The Quest For A Kilo

Flowering tent. Coming up to half way(ish) another week under the hps before we finish under the led.

420-magazine-mobile1090101184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2037799616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile412613229.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1362394531.jpg

And the big girl under the led (mars hydro 2 1200 watt on veg setting only... So 240 watts of light in a 4x4)

420-magazine-mobile984077590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Whats the idea behind the hps first and the LED finish? More stretched out colas early flower and cooler temps during late flower? Wattage of each?

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

It's really just a case of me not being impressed (with this particular led) for flowering.

The big plants are more important than the filler run as they essentially keep me stocked up. I've got a cross over this run with a shorter veg time on the bigger plant so both tents are going to be running 12/12 at the same time for four or five weeks.

I feel more comfortable flowering the big plant under the hps, that way the yield will be as good as possible and the filler run can finish under the led and do as well as they want too :)

It's interesting you mention cooler temps with the led, this one runs hotter with the veg and flowering switches on than the 600 watt hps does. Is this common with all leds? Always thought they ran much cooler.

It's really just a case of me not being impressed (with this particular led) for flowering.

The big plants are more important than the filler run as they essentially keep me stocked up. I've got a cross over this run with a shorter veg time on the bigger plant so both tents are going to be running 12/12 at the same time for four or five weeks.

I feel more comfortable flowering the big plant under the hps, that way the yield will be as good as possible and the filler run can finish under the led and do as well as they want too :)

It's interesting you mention cooler temps with the led, this one runs hotter with the veg and flowering switches on than the 600 watt hps does. Is this common with all leds? Always thought they ran much cooler.

Ah i see you must be using a mid priced blurple LED. The pics havent loaded when i was asking. The LED you use is certainly less efficient then a good HPS. Less light per watt, more heat per watt. Them being better then hps is just marketing and they cant compete with COBs or an aircooled HPS. But COBs are only more efficient then a double ended HPS when you drive them soft... Means 1 cob per sqft at 30-50W... And thats where is gets really pricey. But its safer and gets a more even spread. When the right cobs at the right current are used you should be able to hit the 1.9gpw with your skills

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

Mars Hydro do some great starter lights I've used them myself. They grow so I don't doubt that blurples work but there's better out there. They run hot which is a big issue for me seeing as my wife is a cold blooded dinosaur that sets the house to a 25C set temp. Thinks she lives in the tropics but that kills my plants ;)

M late but read the whole journal!! I have veg envy! M one my very first grow but compared to your growth mine are a lot smaller. M learning more and more everyday! I will get there I would b dumb to think I would have everything in order on my very first grow. I am enjoying the hobby a lot and don't plan on stopping no time soon. This community is priceless!! All the free knowledge or when I have a issue I normally have a lot of experience ready to help!! Looks great mono m subbed up maybe late but seems like a perfect time . Let's get that kilo!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

And tonight's buds, tutankhamon after a months cure

420-magazine-mobile2056897239.jpg

I actually mistook his tutenkamun buds for something of yours Twox they are indeed beautiful! Similar to the blackberry no?

Spookies .

I actually mistook his tutenkamun buds for something of yours Twox they are indeed beautiful! Similar to the blackberry no?

Spookies .
Definetly a similar structure and frosty look. That tutenkamun looks pretty damn tasty though and i have heard good things about it.. so many strains to try and not enough time... I wish my real life friends would stop growing the same thing over and over so i could try something new..:)

Back
Top Bottom