The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

This really caught my attention after seeing how this works, love it and already started on my Gorilla Glue #4, and I cut 5 clones from her as I was doing this, it'll be sweet if they root, I will be doing this on my Northern Lights also, thank you for this awesome information.
Screenshot_20200212-011230_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200212-011023_Gallery.jpg
Got my Northern Lights done tonight, and cut 2 clones from her.
Screenshot_20200214-022659_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-022710_Gallery.jpg

:yummy:

Today I carried out what I hope should be the final canopy adjustments before bloom fully kicks in. Mostly I just tied down errant growth, I only did a handful of supercroppings, as I have already extensively supercropped both my Quadlined girls. I only took a pic of one to see how the developing budsites would show up in the half light. :hookah:

I found that after 7 weeks of veg the growth rate of the first lateral branches from node one were not able to reach the canopy where all others had already reached. If I wanted them to be equal I would have to add a week or two to my veg time, and as you can see from the pic I already tied down the main branches to give the others their chance to shine.

The first lateral branches from node 2 are doing just fine, so for next grow I think I'll grow the second lateral branches on node 2 and just keep the mains from the first node.

Here is a picture of two of the first lateral branches from node 1 that I removed (marked white)...

0207201803 (1) (1).jpg

Here is a second plant after removing those 4...

0214201440c.jpg

I did this with two different plants, one Blue Dream one Cherry Pie.

Has anyone else seen this? I want to keep my veg time short but still reap the bennies of this training method. Perhaps others let branches grow into flower that don't make it to the canopy?

Thanks!

Has anyone else seen this? I want to keep my veg time short but still reap the bennies of this training method. Perhaps others let branches grow into flower that don't make it to the canopy?
Just my 2 cents. I am growing 2 girls that I Quadlined. I had first intended to train them with Fluxing, and topped both plants above the 3rd node but I didn't immediately get around to pruning off the first 2 nodes. It was only after a couple of days the thought occurred to me to Quadline both plants, so I only pruned off the first node (with single blade leaves). On one of my plants (2-WW, a picture of which I posted just above yesterday), a slug ate most of the tender young 3rd node, and for a week or so it looked like I'd lose that node and have to go back to my original intention of Fluxing the plant, however eventually the 3rd node recovered and grew out, but in the meantime the plant had made the 2nd node the main 2 growth arms and it's the 2nd node knuckle grew much larger than the 3rd node.

For what it's worth because I am growing outside and cannot vege/flower the plants at will, like in indoor growing by controlling the lighting, I have let all lateral growth branches grow out. Last season when Fluxing I followed the indoor protocol of pruning off all over/under laterals and only leaving side by side laterals, which I later regretted and I believe it reduced my overall yield, so for this season's outdoor grow I have purposely left all lateral growth on the plant without pruning any off at all. Perhaps, I will regret that, but so far it looks better to me than instead if I'd pruning them off. However in saying that, a lot of variation is possible as so much is dependent upon each individual grow conditions and style. All the best. :hookah:

10 of 10 germinated, Baby Yoda did his bit... 10 of 10 sprouted!

5x RQS Royal Gorilla and 5x Barney’s Farm Strawberry Lemonade. Not sure if I am quadlining all 10, or half of each strain. Also, need to get rid of 2, to keep under the legal limit of 12 plants, I'll also have 4 Dr Grinspoon going soon. So, 2 will be donated to whoever has room local.

Yah just know that if I only planted the 8 seeds I was looking for, I would have had failures!

14B2C5AC-2DFC-473A-A32B-AF6E76308289.jpeg

lateral branches from node one were not able to reach the canopy

After reflecting on this, it IS ultimately my responsibility to even out the canopy with training if I want x number of colas to share apical dominance, sooooo I'll blame myself. For next grow I'll pay more attention to that and maybe try both quad and flux methods and compare.

After reflecting on this, it IS ultimately my responsibility to even out the canopy with training if I want x number of colas to share apical dominance, sooooo I'll blame myself. For next grow I'll pay more attention to that and maybe try both quad and flux methods and compare.
You might have to include supercropping and tying down as well if you are after a level canopy, I've done both with my Quadlined girls.

Does any one here know of someone who has or had a largest indoor plant that's quadlined? I wonder if I should have a guinness award for the largest indoor quadlined plants?? o.0 mine is 6ft 5 wide and under 3 ft tall, might finish as 4 ft monsters. gonna get some pics in a sec
That is impressive! As your's is an indoor grow, how long did you veg her for? I guess she has started stretching now by the look of her. Mine have finished stretching after 4+ months veging outdoors, and are now at the budset stage, the canopy of the smaller one (2-WW) is 20 inches high from the rim of the pot. However, your plant is a monster, only by combining my 2 plants would I get close to that size! :thumb: :bravo:

Awesome thanks man! Me neither i cannot wait to see buds start showing up and start smelling em when the stink hits! For real, you think that pic is POTM material???!!!?? If so, heck i should try enter it and see what happens. :thumb: :blunt:

Not nessisarily this pic but this plant for sure. This could be 1 of the pics but you really need one right at or near harvest to show off the amazing buds.

:passitleft:

I just found this quad squad, either way I thought I’d pit a picture of my quadline Pineapple Express for you guys to take a look at.
B7A0BCE9-4D90-473F-81FE-A0B24CAAC345.png
40A44C23-5A57-4DA8-A2CA-A86C44018740.jpeg
She’s lookin nice and healthy for her size. Fat branches already. Hopefully to hold up some fat buds in the end. Can I see a pic from the side to better see how the branches are angled?

Back
Top Bottom