The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

question for you wizards. when you talk about stripping the lower nodes.. does the single leaf (not cotyledons) count as a node? or the first set of true leaves is node #1?

question for you wizards. when you talk about stripping the lower nodes.. does the single leaf (not cotyledons) count as a node? or the first set of true leaves is node #1?

full

This pic should give you an idea.

A node is where a pair of leaves (along with growth tips, etc, diverge from the branch to make new branches.

So each node has a pair of leaves and a pair of growth tips (new branches), for the sake of this discussion.

In the pic above, the lower nodes (1 & 2) have been stripped already, but it gives a good view of node 3. You can see the pair of leaves, and the growth tips just coming out.

You can then see the node above growing perpendicular to the one below. This plant hasn't been topped yet in this pic. You can see the node above that is again perpendicular to the one below, but the same direction as 2 below it.

In short, nodes alternate every other one in terms of which direction they grow from the plant. However, they are all nodes.

Check the very first post in this thread for a wealth of information.

Hi Quadliners

I had never even heard of quadling until @Ganjagrandaddy recommended it, and I was so scared I would ruin my seedlings, I opted only to do one and just top the other.

I know she doesn’t compare to the magic you lot produce, I just wanted to share with you how much promise she is showing, despite my constant comedy of growing errors. I’m looking at flipping them on Sunday, while there is still every chance I‘m going to fuck them all up before flowering finishes, I just wanted you to see her before just in case.

D98AFD12-E326-4B18-B03A-2EFA2129319F.jpeg

This has been a very educational thread for me, so thanks :)

Looking good, trala. What strain is it?
I don’t know sorry.

It‘s a mongrel seed from a female who betrayed me.

And I was today years old when I found out males weren’t seedy buds!

Hi Quadliners

I had never even heard of quadling until @Ganjagrandaddy recommended it, and I was so scared I would ruin my seedlings, I opted only to do one and just top the other.

I know she doesn’t compare to the magic you lot produce, I just wanted to share with you how much promise she is showing, despite my constant comedy of growing errors. I’m looking at flipping them on Sunday, while there is still every chance I‘m going to fuck them all up before flowering finishes, I just wanted you to see her before just in case.

D98AFD12-E326-4B18-B03A-2EFA2129319F.jpeg

This has been a very educational thread for me, so thanks :)
Your not fucking them up at all TraLa. Healthy growth going on there. Lots of potential mains to play with too. Should make a nice quad finish.

Hi Folks, thought I would check in with a few new photos and a question or two. The first photo is of the veg tent. We have a new light on the way. The “blurple” is from an older 300 watt LED which gets used occasionally for seedlings and veg. The tent itself is 1 metre x 1 metre x 1.8 metres high. So three of the plants are quadlined, 1 LST and 1 manifolded (which I am already regretting since it has shown almost no growth since it was topped 4 days ago). The potato slices are for the fungus gnat larvae. There are only a few buzzing around at present. I am surprised by the differences in the 2 early miss autos. The quad is so much larger than the LST? These are the last 2 early miss seeds that we have. The early miss grows from the same package of seeds that we did previously all grew at the same pace and all ended up the +/- the same size. Go figure!
102ACB66-E0F3-41C8-9457-0DBAFFB5F5F9.jpeg
C4B29C85-ACA9-4D79-AA0B-817858AFC5A8.jpeg
8A9687DA-A231-4859-BEF0-D39E8D534271.jpeg
88AD45AF-4214-46D5-8679-CC1A8CB98D6D.jpeg
08CF4F3A-0645-4300-B6FE-28AEF8A1B351.jpeg
FB47701C-BE8B-4BAC-B354-D595454CE3B8.jpeg
Curious about the potatoes, What do they do?

I thought I come and hang out here with the cool kids and get some advice.
I quadlined 2 x Cannatonics and CBD Critical mass.
There are all at roughly the same stage, so this is one of the Cannatonics

My first question is should I start defoliating now and which leaves?

and once I get the stems to the edge of the pot, how much more veg time should I give it before going to flower?

Thanks

how old are they?
30 days?
are you going to repot?
veg time depends on the size of your tent, if you have a lot of space you can veg a couple of months
Yes, just over a month old.
My pots are a mix of 10" and 12", so I won't be re-potting.
I think I'll get 4 in my 1m x 1m tent.
Should I be taking some leaves from the centre, so the light gets down to the new shoots on the stems?

should I start defoliating now

I and many others here will remove the fan leaves that point back to the middle and/or cover the secondary bud sites. Remember the secondaries need to catch up with the 4 mains, so keep the mains low until they catch up and then the canopy will be even and the growth energy will be more evenly distributed.

So, I did a bit of chopping.
1st image before
Before Defoliation.JPG

And then a little defoliation later
After 4.JPG

So, these secondary site are opened up now.
After 5.JPG

After 6.JPG

Did I take off too little or not enough ?

I do like the symmetry of doing this but am a bit paranoid as I did some major defoliation with my last grow and it did not work out too well.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom