The Roomie's meds!

pHarmer Bud

Hello fellow gardeners, I'm a noob here and wanted to find out what you guys think about this setup I did for my roomie!!! I just wanna make sure I've got my feeding and lighting timeline down, since these are NOT my plants(unfortunately)!!! I'm going to feed the baby girls at 14 days veg w/half strength Dr. Earth's Nitro Big(Organic) until 2 weeks after start of pre-flower, then change to Dr. Earth's Golden Bloom and change my light schedule from 24/0 down to 20/4 at first sign of pre-flower!!! BTW, the show is as follows: 2 Auto Pounders(Auto Seeds); 1 Ultra Violet Auto(Samsara Seeds); 2 Big Bud(Homegrown Fantaseeds); 1 Green Love Potion(Samsara Seeds) and all of them are in 5.5gal Ultra Oxy pots filled w/Happy Frog soil and no add'l nutes as of yet!!! I'm watering w/RO water, that I'm still letting sit for 24hrs before using(due to the questionable condition of the filters). I will of course separate the plants when either the tent gets too crowded, or the non-autos need to go flower. Current setup is 2 AgroMax Classic tents each w/LG LED Solutions MARS II equivalent 1200W(570-600W actual), 6" fan, 4" exhaust fan attached to top port.

The girls in the pic poked thru the soil on 8/31, and here's where they are today!!!
IMG_100423.JPG

P.S. Has anyone used these Ultra Oxy pots??? Feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

I would go 18/6 with the light schedule since you have autos in there, and start with 1/4 strength nutes at end of 2 weeks. Once your autos are done, flip lights to 12/12 for your photo plants and feed bloom nutes after stretch has stopped, which is usually two weeks. Your autos will start flowering around day 19-21, so be ready for them

peyton manning

why would you advise the op to delay bloom nutrients?in 30 years Ive never seen/heard anyone advise this??
I dont know any growers who delay,In fact most start bloom nutrients 10-14 days prior to the flip a 2 week transitional period seems to work best.

Just wondering if its what you've read? or something you practice?

I use Lucas formula so mine doesn't change at all. I thought I'd read that people will not feed it bloom nutes till after the stretch. I guess I put the two week delay after start of flip, whereas you have it right before flip. Sorry bout that. But at least now I know the proper way.

No mistakes man,I thought maybe you were on to something,lucas formula eh? they do have a switch in there also(2 weeks prior to flip)

I have never dared to use this much,it would roast my plants,Lucas himself recommends dropping a little IF not under a 1k light or natural sun,Ive spoke to him on other forums,I wish he would grace us over here.I prefer the 5/10 in hydro and the 8/16 in soil.

(Mel Frank graph-Lucas website)
Pre-Flowering (two weeks before induction)
Nitrogen (N) - - 70-100
Phosphorus (P) - - 100-150
Potassium (K) - - 75-100
Magnesium (Mg) - - -
ml/gal M-B-G - - 6M-22B-0G------------this one
N-P-K-Mg - - 97-146-238-100
Est TDS@.7 - - 1401
Est Cost/ResGal - - $0.18

For Flowering
Nitrogen (N) 40-100 40-100 0-50
Phosphorus (P) 70-90 70-100 100-150
Potassium (K) 120-220 100-200 50-75
Magnesium (Mg) 30-50 30-60 -
ml/gal M-B-G 3M-22B-0G-------------------------to this one
N-P-K-Mg 100-87-220-63 99-103-209-73 49-146-230-100
Est TDS@.7 1158 1200 1140
Est Cost/ResGal $0.14 $0.15 $0.16

That's a lot of bloom nutes per gallon. I use the 5/10 under CFL and 8/16 on led. 22ml of bloom seems like a lot to me. I water full strength every day in a hempy, so I would burn through that too fast. And I give it 3ml of cal/mag. It would be nice to hear from Lucas himself though.

OK, it's update time!!! Here are the girls at 20 days after sprout!!! 1 week ago, I FIM'd the Green Love Potion and the 2 Big Buds, filled my tray(with 1T/gal of RO water Epsom Salt solution) JUST to the contact level of the soil at the center/bottom of my Ultra Oxy Pots, and gave them their first feeding of Dr. Earth's Nitro Big 1/2 strength. Also cut the light back to 20/4 from 24/0!!! I'm gonna hit the again with the high N feed at full strength in 1 week. I'm using a feeding schedule recommended by loki125 on the GC forums, because this dude does some AMAZING shit with LEDs and AUTOs!!! He has grown some award winning plants that are seriously noteworthy!!!
IMG_112822.JPG
IMG_112730.JPG
IMG_112624.JPG

Nice dude,
Looks like it's going to get pretty packed in there are you planning on "scrog"ing?
So, what I'm gonna do is move the 3 non-autos(2 Big Bud, 1 Green Love Potion) into the other tent that is currently occupied by my outdoor lady(moved 2.5wks ago due to high RH outdoor and pests)!!! I haven't decided whether to ScrOG them out, or just LST 'em, maybe w/some short canes!!! I'm leaning toward the later due to ease of moving the plants around for inspection of the undersides and accessibility from all directions!!!

For which??? The Lady in the pics directly above, or the Roomie's stuff(the little girls further up)???

BTW, Thanks man!!! I haven't done any of this type of gardening in 20yrs or so!!!

it will all come back to ya, if ya did it 20 years ago,you will have no problems now.

this feed schedule

I'm gonna hit the again with the high N feed at full strength in 1 week. I'm using a feeding schedule recommended by loki125 on the GC forums, because this dude does some AMAZING shit with LEDs and AUTOs!!! He has grown some award winning plants that are seriously noteworthy!!!

Here is the feeding schedule that I'm going to use and seems to be working great so far!!!
Weeks 1-2(Sprout to Veg'n): Seedlings are living off of the nutes in the Happy Frog soil and the RO water & Epsom salt solution I've watered and with. 24/0 Light schedule!!!

Weeks 3-4(Veg'n to Flower for Autos): Light has been cut back to 20/4 and I've started misting the young ladies w/the Epsom salt solution soon after lights out and cool down. First feeding at beginning of this period w/half strength nutes(Dr. Earth's 7-2-2 Nitro Big) approximately 24oz top watered as I've started watering via filling tray to the point that the Epsom solution contacts bottom .5" of soil in my pots.

Weeks 5-6(Autos in flower): Feeding at the beginning of this period w/Full strength veg'n nutes(Nitro Big) at approximately 32oz. as plant and root structure will use more nutes at this time. The ladies should all have roots in the water at this time(like the GLP did at week 3)

Weeks 7-8(Autos in flower and Non-Autos going to other tent to go flower): Once again feeding at the beginning of this period, but this time w/Full strength flowering nutes(Dr. Earth's 2-7-2 Golden Bloom) and 32oz. like last time.

Weeks 9-10(Everyone flowering now): Feed same as before at beginning of period w/same nutes and amounts. Somewhere during week 10 I'll be looking at the two different stains and progression of flowering and begin to flush accordingly w/RO and Epsoms, until 2 days prior to harvest, I'll hit 'em w/Ice water to shock 'em!!!

P.S. Non-Autos will get light cut back to 12/12 of course, and relatively same treatment until ready to harvest!!!

Back
Top Bottom