The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Added a few more ties to open her up, and clipped a few fan leaves that were blocking bud sites. So far, she's looking healthy. I've never done any major defoliation or lollipopping, so if anybody has any recommendations for when to do so, (or when NOT to do so), I'd appreciate the feedback!

20201023_213500.jpg
20201023_214119.jpg

I'd appreciate the feedback

I love the look of your plant! Preying and healthy. You got 20 tops, so IMO if you are looking to a 3 or 4 month grow, just keep the canopy level, spread them out as much as your tie technique allows, take off fans that block tops every few weeks, keep the lower third clear and snip any additional tops that grow out. Many other ways to proceed though, that's just my personal preference. Great job.

I love the look of your plant! Preying and healthy. You got 20 tops, so IMO if you are looking to a 3 or 4 month grow, just keep the canopy level, spread them out as much as your tie technique allows, take off fans that block tops every few weeks, keep the lower third clear and snip any additional tops that grow out. Many other ways to proceed though, that's just my personal preference. Great job.

Thanks for the reply! That actually sounds pretty much like my original plan. If I can keep her healthy, and get even half of those tops to produce decently, this will easily be my best plant to date. Absolutely loving the QuadLine technique. It suits my growing space really well, and produces a beautiful plant in the process.

I just chopped my Silver Lime Haze (190g)and CBD Critical Mass(189g) . They should dry down to just under 2oz each.
These were my 2nd batch of quads and I'm a convert.
If you have the time to veg then it's great. These ones spent a fair time vegging outside whilst the flower tent was occupied.
Thanks to all here...:Namaste:

SLH.jpg

SLH Harvest.jpg

Hey guys/gals

Guesstimating how many colas does a quadlineing need to produce 1 pound finished cannabis if you can only grow 4 plants tottal?

Mathematics says we only need 8 colas per plant, but that's 8 1oz sized. Realistically that's not likely. So I'm looking for some realistic answers as to how many colas I'm aiming for in general?

Thanks

Hey guys/gals

Guesstimating how many colas does a quadlineing need to produce 1 pound finished cannabis if you can only grow 4 plants tottal?

Mathematics says we only need 8 colas per plant, but that's 8 1oz sized. Realistically that's not likely. So I'm looking for some realistic answers as to how many colas I'm aiming for in general?

Thanks
I don't know if you can calculate like that to estimate a realistic yield. Even if 4 plants each had 8 one ounce colas that would be 2 pounds total. But there are big colas and small colas. I feel it would also depend on the plant size, how long it is veged for, how big the root base gets etc etc.

Here's a pic of one my quadlined girls from last season's outdoor grow, after drying and curing she weighed in just under 11oz. You can see on her that there is a bunch of colas of all different sizes. Maybe someone else has can estimate it better.

I don't know if you calculate like that to estimate a realistic yield. Even if 4 plants each had 8 one ounce colas that would be 2 pounds total. But there big colas and small colas. I feel it would also depend on the plant size, ho

Just looking for a good number to shoot for really. Gonna a have 4 plants In 2g or 3g buckets in a 3x3 tent 300w from the wall worth of power. I'd be happy with 1/2lb but let's try and get as close to 1lb as possible... this way I only need to grow once a year essentially.

Just looking for a good number to shoot for really. Gonna a have 4 plants In 2g or 3g buckets in a 3x3 tent 300w from the wall worth of power. I'd be happy with 1/2lb but let's try and get as close to 1lb as possible... this way I only need to grow once a year essentially.
Sorry my previous reply was posted before I got to add the pic.

I'm with you on wanting to clear a good yield. I am not an indoor grower but if you are growing 4 plants and want 4oz from each to give you a total of 1 pound that should be achievable, but you would have to presumably let them build a sufficient base in veging I'd imagine. I have seen some wonderfully big plants grown indoors where folk have first veged them for months and months. The plant in the pic above I veged for 4.5 months to generate the base necessary to support the buds it produced, there is no way that I feel I would have got that with exactly the same training but only veging for, say, 2 months.

Sorry my previous reply was posted before I got to add the pic.

I'm with you on wanting to clear a good yield. I am not an indoor grower but if you are growing 4 plants and want 4oz from each to give you a total of 1 pound that should be achievable, but you would have to presumably let them build a sufficient base in veging I'd imagine. I have seen some wonderfully big plants grown indoors where folk have first veged them for months and months. The plant in the pic above I veged for 4.5 months to generate the base necessary to support the buds it produced, there is no way that I feel I would have got that with exactly the same training but only veging for, say, 2 months.

That's a monster of a plant fella. Nice...
I dont mind having them in veg long enough, it's cool. I'm just tryin to figure out how mains and secandarys I'll need to gain 4oz per plant.

I'm thinking maybe 4 mains with 2 branches each giving 8 colas and no other branches. So hopefully 1/2oz per cola, Maybe...

Personally I would seek to let all strong branches grow out and prune off the weak potential larf bud branches. But if you only allow 2 branches each per main then I'd look to letting the root base develop a lot first to hopefully then cause the plant when flowering to really try and fill out those few branches with buds. But hey I'm only speculating there, good luck tho! :ganjamon:

Personally I would seek to let all strong branches grow out and prune off the weak potential larf bud branches. But if you only allow 2 branches each per main then I'd look to letting the root base develop a lot first to hopefully then cause the plant when flowering to really try and fill out those few branches with buds. But hey I'm only speculating there, good luck tho! :ganjamon:

This is the beauty of it all. We all brainstorming.
Its sounds easy enough, but in real life haha

I'm thinking (maybe I'm wrong) but if 1 plant only has 4 main arms and only 2 branches off that, the plant should concentrate on building buds on the 2 main colas per arm... ??

Yes that makes sense to me, but if you are going to grow out 2 branches per arm then I'd choose the strongest looking ones.

There was a past member here by the name of Light Addict, he did lots different training styles including Quadlining, but probably more trained in Fluxing (2 arms instead of 4), he would prune all under/over branches and leave on the side branches, some of his were extraordinary, one time he made one in the shape of a 'chair', another time a complete sphere that must have been close to 3.5 - 4 foot in diameter, and he did one that spelt out "Snoop Dog". Some of his fluxing plants were heavy with buds, 20 - 30oz per plants, however he veged (from memory) for 8 or 9 months to make those monsters. The down side to a long veg like that is when you get a power cut or some other issue that stuffs up the grow and then all your good efforts go down the u-bend.

Take a squiz at his last journal, he has his big sphere plant near the top, I can't remember off hand which journal had the pics of his huge fluxing monsters, I'm not sure how to search for them but he won plant of the month with some them.

Yes that makes sense to me, but if you are going to grow out 2 branches per arm then I'd choose the strongest looking ones.

There was a past member here by the name of Light Addict, he did lots different training styles including Quadlining, but probably more trained in Fluxing (2 arms instead of 4), he would prune all under/over branches and leave on the side branches, some of his were extraordinary, one time he made one in the shape of a 'chair', another time a complete sphere that must have been close to 3.5 - 4 foot in diameter, and he did one that spelt out "Snoop Dog". Some of his fluxing plants were heavy with buds, 20 - 30oz per plants, however he veged (from memory) for 8 or 9 months to make those monsters. The down side to a long veg like that is when you get a power cut or some other issue that stuffs up the grow and then all your good efforts go down the u-bend.

Take a squiz at his last journal, he has his big sphere plant near the top, I can't remember off hand which journal had the pics of his huge fluxing monsters, I'm not sure how to search for them but he won plant of the month with some them.

I'll check this out thanks ,)

I know most of us wait to top after the 3rd or 4th set of true leaves and strip anything lower but light addict made a pot waffle/flux with just where you topped and it was a thing of beauty.
Hopefully it be ok still IL top the other one in few days I think I'm trying to do cuz doing 2 outa 5 considering I topped today was praying like hell when I just checked

Back
Top Bottom