The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Hey so 100% took your advice and got all of the arches out of the stems , it took me a few times to read it over and over to catch the drift , so I put supports where the arches were to take them out , thank you so much for your help brother
I usually do the same thing with the lower branches remove all nodes from the main cola down . I did try leaving the lower stuff before and it was just a waste of the plants energy 100% agree with you on that one . When I first started growing I would top the plant and only keep the top 2 nodes and go from there ,

my last 2 plants were done like this but 2 filled a 2x4 with a scrog
image.jpg
image.jpg

I would like to get away from the scrog it makes maintenance very hard in a short tent . So doing these 8 cola plants can get a nice yeild and be able to love stuff around . The scrog is such a hastle in times but great for optimizing the lights .

so doing these 8 cola plants what kinda yields are you averaging ? but this is a great way Not a crazy long veg , and still have a nice sized plant . Thank again for your help man it’s greatly appreciated
This is the first 8 branch plant I’ve done so no averages yet. Lol. But I’ve quadlined quite a few now and they yield well for me. You can fill a 2x4 with 2 quads easily and not need the SCROG screen. Let me see if I can find a pic of my first quadline grow in a 2x4.....Here they are. These were 2 Blue Dream in 5gal pots under a cheap blurple light. @Asesino85 helped me a lot through that first grow and showed me how to maximize my space. Headroom is an issue and the quadline is perfect for that. This PuTang with 8 branches is probably gonna be in the light.

so doing these 8 cola plants what kinda yields are you averaging ? but this is a great way Not a crazy long veg , and still have a nice sized plant

My last grow I had 2 quads in a 2 x 4, 3 gallon coco/perlite pots, 280w LED, approx 1 week seed, 6 weeks veg, 9 weeks flower and got 10 zips from the two plants... I had 8-10 colas per plant. For next grow I'm going to bump up the colas a few and use 5 to 7 gallon pots, I still had room to fill.

This is the first 8 branch plant I’ve done so no averages yet. Lol. But I’ve quadlined quite a few now and they yield well for me. You can fill a 2x4 with 2 quads easily and not need the SCROG screen. Let me see if I can find a pic of my first quadline grow in a 2x4.....Here they are. These were 2 Blue Dream in 5gal pots under a cheap blurple light. @Asesino85 helped me a lot through that first grow and showed me how to maximize my space. Headroom is an issue and the quadline is perfect for that. This PuTang with 8 branches is probably gonna be in the light.

These are bueatiul , I think I will give this a go,
One thing that bothers me is when you start a plant and the node growths aren’t a mirror image of the other side , what do you do then ??
But I definatly want to try this and see where it goes , I’d love to hit 6 oz a plant of nice dense bud , , I haven’t weighed my last harvest yet so idk what kinda yields I’m looking at .

amazing looking plants my friend thank you very much for your help brother

My last grow I had 2 quads in a 2 x 4, 3 gallon coco/perlite pots, 280w LED, approx 1 week seed, 6 weeks veg, 9 weeks flower and got 10 zips from the two plants... I had 8-10 colas per plant. For next grow I'm going to bump up the colas a few and use 5 to 7 gallon pots, I still had room to fill.
I would be very happy with that I think I may be doing this with one of my plants this run or 2 as long as the growths are even I’ll give it a go
Much appreciated

I would be very happy with that I think I may be doing this with one of my plants this run or 2 as long as the growths are even I’ll give it a go
Much appreciated
You will not be dissatisfied, I recently also just harvested 1 quadline and it yielded me 5.4 oz. I plan on doing 5-6 on this next run.

Perfect top

how’s the soil meters holding up , I ended upjust throwing mine awayovertime , I like to pick the pots up and feel them
Plants look really nice man
They seem to work for the most part they more less gave me a rough estimate to start paying attention to the weight of the pot so I could get the hang of it this is my first grow.. the first time I watered after up putting was 4 days later I probably would of watered 2 days later if that as I didnt know any better

OK Gang you have me sold ( even more ) I will be quadlining all of my new girls. Last year I had an accidental quadlining of one of my girls, it turned into my biggest producer. No offence but there is not enough time in the day to read 77+ pages, is there a snapshot of what you all have discovered as "the way" to do this the best. I got far enough to see the basic steps: above the 4th node, slightly diagonal, strip the 1st two sets of nodes. So did you all build on this or did you make great discoveries along the way, I can't wait to hear about it.

OK Gang you have me sold ( even more ) I will be quadlining all of my new girls. Last year I had an accidental quadlining of one of my girls, it turned into my biggest producer. No offence but there is not enough time in the day to read 77+ pages, is there a snapshot of what you all have discovered as "the way" to do this the best. I got far enough to see the basic steps: above the 4th node, slightly diagonal, strip the 1st two sets of nodes. So did you all build on this or did you make great discoveries along the way, I can't wait to hear about it.
When I quadline I strip first two nods then top then I let them grow out then pull those 4 nods down with garden staples when I'm happy with the height knowing it'll fill the pot then remove any nods blocking the new growth growing but I've experimented a couple of ways and this produced the best for me.
They turn out like this
IMG_20200530_020220.jpg
IMG_20200530_020231.jpg
IMG_20200530_020236.jpg
IMG_20200530_020247.jpg
IMG_20200530_020310.jpg
IMG_20200530_020314.jpg
IMG_20200530_020330.jpg

I've also just tried leaving the 4 nods grow up and only pulled down a bit and they've gain more heigh
IMG_20200528_010751.jpg

When I quadline I strip first two nods then top then I let them grow out then pull those 4 nods down with garden staples when I'm happy with the height knowing it'll fill the pot then remove any nods blocking the new growth growing but I've experimented a couple of ways and this produced the best for me.
They turn out like this
IMG_20200530_020220.jpg
IMG_20200530_020231.jpg
IMG_20200530_020236.jpg
IMG_20200530_020247.jpg
IMG_20200530_020310.jpg
IMG_20200530_020314.jpg
IMG_20200530_020330.jpg

I've also just tried leaving the 4 nods grow up and only pulled down a bit and they've gain more heigh
IMG_20200528_010751.jpg
Really nice work my friend, I did a lot of LST on my first grow and like I said one quasi Quadlining so with you synopsis Iam off to the races , Thanks

Really nice work my friend, I did a lot of LST on my first grow and like I said one quasi Quadlining so with you synopsis Iam off to the races , Thanks
You won't regret it! I started with lst and fell in love cause my first grow was a tree and was not happy with the growth at all then lst created so much more growth then I found this and it is literally all I do to my plants now and I love it!
Sure you can tell a lot of us enjoy doing it too with great results!

1st post of the thread on page 1

Back
Top Bottom