The RDWC Club

Very nice. Gives me ideas.
Vex... That is the biggest compliment you can pay me. I'm always trying to make life easier through creativity. If someone else can use my goofy ass rig to help their plight I feel I'm doing something right... at least on paper haha.

If you have questions please let me know. If you just want to kick some ideas around I'm like a Jack Russell Terrier always after "the ball". I'm a Manufacturing Engineer by trade so fixing problems is what I do everyday. Thanks man!.

That tip up design looks good and should serve you well till the plants grow through the mesh. Bravo, well done.
Thanks Dawg. I needed a way to work on the little plants. In a week I won't be able to lift the left side.

Anyone on here ever used current cultures UC ROOTS?
Nope. I've thought about it, but it's kinda hard to find. I've never heard of anyone using any of their nutrients/additives. Kinda sad thats where the money is.

New to the forums and to growing. My rdwc setup is 8x 5 gal buckets with 1 1/2pvc and uniseals. 2 70w air pumps and a 400gph pump to recirc(top fed dwc recirc) 45 gallons of water while in operation.
Its installed in a 4x8 tent, I dont have results yet but im in the 5th week of flower now on my first grow link in sig
20171111_200252.jpg

I have light proofed everything since this pic

And we all want to stuff too many plants in the tent. That system looks great. :goodjob:

Ian

Trying to decide between dwc and rdwc. What are some of the pros and cons y’all have experienced?

So, you need to consider several things.
  • available space
  • system size
  • lighting
  • RO/Tap water
  • and several more.
Once you have factored and considered everything...........you build an RDWC. Your welcome.

Thanks, but what are some of the pros and cons of rdwc in your experience?

It's going to be a small grow, 2-3 plants in a 3x3 space with one 600w light. 80% tap water, pure RO seems to drop my ph.
I have a dwc right now with a scrog, but it's not super easy to access the reservoir. That's why I'm considering a rdwc, so easier access to the reservoir.
However, I was thinking for the next to do two reservoirs and create some type of easy drainage system.

Are there any advantage of growth/potency for rdwc?

Thanks, but what are some of the pros and cons of rdwc in your experience?

It's going to be a small grow, 2-3 plants in a 3x3 space with one 600w light. 80% tap water, pure RO seems to drop my ph.
I have a dwc right now with a scrog, but it's not super easy to access the reservoir. That's why I'm considering a rdwc, so easier access to the reservoir.
However, I was thinking for the next to do two reservoirs and create some type of easy drainage system.

Are there any advantage of growth/potency for rdwc?
There are a few differences between DWC and RDWC. Dawg mention system size. The DWC is smaller because there's no reservoir. Also I think most DWC system are easier to place the pots (If you have multiple pots) because they arent hooked to each other. The negatives with DWC are: it's basically a conglomeration of multiple systems. Each pots needs to be addressed as a separate unit. Each gets its own nutrients, Ph, top water. If you have a lot of pots it can be a pain in the ass. But it's cheaper to build.

RDWCs pulses make it worth while. With a remote reservoir you can add water and additives without wrestling with plants to find a place to put it in. The reservoir gives you more nutrient volume so you can go longer without adding nutes or water. Your system is one homogenous unit. Everything from water temp to PPM is exactly the same, so when you check something it's true for every plant For $15 you can hook up a water source and auto fill the reservoir. It so cool to never have to worry about fill water. I have a fan in my res. lid to keep my water cool. I can get my water down 10 degrees(F) from the ambient temp. You can use the pump used to migrate your water, to drain your system. RDWC is much more expensive in terms of equipment. A store bought 6 site Under Current system is right around $1200 last I looked. Building one is fun and rewarding, but you will need some tools and a mechanical inclination. You will need a water pump and probably a stronger air pump. Thankfully there are myriad options to make things easier, cheaper, etc. RDWC is more prone to leaks than DWC, so if youre growing above a store that sell priceless postage stamps maybe DWC is for you... If not I think you will ultimately find RDWC the better system

Back
Top Bottom