The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

How wide are those?
Hi Scrog, the bigger one (3-WWG) in it's 50 liter pot is nearly 4.5 feet across, and the smaller one (2-WW) in a 30 liter pot is about 3 inches short of 4 feet. Due to having to train them out rather than up for stealth reasons they are quite wide.:cool:

So many great quadlines going on right now! Seems like there is a grip of people that are all towards the end of flowing and the results are fantastic!

In other news I got a new journal up and running if anyone wants to swing by! Just click the link below. Hope to see ya'll there!
Ase's New Quadlining Journal!

And the deed is done! Took off nodes what I thought was 4-5 but actually was 6-7; wasn't paying attention so this actually is a #HEX instead? Should I drop it down a node or just go with it? She looks pretty stout, so I'm not really concerned about her being able to handle the weight...just a little different approach maybe and can LST to spread it out evenly. Am I out of the club if I keep her this way? :(

20200226_174851.jpg
20200226_174904.jpg

20200226_175544.jpg
20200226_175404.jpg

Made a little clone too to see if there's more coming later...
20200226_174957.jpg

Nice! I had one hex-line too but I recently had to get rid of it. Turned out to be male, branch structure was nice though. Here’s a picture after I took off all the fan leafs and growth to show the branch structure.
7AFB6073-DA32-49F6-B620-03F1CDF462F3.jpeg

All the mains were at the same height. Was a beauty,

And the deed is done! Took off nodes what I thought was 4-5 but actually was 6-7; wasn't paying attention so this actually is a #HEX instead? Should I drop it down a node or just go with it?
If it was me I'd grow it out as a Hex, for sure. But if you were going to reduce it to a Quad I'd perhaps take off the lower node pair, but keeping it Hex would get my vote.:cool:

And the deed is done! Took off nodes what I thought was 4-5 but actually was 6-7; wasn't paying attention so this actually is a #HEX instead? Should I drop it down a node or just go with it? She looks pretty stout, so I'm not really concerned about her being able to handle the weight...just a little different approach maybe and can LST to spread it out evenly. Am I out of the club if I keep her this way? :(

20200226_174851.jpg
20200226_174904.jpg

20200226_175544.jpg
20200226_175404.jpg

Made a little clone too to see if there's more coming later...
20200226_174957.jpg
I hexlined one of my plants and it actually got too bushy. Not saying that's a bad thing but there isn't much room to train her. So some tops end up in the shadows.

I hexlined one of my plants and it actually got too bushy. Not saying that's a bad thing but there isn't much room to train her. So some tops end up in the shadows.

I had the exact experience! Requires more aggressive training and management time compared to dual or quad... different strokes! :)

Hey Squad, Thought is give a little update on the quadline I’ve been working on. Looking to get that hashtag lol, let me know what you think so far.
5FA71783-D909-4BCB-BC26-3AC721407B4E.jpeg
EE22D329-E4A0-468D-AD0E-F0FE89D1946F.jpeg
5FA71783-D909-4BCB-BC26-3AC721407B4E.jpeg

I dig it! Looks great. Nice and sturdy. Anyone who tried quadlining can throw up that hashtag and you are well on your way so you can throw it in your signature whenever! Are you in 12/12 yet or still in veg?

I have found that there comes to a point where there is too many branches and it’s hard to maintain them all being at the same level and have enough space. However, if you were doing a grow outdoors and you wanted to get one of those huge plants that everyone sees in pictures where people have to climb ladders, you could probably pull off 6-8 main branches with no problem. In a normal indoor grow though with limited time and space, I’ve found 3-4 branches to plenty and gives you enough space to train properly. I say 3 because we all have been there before when we hear a snap and think.... oh no! But I’ve had plenty of tri-lines that have turned out almost as well as quadlines.

Thanks. Just started 12/12 a week ago, these were Reg seeds and a couple showed male tendencies. So I flipped them to show sex and got rid of the males,
They have a great structure and should really start stretching over the next week. I think you’ve done a great job so far and please come back and post an update of what they look like post-stretch!

They have a great structure and should really start stretching over the next week. I think you’ve done a great job so far and please come back and post an update of what they look like post-stretch!

Without a doubt. I’ll update along the way!

Just wanted to say this is an awesome thread and thank Asesino85 for taking the time to to share this information. Also thank you to everyone who has been involved in it so far. I'm not even halfway through reading the thread yet but had to stop and say a big thank you. It has been a fascinating read so far. I'll be following #Qaudsquad grows from here on out.

I'll definately be trying this out next grow

Do you your girls get tired by the end of the day, expecting the lights you go out so they can sleep? I don't recall seeing this activity before but maybe I wasn't paying as close attention...

The temp has been a little low too, so maybe that's it. Or she's being really empathetic with me as I've been under the weather the oddest few days (hopefully not Coronavirus!!)?

I did give her a big feeding today but it was at least 8 hours ago... lights are going out within the hour.

Attachments

• 20200228_001346.jpg
    20200228_001346.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200228_001358.jpg
    20200228_001358.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 57
Do you your girls get tired by the end of the day

Just another related obs, my girls always perk WAY up when first fed after I mix up new nutes once a week. I keep a 10 gallon bucket and have a pump on a timer. I vigorously stir the nutes up with a pvc pipe once a day but maybe I need to run a circulation pump more often or maybe an airstone? Future speriments :)

I've never noticed any plants feeling blue at the end of a day though. I use coco/perlite and feed three times a day.

Just another related obs, my girls always perk WAY up when first fed after I mix up new nutes once a week. I keep a 10 gallon bucket and have a pump on a timer. I vigorously stir the nutes up with a pvc pipe once a day but maybe I need to run a circulation pump more often or maybe an airstone? Future speriments :)

I've never noticed any plants feeling blue at the end of a day though. I use coco/perlite and feed three times a day.
I have a slurricane that looks sad and thirsty every morning even though she’s not and an hour later she’s praying hard and happy as can be! Some plants just work on their own schedule! I’ve had it before as well where a plant starts to wilt just before lights out as they learn their light schedule. They know when lights come on and off and adapt to that as well

Back
Top Bottom