The Quest For A Kilo

It's always nice to see your shelf caving in from the weight of your buds!

Cheers guys!

We're finally flowering the filler run, although it's getting a little cold in the garage during the night. We're in the middle of summer, but it's still getting down to 4C during the night, so I may have to insulate sooner rather than later.

Some pics before I do a proper update tomorrow .

420-magazine-mobile2071340801.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1876668062.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1672585884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1416983241.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1933975544.jpg

Afternoon all!

It's been a bloody busy week - forgot to update the journal lol :)

Final weight of buds from the big girl is now in

420-magazine-mobile1415255870.jpg

All in she came to 826 grams of buds (1.8 pounds) 4 ounces (112g) of smaller buds to make some hash, and a mass of trim for butter.

If I had harvested every last bud, and not lost any to mould then we may just have hit the kilo mark.

With a little more height, care on the defoliation and another week or so veg time it may be doable next time around.

I've to move the veg plants to the garage tonight, so I will do an update on them later on, and get some pics of the buds jarred up :).

When I get back over the weekend we will be back into full swing, with the filler run flowering and some much needed training on the next big girl. It seems like a good idea to keep this journal going as a perpetual one so I think that's what we shall do .

Iam aiming for a kilo my next round after I flower some stragglers :) did better then I expected this round. But seeing how close u got to this goal just made me wana aim higher as well. Gratz on an amazing harvest AN can't wait to see u hit ur goal ..

Iam aiming for a kilo my next round after I flower some stragglers :) did better then I expected this round. But seeing how close u got to this goal just made me wana aim higher as well. Gratz on an amazing harvest AN can't wait to see u hit ur goal ..

Cheers bud, and good luck with your own quest for the kilo. The way i see it, if you aim for 1000g and get close, then it's a damn good harvest all round .

Nice looking set up coming there mono looking forward to see what they hold for us watching your journal in the near future

Cheers fella! I've ordered some materials to start the building of the new grow space, it's apparent the tents in the garage isn't going to work too well long term. Temps in the tent were down to 12C for a couple of hours last night, and i refuse to pay for heating at the cost per unit haha.

I think most would agree that 1.8 lbs is a respectable harvest... This is what i would call a first world problem, Congrats Mono!!!!

Thank you .. It's a very good harvest indeed, will keep the jars stocked up for quite a while. Although, until i hit the kg from one plant the quest will continue haha.

Cheers fella! I've ordered some materials to start the building of the new grow space, it's apparent the tents in the garage isn't going to work too well long term. Temps in the tent were down to 12C for a couple of hours last night, and i refuse to pay for heating at the cost per unit haha.

Shit you living in Antarctic lol I though uk was cold

Well well, changes are a coming in the grow space. I'm going to section off half of the room at the back of the garage, giving me 4.5 meters x 2.5 meters of floor space to work with. 2m tall seems like more than enough.

The plan is to build an internal wall with mdf boards, insulating the whole space with 100mm? Possibly 200mm? thick insulation. Inside I'll line it with black and white Mylar sheeting.

The grow space will be broken up with a 1.2 x 1.2 tent at one end which will be for the veg plants under the led. The rest of the space will be for storage etc and flowering. I'm thinking of running the 600 watt hps and 400 watt hps for flowering, and using 2.5m x 2.5m for flower. (Not 100% sure yet)

I'll use my big extractor fan connected to a thermostat to vent the whole room when the temps get above 27 degrees C and it turning off below 21 degrees. Hopefully this will help keep things warm enough. If things are too warm then I'll just vent the flowering lights separate through the aircooled hoods.

Before I go spending a load of £££ what's everyone's thoughts on thickness of insulation, or any other input... need to get this right first time.

Anyway - some pics of the plants currently .

420-magazine-mobile384775674.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1573714258.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1223648410.jpg

420-magazine-mobile535481856.jpg

And the next big girl, she has about 9 weeks left to veg before it's time to flower her

420-magazine-mobile2087839102.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2021931690.jpg

420-magazine-mobile215199032.jpg

Girls are looking good Mono. Are you going to flower her in this journal or are you going to create a new one for her? I would like to make sure I can grab a seat for that grow?

My tupence is thicker would be better keep heat from escaping where you don't want it hidden from eyes in the sky plus it'll hold the heat up and stop your temps dropping down to 12 I hear heat blankets stop the eyes in the sky seeing you too so you could wrap the other side of that stuff?

My suggestion is to insulate with bat insulation at minus 10 it would really help. But its up to you i know where i am in canada if i had mine in the garage then i would definetly need to fully insulate it just like a house as we get -40 -50 C in winter. Just an idea if you are going to do it this way it will keep it warm in the winter and if you are currently having issues in the summer then you will also have it nice and warm in there instead of below 10 C

I can't help you with the insulation Mono but I like the idea of venting into your grow area to keep it heated. I'm struggling with my temps down here all the time even with the mix of CMH and LED.

Hey Robbo, Lancashire lad eh? Big wave from sunny (or not so sunny today) Blackpool :ganjamon:

Now your jars are full Mono will you be making anything with the bud or is it purely for smoking? I just made a batch of oil which I'm using in capsules:

DSC012337.JPG

Great for getting high (seriously strong stuff) when out without having to start slinking off looking for a place to roll a fatty :)

Anyway looking forward to seeing your new setup when complete, all the best.

I can't help you with the insulation Mono but I like the idea of venting into your grow area to keep it heated. I'm struggling with my temps down here all the time even with the mix of CMH and LED.

Hey Robbo, Lancashire lad eh? Big wave from sunny (or not so sunny today) Blackpool :ganjamon:

Now your jars are full Mono will you be making anything with the bud or is it purely for smoking? I just made a batch of oil which I'm using in capsules:

DSC012337.JPG

Great for getting high (seriously strong stuff) when out without having to start slinking off looking for a place to roll a fatty :)

Anyway looking forward to seeing your new setup when complete, all the best.

Alright buddy where you from you up Scotland or you saying your from Blackpool?

Back
Top Bottom