The real reasons why Cannabis is illegal.

vegesbruen

If you are like me, you have smoked crappy herb. Herb so bad, you barely got a high, and felt like you had a hangover the next day. That is the type of herb, MOST people start smoking until they get the hang of things, and realize they are being ripped off. But the problem with this is, those whom run our country are old. And they probably smoked the crappy herb when they went to Yale.

The problem with marijuana though, is everyones perception that it is a gateway drug. And in some forms, it really is. But it should not be. The one and only reason people move on to ACTUAL DRUGS is pretty simple. Marijuana is expensive, it has an odour that is easily detected, it's hard to stash, and most people get sucky weed. If it were legal, i'm conviced most people would not "move up"...and that is because of one little fact. Much higher quality herb, with higher concentrations of thc, as well as not having as many chemicals in it will be available to the masses. Imagine everyone having access to medical grade!! If that were so, less people, if any would move onto real drugs. Only because you get much higher from med grade, as well as it being safer. Would you see people smoking crack still? Most likely, but i'm fairly sure there wouldn't be that many people taking up that habbit.

So to make a long story short, if herb were legal, less if no people would do actual drugs. Because the only reason people do drugs, is because they can not get high enough on their marijuana. Which in almost 95% of the cases, is the fact. Just like when people drink beer, they start drinking beer, then move onto whiskey, then to vodka, then tequilla. Well...if herb were legal, it would be top of the line all the way. No more crappy herb. No more unhappy people. No more alcoholics? %) Doubtful, but there would be less drug addicts.

Now another interesting point, is how much MONEY WE WOULD SAVE!! If herb were legal, it would free up our gov't resources. No more paperwork/arrests for helpless people whom just want to relax. No more wasted resources. No more smuggling. No more crime. I bet 1,000 dollars (american), that if you legalized our favorite herb, jails would not be as crowded. There would be less domestic disputes. Less arrests, more time for police officers to do there jobs, and HELP people. No more multi-billion dollar propoganda campaigns. And last but not least, NO MORE DRUG ADDICTS!!! YOU WILL SEE LESS PEOPLE IN THE STREET, YOU WILL SEE LESS PEOPLE LOOSING THERE JOBS FOR HAVING A BIT OF HERB IN THERE SYSTEMS, and THEN HAVING TO GO ONTO WELLFAIR!
Our economy would be greatly effected by this, because there would be more people in the workplace. (where do you think all those drug dealers/growers will go if nobody wants their wares?)

If marijuana was legalized, things would be a LOT different. First to even make it legal, we will have to give up some of our favorite things to do. (IE-crusing) Driving with herb in your system will be against the law, just as it is with alcohol. But unlike alcohol, THC stays in your system for a LONG time. A new system of on the spot drug testing will have to be developed. I am betting it will most likely be a saliva test. Just like a breath-a-lizer, it will tell how much THC is present. Since THC can be absorbed by your mouth, it is the simplest way to test. (someone please come up with this type of testing) The more THC you have...the higher your percentage, and the more penalties you will incure. I see no problem with this, AT ALL. It is the best way for us to use it, like responsible adults. It should only be sold to adults 21+ and just like alcohol, should be regulated.

But, like alcohol, there are different forms/types/grades. The big corporations will make herb, that will be good..but not great. Where you will have to smoke a lil bit more than you would with hydro (think about beer, compaired to vodka). And then you will always have the mad scientist up in humboldt, churning out the best herb. I am betting it will turn into the new nappa valley, except for potheads. =)

Preaching to the choir here man...

heh, I know. Just posting a few thoughts. I was in a pist off mood because I see people getting drunk and killing people while driving, and then I see stoners going about 10mph under the speed limit. I know who the real problem causers are to this world, and it's people who drink.

well, your wrong on that one... It's people that drink and do stupid shit that are the problem causers, not EVERYONE who drinks is a "problem causer."

Well there are ALOT of people who dont like the high of marijuana, and they totally dig the high they get from their drug of choice. (heroin, cocaine, crank, pills) So when you say that if all there was in the world was high grade marijauna, that it would stop alot of other drug abuse, that is very untrue. If you smoked pot for the first time and you had strong ass chronic, and you got stoned off your ass and didnt like the high and you experiment with it for a while and finally relize no matter what kind it is, or no matter how you smoke it, you just dont like being stoned. You will start experimenting with other drugs and when they find that ONE that totaly takes away there bad feelings and make them feel unbelievable thats how a junky gets started. It doesnt matter how strong the marijuana was that they smoked at first if they didnt like it, or even if they did like it but they found something better then thats why people are addicted to drugs. So when you say that because theres bammer in the world and thats why almost every drug user isnt a pot head that is a very false statement, because other drugs are very addictive and even if marijuana was legal all those other drugs would still be a huge problem in society. And yes they should legalize marijauna, just because if would keep harmless stoners out of jails and keep good people from losing their jobs because of harmless pot in there system, but that doesnt change the fact that other drugs will always be a huge problem no matter how strong the pot is. Every one has there preference, for us it is bud, for others it is not, and that will never change no mater what kind of bud they smoke.

Or most 1st time smokers are in a bad envoirment and have a bad time, which leads to them not ever smoking again. The REAL reason though: government says it has no med value, which is a lie. And it was used as a scapegoat for keeping mexicans out of the u.s. and the paper mills were threatened by hemp. Back to the interesting talk of being illegal, a lot of dumb-ass fucks pressure people into smoking. And when they do, it's in a bad place to do it, or with unfamiliar people. This sounds funny to even me but: don't underestimate the high that pot can give you, especially with the first time. Too many people think a 1st timer can do it wherever and whenever with whoever and it doesn't matter. I wish my first time had gone better, but bad or good trip the first time, you still have to enjoy the change in basic perspective of the world when you first smoke. I remember realizing "holy shit! KFC stands for kentucky fried chicken!" lmao

heh I know right, I am beginning to belive it was a fed, or a poster whom found something on another post. Anyway, if you have never smoked med grade, you will never know what a true high is. for those whom think they have had the best bud...i'm sorry, almost all med grade is a higher level than anything you have ever had. if you try true med grad marijuana, you will experience a life changing event. med grade marijuana changed my life, relieved my pain, and also let me LOOSE weight. so don't buy into the lie that most people will do real drugs, because they do not like the high they get from medical grade marijuana. If you do not like med grade marijuana...your one of two things, already f'ed up on some sort of drug(ie-alc or something along the lines of crack), or you aren't getting real med grade cannabis. then again, you can pose the third argument...that your dead and you can't feel anything. I stared out with med grade, for I am a med grade user, 100% legal in the great state of california. But i have also tried street marijuana, which made me sick, vomit, and even have a hangover. It almost made me fiend for more. It was a horrible experience, and that is what I believe most people have there first as well as most of the time. True marijuana leaves you with a calmed spirit and body. You will never feel any ill effects other than dry mouth, and your pain will be relieved. Medical cannibus should be legalised, it does work better than any of the pain killers I was on, and it changed my life for the better.

the only sort of "hangover" i've ever experinced from weed would be waking up and just feeling calm...sota like how your body felt while you were high without out the mental feeling...i liked it

mcdowell

Back
Top Bottom