that either tonight or tomorrow.

i know this isn't quad lining but what do you all think about this feisty little cheese auto? she decided to start flowering on me super early like day 20 from breaking ground. It's now day 28 for her and the cement shoes from breaking ground.

do any of you think it would be beneficial to bend her over like this kinda?

cheese 1.jpg

i know i don't want to top or any other hst with her. just don't know whether it would be helpful to bend her over a little to expose the lower site a bit.

shes a fickle little thing haha in such a rush

20200208_184049.jpg

@limpfingerz207 and @Asesino85 i didn't save any for clones, they were pretty small and i already have three going and am quiet new to this so i think ill have enough to keep me busy with them. and yeah after i put the staples on i started thinking i should put them in as anchors and use my garden wire, ill do that either tonight or tomorrow.

I’m not an expert on Autos but I’d just let her grow without doing anything to her. It’s already pretty small and might as well just let her grow naturally. Maybe before she was flowering that could have helped the lower nodes catch up more but I don’t see it helping a ton now.

My 2 bcp X bt started their training today.

20200208_190025.jpg

Not pinned flat but left on an angle.

#quadsquad

On with the show!

Back
Top Bottom