The Real Reefer Madness: Medical Marijuana Regulation

Jacob Bell

A smart politician picks Friday afternoons to bring out news sure to be received badly. So it was with Gov. Christine Gregoire's veto of key provisions in legislation designed to bring uniformity to the "gray market" of medical marijuana distribution.

"The real change lies with and must be made at the federal level," said Gregoire. She knows full well that antiquated, unjust federal laws are not going to be reformed given a conservative Congress and an election-focused, risk-adverse White House.

Increasingly, in this state and country, uniformity is going out the window. Peoples' right or ability to engage in certain activities has come to depend entirely on where they reside.

The feds raided medical marijuana dispensaries in Spokane last week. They would catch hell doing likewise in Seattle and King County. State law appears to protect medical users who grow their own cannabis, authorize someone to grow it for them, or come together to cultivate their supplies. The feds can still raid, however, where they choose.

"I support allowing the medical use of marijuana," Gregoire said. Almost in the next breath, however, she noted that possessing cannabis to relieve pain is "still a federal crime," adding that this is an issue of "extreme complexity."

But a few basic truths need recognizing: Medical marijuana users cause no pain to society. They are about relieving pain. Pain knows no boundaries of political climate or geography. Does one set of policies apply in the city where Gregoire went to law school, and another on this side of the Cascade Curtain?

We still see about 800,000 drug possession arrests in America each year. The "War on Drugs" is a miserable failure, perpetuated only by the bureaucracy it spawns. The 40-year war hasn't stopped people from smoking cannabis -- use among teenagers is up of late -- and succeeds only in wounding reputations.

The best and brightest traipse above it. Our 44th president has written of teenage marijuana use in his autobiography. A youthful marijuana bust did not hinder the rapid rise of a top potential Obama challenger, Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana. Future Vice President Al Gore lit up for six years before his election to Congress.

So, a legal tangle persists. The most we can hope is for the Washington Legislature, in its special session, to deliver up those slices of the brownie that Gov. Gregoire is willing to accept. It gives lawmakers something to do while budget negotiations proceed behind closed doors.

The bottom line: What you can do is coming to depend on where you live . . . this in a country whose Bill of Rights and recognition of privacy is supposedly a touchstone for the world.

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: seattlepi.com
Author: Joel Connelly
Copyright: Hearst Communications Inc.
Website: The real reefer madness: Medical marijuana regulation

no raids out west just in the east part of the state. Our governor need to put on her big girl panties and put the feds in their place in HER state.

Each State outlawed Marijuana in the early 1900's one by one then the Federal Gov't made it illegal. Now, however, the States have changed their minds in light of the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System found in all life forms from the Nematode Worm to Human Beings and how the Endocannabinoid System works in conjunction with the Cannabis plant for overall good health in a way not possible with FDA Approved Drugs. We have discovered that Cannabis KILLS Cancer, this is a Scientific & Medical fact. If you or a loved one have been harmed by cancer I urge you to click on this link Lynnice Wedewer, Ph.D. Eight Time Professional Cancer Survivor, and see for yourself, pictures, medical records and facts. Lynn has successfully killed 8 cancer attacks to her body with Cannabis only. NO CHEMO! Chemo is NOT necessary when you use Cannabis. In fact Lynn is allergic to Chemo, it causes heart failure in her so Chemo is not an option, and never was for her. Lynn has legally been fighting her Cancer with Dr approved & recommended Cannabis in Iowa for the last 32 years. How? You may ask. That was the first word out of my mouth. Simple, Lynn is on a Lifelong Cannabis vs Cancer Research program started at the University of Iowa 32 years ago, and Federal Law does not apply to Medical Research Programs. Lynn had her first Cancer attack at age 14. At age 17 in a last ditch effort to save her life Lynn was put on a Cannabis vs Cancer Life long Research Program. She is so protected that even the person she would buy the Medical Cannabis from in Iowa would be protected. But this is unnecessary because she grows her own with the knowledge and blessing of the Federal & State Law Enforcement Agencies. Well maybe not the blessing but certainly the knowledge yet they leave her alone and do not harass her. But the first time she shares her Cannabis with someone else she risks being kicked off the program and prosecuted. This would be a Death sentence for Lynn has no immune system, most of her lymph nodes have been removed and her CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor was damaged by a tainted viral inoculation as a child. This is why she must consume large amounts of Cannabis via eating both cooked & raw, smoking and/or vaporizing and juicing raw cannabis. Lynn is also on a Cannabis Juicing Study for Cancer Patients based out of Humboldt, Ca. So read & learn the Truth as to how and why Cannabis KILLS Cancer click on this link now Lynnice Wedewer, Ph.D. Eight Time Professional Cancer Survivor, and save your life or that of a loved one.

Gregoire is an Obama stooge. She will not say Anything at all against Obama. Just keep that in mind. She is an airhead liberal that wants to tax every breath you take as well. If there was ever a politician I hated... She cut the dental benefits of the poorest of the handicapped in the state of Washington to balance the budget after the voters repealed the tax on candy and soft drinks.

Bull sht is bull sht....GOD created cannabis for us to use as we see fit...%^&* the feds...%^&* the big pharma...$%^& the oil cos....$%^& the people that are AFRAID of this GOOD plant. I am growing in my yard this year...I am 61..if they want me they can come and get me,...%^&* them, I WILL NOT leave that courtroom alive. It is time for the american people to rise up..just like they did in egypt and kick out ALL the bums...I am up for a march on D.C....anyone wanna join? I figure we could have a few million by the time we got there. I AM ready to give my life for a cause, and I am TIRED of being told what to do.

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to
whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is
indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood,
just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have
reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the
mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the
rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with
fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights
unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is
what I have done.
And I am Caesar.

We still have freedom of speech..we still have the right to bear arms. These two , I beleive are the most important. If we did not have these rights , we wouldn't be typing here...and I still have my weapons,,so...all is not lost YET. However we do need to take care of some serious problems..i.e...bringing big business and big gov. back down to OUR level. I think if 5 or 10 million cars , trucks, and campers merged on D.C. at the same time would take care of everything...we have the means to throw the bums out physically..by hand and without weapons. However we still have the right to carry them.

/\

We still have freedom of speech, sorta. When speaking out there is always the chance that your words will be used against you in some way. I have no doubt that if I were to become vocal in the small town that I live in, I would be harassed and become a target of scrutiny by law enforcement and possibly rednecks. While our rights are supposedly given to us by God and not by government it seems there is always a price to pay for using them. Thats not freedom. Freedom has no grey areas. Your either free or your not.

I'll leave the first alone, for now. The second amendment to the Constitution: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." is also interesting.

When has domestic gunfire preserved dignity or freedom for any american, in the last 100 years? Just present arms to any public official, and be shot down then bad-mouthed. We cannot protect ourselves in this way, against our heavy-handed and well-armed police. Gandhi showed the only way: Non-violent civil disobediance and boycott. The pricetag today is highly inflated, as life is cheap to our 'masters'. Many, many will have to die before our sociopathic leaders will relent. I'm old and willing, but not eager to catch a bullet. It's necessary; common cents(sic) don't cut the cost in Washington, they are jaded by big bucks.

ty jim...personally I dont care what the rednecks or anyone else thinks of me. I am gonna say what I want ,when I want..I do still have my weapons. I am an old...trained navy man...they aint takin NOTHIN from me...as Patrick Henry said...give me liberty or give me death...I dont gi9ve a %^&* I AM READY!

Back
Top Bottom