The reason marijuana should be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PottyMcGavin

Well the last thread was shutdown and it almost seemed like people were going against me so here, something for all of us to agree on.
I'm glad marijuanas illegal and the government is protecting us. Marijuana should be illegal because not everyone can drive safely on it, and it is a gateway drug. that make sense to you guys? is that good reasons to arrest people that are smoking a j in a park?...idk where you users come from or where you get your heads at, but seems like your atleast half on the gov side with keeping it illegal. Theres no halfass your either with the legalisation or your not. I think if your against the legalization, you shouldn't even be here..your the reasons why we're jailed for smoking a j in the park...

Re: The reason marijuana should be illegal..

anybody got any other reasons it should be illegal, how bout that smoking can cause cancer?

please feel free to educate yourself by looking at the medical marijuana and news sections of the forums. you also might find some useful information in 420 school. unless you are not open to alternative views from your own and much contrary information from respected sourses.

ignorance is bliss for only the ignorant, its a pain for everyone else.

Dude, what are you, like ten? You're not making much sense, you come here and post some shit that we know already, then get pissed (or so it seems, typed words don't show much emotion) when we say that we're well aware of your points. You go on to say that we're half on the feds' side, because some of us think its not such a good idea to opperate a potentially dangerous, two ton steel machine while intoxicated in any way. Think of it like this, I know its a bad idea to drive drunk, does that mean I'm in favor of prohibition? No, it means that I know alcohol slows my reaction time and negatively affects my (already pretty bad) judgement, which could lead to me not only injuring (or killing) myself (which is my right) but injuring or killing someone else, which is completly unacceptable to me. I try to apply the same reasoning to smoking and driveing, as pot does affect my reaction time and if not my judgment, then definitely my situational awareness. Now I'm not perfect, nobody is, and I already admitted that I smoke and drive despite knowing its a bad idea, but just because I do it and nobody gets hurt or killed doesn't make it a good idea, it just means I've been lucky so far.

Anyway, the number one reason pot is illeagal (and I'm saying its a good reason, nor is it one I agree with): Money. Several large corporations in industries as diverse as logging, chemical manufacture, and pharmacuticals, with ties to the government, are making money hand over fist because weed is illeagal, think about it, the makers of Prozac do NOT want to compete with marijuana, they will loose.

ignorance is bliss for only the ignorant, its a pain for everyone else.

In the words of Zach de la Rocha, "If ignorance is bliss, knock the smile off my face."

ok but i asked the reasons marijuana should be legal and someone brings up working with heavy machinery while stoned, where the hell does that come from? had nothing to do with the thread!! AT ALL!!
As for the guy who told me ignorance is bliss and all that, i'm not ignorant at all. THERES NOTHING THE OTHER SIDE CAN SAY THAT WARRANTS IT BEING ILLEGAL!...again if you agree with keeping it illegal for any reason, thats ignorance, and you shouldn't be on this side. I have open views, keeping it illegal is obviously ignorance. IDK if you said that to try to come up with a clever quote, if you agree with any reason that it should be illegal, your a hypocrit and shouldn't be on this site. I take it you don't like freedom much?

Dude, what are you, like ten? You're not making much sense, you come here and post some shit that we know already, then get pissed (or so it seems, typed words don't show much emotion) when we say that we're well aware of your points. You go on to say that we're half on the feds' side, because some of us think its not such a good idea to opperate a potentially dangerous, two ton steel machine while intoxicated in any way. Think of it like this, I know its a bad idea to drive drunk, does that mean I'm in favor of prohibition? No, it means that I know alcohol slows my reaction time and negatively affects my (already pretty bad) judgement, which could lead to me not only injuring (or killing) myself (which is my right) but injuring or killing someone else, which is completly unacceptable to me. I try to apply the same reasoning to smoking and driveing, as pot does affect my reaction time and if not my judgment, then definitely my situational awareness. Now I'm not perfect, nobody is, and I already admitted that I smoke and drive despite knowing its a bad idea, but just because I do it and nobody gets hurt or killed doesn't make it a good idea, it just means I've been lucky so far.

Anyway, the number one reason pot is illeagal (and I'm saying its a good reason, nor is it one I agree with): Money. Several large corporations in industries as diverse as logging, chemical manufacture, and pharmacuticals, with ties to the government, are making money hand over fist because weed is illeagal, think about it, the makers of Prozac do NOT want to compete with marijuana, they will loose.

I know why it is illegal, i said why should it be? So i guess the correct answer would be that it should be illegal so that the whole world gets drugged by the government, so they don't know anything but what the gov. tells them. Also, so major corporations can keep getting so much more money then they already have, and we can destroy america(as it's already being destroyed). "ignorance is bliss".
We're coming up with a good list though of why it should be illegal, too bad more people couldn't think of reasons it should be legal. NO WONDER ITS ILLEGAL! "ignorance is bliss".

I know why it is illegal, i said why should it be? So i guess the correct answer would be that it should be illegal so that the whole world gets drugged by the government, so they don't know anything but what the gov. tells them. Also, so major corporations can keep getting so much more money then they already have, and we can destroy america(as it's already being destroyed). "ignorance is bliss".
We're coming up with a good list though of why it should be illegal, too bad more people couldn't think of reasons it should be legal. NO WONDER ITS ILLEGAL! "ignorance is bliss".

No man, that is not a reason why it SHOULD be illegal, its just a reason why it IS. The point is that it SHOULDN'T be illeagal, which is a point you and I agree on, along with everyone on this board and millions elsewhere.

The reason weed should be legal is simple and self evident: It does no harm.

As for the heavy equipment comment, in my mind a car qualifies as heavy equipment, I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

This guy's got too much time on his hands.

ok but i asked the reasons marijuana should be legal and someone brings up working with heavy machinery while stoned, where the hell does that come from? had nothing to do with the thread!! AT ALL!!
As for the guy who told me ignorance is bliss and all that, i'm not ignorant at all. THERES NOTHING THE OTHER SIDE CAN SAY THAT WARRANTS IT BEING ILLEGAL!...again if you agree with keeping it illegal for any reason, thats ignorance, and you shouldn't be on this side. I have open views, keeping it illegal is obviously ignorance. IDK if you said that to try to come up with a clever quote, if you agree with any reason that it should be illegal, your a hypocrit and shouldn't be on this site. I take it you don't like freedom much?

Alcohol is perfectly legal, but is still illegal to drive and operate heavy machinery. In fact you can get a DUI with a peddle bike. So I don't see why they wouldn't treat cannabis the same.

and I am very confused? are you arguing both sides? Do you want Marijuana to be legal or remain illegal?

Alcohol also causes a whole list of medical problems, poses dangers doing any physical activity, and no one says it should be illegal. Why? The massive wave of crime that would come from otherwise law-abiding citizens that happen to like it. THIS IS WHY WEED SHOULD BE LEGAL. I consider myself by every measure a law-abiding, politically active citizen. But the laws of this country say I should be locked in jail and have my right to vote taken away because of the all natural plant that I am smoking right now. I don't steal. I have never killed anyone. I've never harmed any women or children. I've never so much as thrown a punch in anger in my life. Yet I'm a CRIMINAL.

Strangely, this criminal doesn't like to think of himself as one, and would like to see this law changed in his lifetime. I mean, if Bush can get himself exempted from all the laws he's broken, it makes no sense to throw me in jail for hitting a bong.

please guys, dont argue. talking goes alot further, why argue, seriously? blaze another one and consider it :)

I think it should be illegal also, I dont trust other people driving on it, I trust the stoners, but not the newbie smokers... I do however think it could be decriminalized in all fairness.

i'm really lost on this one. i can't tell if PottyMcGavin is pro or con pot. there seems to be a major communication break down on this one. i'm done. i don't understand whats being said or asked enough to be able to reply.

Enough talk about alcohol guys. 420 related ok, or I will shut the thread down and somebody may go to Norfolk Island on vacation!

I was just trying to make a point about the comment on driving. Thats all, I was using a perfectly legal substance but showing it was illegal in the situation. It goes with any perception altering prescription medication as well. If you aren't sober don't drive, I don't care with you are on.

WTF IS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND MAKING MY THREADS INTO A DRIVING WHILE HIGH THREAD!!! POST IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD DAMMIT! UNLESS IF YOU THINK MARIJUANA SHOULD BE ILLEGAL BECAUSE PEOPLE DRIVE HIGH! Which i think some of you do think it should be illegal for that reason, that's why i made this thread, and thats why i say you people are not good for this site. Really questioning which way we're moving with this site here.

ok.

i've been reading this thread and the closed down one.

i think marijuana should be made illegal to those who endanger other peoples lives while using it or are not capable of the maturity and responsibility to handle the drug in a safe manner.

how they're gona practically do that? where are they gona draw the line between responsible users and unresponsible users? how they're going to guarantee responsible use? i dont noe. not my problem. thats the problem for the legislators. but thats what i think.

hahahaha

WTF IS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND MAKING MY THREADS INTO A DRIVING WHILE HIGH THREAD!!! POST IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD DAMMIT! UNLESS IF YOU THINK MARIJUANA SHOULD BE ILLEGAL BECAUSE PEOPLE DRIVE HIGH! Which i think some of you do think it should be illegal for that reason, that's why i made this thread, and thats why i say you people are not good for this site. Really questioning which way we're moving with this site here.
please stop yelling, its just rude

you are not a moderator so its not your decision about what thread contains what content. and certainly not when phrased the way you have choosen.

there are not very many reasons that are going to be given as to why marijuana should be illegal. this is a pro legalization site.

perhaps if you could rephrase your original question it would be easier for everyone to answer your question.

i don't recall how many posts you have made here but i don't recall it being many. first impressions are important. why not try a different approach and make friends with a great bunch of people. we may fuck up but we try to maintain somewhat.

i think the point of the posts have mostly been saying irresponsibility should be illegal. it should be illegal to be under the influence and drive just like any other substance. i hope that clears up any misunderstandings. i'm not a mod for this area and i'm speaking as a member who tries to respect others and expects the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom