The reason why fruit sugar (fructose) is beneficial in flowering

And your right about that one Boss. The juice or raw sugar is suppose to feed the beneficial organisms living in the soil. This bacteria or bennies then consumes excess minerals and plant waste as well as rotten plant material in the soil and converts it to nutrients for the plants. I used a form of bennies in hydro growing as well a while back. What I failed to realize or be told at the time was that salts destroy bennies. They need organic matter to survive and if your using a synthetic or salt based nutrient the bennies are less active.
What I responded to kuukulgur about was the topic he brought up and that was that plants don't uptake sugars and I gave a report about a product that claimed that plants could uptake these sugars and they affect the yield, smell and taste. this product sweet is suppose to do this. I noticed nothing but harshness and a nasty taste. What ever the plant did uptake it affected the taste, yield and smokability for the worse. This would agree with his wikipedia link.

Fructose is far better than sucrose. It is a simpler molecular sugar. I have just caught up on this. The way I look at fruit sugars, or sucrose, is that it provides chelated necessary goodies to the plant, and roots will take them up readily. The reason for fructose is that it takes less time for the elements to become usable. Sucrose takes longer for the plant to metabolise before it is usable, hence longer delivery time. Also, in some fruits where potassium is present, this acts as a flowering stimulant, and will increase flower size and increase yield.

They say that it does not effect taste or smell, I have to say the cure smelled just like oranges on my 12/12 girls that I flushed with squeezed orange juice about a week before harvest. The smell went away a lot after cure, but the bud is excellent.

Here they are (the main buds from the 12/12 early girls)
bbuds.jpg

Foods High in Potassium

* Apricots
* Artichokes
* Avocados
* Bananas
* Cantaloupe
* Cod
* Dates
* Dry beans (i.e. kidney beans and navy beans)
* Figs
* Flounder
* Greens
* Honeydew melons
* Kiwi
* Lentils
* Nuts
* Oranges
* Peaches
* Potatoes
* Prunes
* Pumpkins
* Raisins
* Salmon
* Sardines
* Potassium-based salt replacements
* Tangerines
* Tomatoes
* Watermelons

Foods Moderate in Potassium

* Apples
* Broccoli
* Brussels sprouts
* Beets
* Carrots
* Celery
* Cherries
* Eggplant
* Mango
* Mushrooms
* Okra
* Pears
* Peanut butter
* Plums
* Peppers

Would fruit juice work with hydroponics? :confused: Sense when I flush I use just pure water, so there are no beneficials in the water to feed on the juice.

:bongrip:

Check your ph after adding orange juice.......the ph of my well water is 6-6.5 after adding 2 oz of orange juice to 1.5 gallons of straight well water it was 5.0. about 1 tsp of baking soda brought it back to normal.

I like oranges.

Lots of people add all kinds of stuff to their grow and it reminds me of tweaking. If you know that it is going to benefit you add it. But Know it is going to benefit you. The more things you do the more chances you have of screwing something up.

Do any commercial producers of any crop use molasses or sugars of any kinds?

I am not saying anyone is actually wrong. And as one fellow said, you may be doing something indirectly that benefits your grow. Adding acid to your grow is something to take note of, and I have had acid indigestion from orange juice before. It is pretty acidic.

I do appreciate the thread but I think I will be staying away from adding things to my soil that are not proven with many years of study.

Do any commercial producers of any crop use molasses or sugars of any kinds?
I hear some of those ginormous pumpkin growers mainline sugar intravenously into their prize winning fruit.

of course thats not commercial produce, but neither is mine.....

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom