The RDWC Club

If you buy another make it a linear pump. Creepy quiet. I would also recommend a larger pump.... I don't even know what you have but I would go bigger. I like big ass air pumps.

And Air Force Pro 80 Linear Air Pump - 1363 GPH is on it's way! thanks for the rec!

1666334255110.png

Hey try a linear air pump. They pump tons of air and are waaaaaay quieter I run six of them and together they sound like one of the air 5's.

what do you guys use for measuring ppm and etc.. I tried to get a growboss but its back ordered so went with blue lab.. this thing is so far off its unusable.. the postit is with my handheld devices..

I even recalibrated twice.. I am going to try recalibratee with some solution I just picked up.. but those numbers are hugely different.. wondering if there is something else
4ac58cf2903fcd03663b8c5947c34e37.jpg

I use a Growboss but those Gaurdians are very well respected. I'd try to calibrate it again, even re read the instructions first. That thing should calibrate to bang on. If not send it back and ask for a replacement. I don't know of any other brands out there.

Are you sure the hand held units are not the ones reading incorrectly?

I use a Growboss but those Gaurdians are very well respected. I'd try to calibrate it again, even re read the instructions first. That thing should calibrate to bang on. If not send it back and ask for a replacement. I don't know of any other brands out there.

Are you sure the hand held units are not the ones reading incorrectly?
7.7 ph would have killed my plants last grow =/ as I never adjusted phbcause it is 6.5 out of tap but ill check with analog tests too..

what do you guys use for measuring ppm and etc.. I tried to get a growboss but its back ordered so went with blue lab.. this thing is so far off its unusable.. the postit is with my handheld devices..

I even recalibrated twice.. I am going to try recalibratee with some solution I just picked up.. but those numbers are hugely different.. wondering if there is something else
I use a Hanna Groline all in one. It's bad ass. There's only one probe, and one solution for calibration.

The screen is green so its not an issue with photosensitivity. Its so bright you can easily want around the room in the dark, or you can dim it or turn it off. It also tracks the Ppm, and Ph for the last 30 days. It's not the least expensive. But it's from arguably the best manufacturer, it's ridiculously easy to use. One one step in calibration. I highly recommend it.
967ea4e68efe036aab48aed7d19a0e50.jpg
18ef9f8f4e99dcb58e2a3413b2ff9adc.jpg
5d1fd3b4f5664095270d55f0b2a09bf8.jpg
b26b34a0a9122207714e2dd4ef134472.jpg

About you meter readings. Are you sure your calibration solution is correct to your meter? I'm on my phone or id send you a link to gyostuff.com. look for ppm scale factor to see what I'm talking about. Just a thought

About you meter readings. Are you sure your calibration solution is correct to your meter? I'm on my phone or id send you a link to gyostuff.com. look for ppm scale factor to see what I'm talking about. Just a thought
here is ph. recalibrated with new solution. still 1 off.. it's going back.. I took 1 of 4.01 three water and a 7.0.. =/
a3c189f12ff4cc72296a96b5acefdd96.jpg

so frustrating.. brand new meter and probe.. still off

ahh well I have an email into support to se if its something theybcan help with.. other wise ill try finding something else..
c5dd304b1f6f084a893c33efb2c25b9f.jpg
dd4af82e5e1a882e6d8a194d8dfaba2d.jpg

If it were me and I'd tested 2 Guardians that were both a point off the strips after calibrating, I'd immediately smash and burn the fucking strips and hook up my Guardian.

How do you calibrate the strips anyway??? According to the label in the picture, they're calibrated to saliva and piss.

If it were me and I'd tested 2 Guardians that were both a point off the strips after calibrating, I'd immediately smash and burn the fucking strips and hook up my Guardian.

How do you calibrate the strips anyway??? According to the label in the picture, they're calibrated to saliva and piss.
You go with the piss...

You go with the piss...

yep.. Turns out the bluelabs were point on.. The PH strips and the Pen I've been using for years was wrong. =/ ah well.. better to learn this now than later into the grow. I guess the soil grows I did before didn't mind the high ph =P The $60 pen is now getting RMA'd.. even after calibrating the pen with the 7/4 solution it's 1 off. I got liquid drops and had a store test my tap and it was def 7.*

all part of the learning.. 3 out of 4 dentists say 6.5... but the one that actually knows says 7!

yep.. Turns out the bluelabs were point on.. The PH strips and the Pen I've been using for years was wrong. =/ ah well.. better to learn this now than later into the grow. I guess the soil grows I did before didn't mind the high ph =P The $60 pen is now getting RMA'd.. even after calibrating the pen with the 7/4 solution it's 1 off. I got liquid drops and had a store test my tap and it was def 7.*

all part of the learning.. 3 out of 4 dentists say 6.5... but the one that actually knows says 7!
Nice

Back
Top Bottom