The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Looking good, ween!
Don't have any landscaping staples so improvised with wire.
Wire, pipe cleaners, bamboo skewers, paper clips, ducttape, string, chopsticks, kitchen sink...-it's all good...
I use bamboo skewers and thermostat wire on mine, mainly because I've got 250 feet of it to use up....

Thanks carcass! I was good with the 3 mains (lost 1) using binder clips and the soft wire and pipe cleaners. I have a bunch of ground wire which is heavy gauge, I tried putting it in soil but it just comes right out. I even created a hook on one end and put in soil and that didn't hold. So for the inners, I bent around the stems and maneuvered the shutes to where I wanted them. Not sure if they'll hold.....we'll see.

Cheers!:passitleft:

If they don't hold, you could try the bamboo skewer thing-you can pick up a pack of a hundred at dollar tree.
They poke all the way to the bottom of the pot,so they don't come loose or pull out.
A few feet of 20ga wire,and your tiedown problems will be over- you can slide the hook wherever you need it,because it won't always need to go clear to the bottom...
1583634033172.jpeg

1583634153442.jpeg

Just my 2 cents....

Garden staples definitely work the best but anything as mentioned above works great to!
Off to a great start ween!
My 30:1 CBD girls got a transplant and training yesterday!

That's a beautiful start on the quadline. That's the way i like to start em out and i like how it gives you a little room under the canopy.

Thanks Fingerz and Dutch!

lookin good ween! I do the same thing using wires to pull em down. They work great until you run out of em!

carcass, that's a neat idea! Nice 2 cents shared :) :thumb: :blunt:

I do tie down as usual but did you see how I did the inner shutes? Just bent the wire around the stem and maneuvered them how I wanted them. Did you do the same?

I had an update in my journal but realized I didn't post one here. My golden tiger #hexsquad is now at 37 days veg and still looking to flip in maybe two weeks. Middle of the plane is starting to get taller than the outside tips, so have to decide whose gonna stay. Should I do some topping or just get ready to flip earlier? The pot is about 14 inches in diameter and I've got a 32" tent. Granted, I've got a couple of clones too and my little Dark Devil Auto who are all growing really slow...

20200314_163703.jpg
20200314_163733.jpg

Saw this odd white part sticking out which turned out to just be light green edge of a new leaf.
20200314_112622.jpg

DDA now at like 3 weeks old... finally getting some air to strengthen her stems. She's been covered by a cup to keep the humidity up.
20200314_111815.jpg

Here's an updated pic of my balcony. :slide:
Before it was adorned with just 4 balcony rail herb planters and looked kind of empty, but now after giving it some Quadline treatment it's looking a whole better and still a few more weeks to go! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom