The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Not the best picture, just transplanted this morning into its final home.
BDA883C2-5F11-4395-A4A7-686DBE350392.jpeg

I’ve been letting the lowers 2 catch up to the uppers to try to even the canopy.

Here is a picture of the root ball as I transplanted
D20D6869-F1E1-430B-9A64-CE61ED3AC485.jpeg
7BBC6581-7D5B-4329-8019-A50DD0BA46F3.jpeg
Looks good. If the inner branches on the top 2 main branches end up outgrowing the ends of those mains, you could probably let up a little on the the first hook that is facing the camera in the last pic. See how that branch has that little up and down wave to it. My Chemdog was like that and the middle branches were growing straight up and the ends stopped growing. I wouldn’t change it unless you see that happening though. She’s purdy! What I had done by training it that way was confuse the plant. It started pumping auxins (growth hormones) into those inner branches thinking they were the tips. Gravity plays a part in where the plant sends auxins so the wave I had in mine threw it off. Let me see if I can find a pic of when they were outgrowing the rest of the plant.
You can kinda see it in this one! She still turned out beautiful but it took some extra training to get her there. Lol. Anyway...keep up the good work!

Nice looking plant you got there. I have only ever grown outdoors, but I marvel at the uniform perfect appearance of some indoor grown plants, your's is included in that :thumb:

Just curious, when you say 2 feet tall, do you mean from the rim/stem base to the top of the canopy, or the whole plant and pot included?

Nice looking plant you got there. I have only ever grown outdoors, but I marvel at the uniform perfect appearance of some indoor grown plants, your's is included in that :thumb:

Just curious, when you say 2 feet tall, do you mean from the rim/stem base to the top of the canopy, or the whole plant and pot included?
Thank you. The total height would include the pot. Its probably closer to 2.5 feet as that was just a guess.
20200216_105453.jpg

Question for all you quad pros iut there.
My centre shoots are getting much taller then the main four. I'm out of room for LST. Can I just top all the shoots? Will this mess with my yields in the end?
I'll post a more recent pic tonight when I get home.

Attachments

• 20200211_191135.jpg
    20200211_191135.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
My centre shoots are getting much taller then the main four. I'm out of room for LST. Can I just top all the shoots? Will this mess with my yields in the end?
You can pinch stems to slow the growth down.

Super crop one node below the tops. Just give them a nice squeeze and slowly bend them over. SCing close to the tip or 1 set of leaves down from the tips will make it easy and slow the growth of those bud sites while the others catch up

Pinch as in pinch the tops to squish them or pinch as in top? I've seen pinch used for both lol.
What I meant was pinch the stem near the top like you were going to super crop it. It will throw some energy into repairing the squished part of the stem. Hope this helps.

Btw if you made the switch to 12/12 now the plant might be ready for easter;)

What I meant was pinch the stem near the top like you were going to super crop it. It will throw some energy into repairing the squished part of the stem. Hope this helps.

I haven't made the flip yet. Planning for it in the next week or two though. Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try.

Yes pench the stem one set of leafs below the top. There is new growth there and they are much more playable in that area so pinch it until it gives a little, Keep squeezing and slowly bend it over to a 90 degree angle. That sends growth hormone to all the other bud sites and allows them to catch up. Make sure you don't cut into it with a finger nail when you do it. That's how I trained mine and I have a nice even canopy
Tent pic #2 2 16 2020.jpg

She’s pretty. What kind of defoliation have you done so far? Hard to tell from the top pic but since you are getting close to flip she could probably be defoliated a bit. Lolipopped. That may open up some free space for a little more training. Sometimes I will pull a side branch down toward an empty spot and tie her there by running a pipe cleaner from that branch to a nearby one that will hold it in position. Supercropping will work too. And now would be a good time to do it.

My first grow I scrog’d. This grow I decided to try quadlining, after reading this thread and seeing some of the journals. Although she’s growing fast and a little deficient, here is one of my plants I quadlined.... I probably should have defoliated about a third of her, from the bottom?

68BF293C-C236-409C-9334-A6091E56DAA2.jpeg
That’s a nice lookin plant. You are probably right about the defoliation. You can see that those little pieces of bud on the lower third are underdeveloped Compared to the tops. I like to think about the flow of energy through the plant. So removing that stuff allows that growth energy to be used in the main tops.

She’s pretty. What kind of defoliation have you done so far? Hard to tell from the top pic but since you are getting close to flip she could probably be defoliated a bit. Lolipopped. That may open up some free space for a little more training. Sometimes I will pull a side branch down toward an empty spot and tie her there by running a pipe cleaner from that branch to a nearby one that will hold it in position. Supercropping will work too. And now would be a good time to do it.
I'm constantly taking leaves off. This pic was last week. She looks quite different now. Well fuller lol. She's only about 5" off the soil. I need her to go up a bit more before lollypopping.

I'm constantly taking leaves off. This pic was last week. She looks quite different now. Well fuller lol. She's only about 5" off the soil. I need her to go up a bit more before lollypopping.
Oh ok. It’s always deceptive how tall they are from the top view pics. Lol. Then I would probably go with PC’s advice and supercrop the longest ones. That will keep everything level and give you the time you need for everything to go vertical before flip.

Hello all, mind if I participate here? I have been plugging away at this thread for a few days. A little here and there when I get a moment. Anyway. I was not happy with the yields of my last two runs so I have decided to try quadlining to help with my yields. I have about twelve plants that I will quadline soon. As soon as the 6th node gets a little more developed, I'll top them to the fourth node and use the tops as clones. More info as I get going on it.

Back
Top Bottom